Author Topic: Team for Round 3  (Read 7052 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Team for Round 3
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2010, 06:33:21 AM »
I'd like rance to take goodes. Basically follow him everyone and play him like a negative tag. Even if Goodes towels him up, he'll learn about elite endurance running......
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2010, 07:57:16 AM »

And just in case you think I was kidding, the snorefest that is St.K vs: Coll has yielded a scoreline of 42 to 38 to 3/4 time. :sleep :sleep :sleep
[/quote]

Really?? Hard, passionate and accountable brand of football being played. What i wouldn't give to see that kind of endevour week in week out by the tigers.
[/quote]

And what I wouldn't give to see scorelines regularly topping 120 like they used to every week when I first started following the game.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2010, 08:06:39 AM »
It was Collingwood's abysmal kicking that made them score that low.

The Saints were pretty accurate in front of goals and they only scored 68, a pretty modest total by any reckoning.
For large chunks of the game the ball was just rebounding from one half-back line to the other like soccer.
And there was PLENTY of that swinging the ball backwards and sideways, and chipping through the flood.
If you people enjoy watching that, and think its' "good tough accountable footy" then you've just become desensitised to the gormless sludge that is modern footy.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: "We're looking to give some others a chance": Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2010, 08:15:35 AM »
It won't be a low-scoring game for the Saints when we play them  :help. If they turn up with their A-game they'll swamp us with that kind of pressure, toughness and intensity  :help.

Yeah I know. I remember what they did to us last year. Or the last six  or seven years.
In fact we've been absolutely blown away by all the teams that like to flood.Because we're too dumb and/or lazy to do the kind of gut-running that's needed to beat them at their own game. >:(

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »
Tuck's been playing off half-back recently.  He'd be better as a forward, but that's how he's been played.  Maybe he'll go with Goodes?