Author Topic: Fans Training Night  (Read 6976 times)

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Fans Training Night
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2004, 02:49:44 PM »
LMAO - it appears the entire board of posters was at training and none of us saw each other, although I did catch up with WP. :thumbsup

FWOY if the Ist lieutenant had the initials TD then I think I saw him as well.

LMAO at the limp wristed coach that can coach as opposed to the firm wristed one who couldn't :lol

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2004, 03:02:41 PM »
LMAO - it appears the entire board of posters was at training and none of us saw each other, although I did catch up with WP. :thumbsup

FWOY if the Ist lieutenant had the initials TD then I think I saw him as well.

LMAO at the limp wristed coach that can coach as opposed to the firm wristed one who couldn't :lol

Correct bg25  :shh
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2004, 04:37:16 PM »
Mightytiges, the pics are stored on a free site, prone to dropping out from time to time. If You can, maybe you should store them on the OER server...feel free to shrink 'em a bit if you do.

Cheers Fwoy. It is done  :thumbsup. I've also half-sized them plus added a link to the full size image below each pic.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2004, 04:43:25 PM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2004, 04:45:41 PM »
Bigger bandwidth needed for us boys.

Fwoy !
I missed you 6foot6 frame.
Where were you ???
Dam.lol

LMAO @ 6 foot 6!! I think you've added a few inches from my pants into that description  :lol :scream :rollin

lmfaooo@Fwoy having a 6-foot schlong

Thanks for the pics dude  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 05:36:10 PM by JohnF »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2004, 06:51:20 PM »
Fans flock to Tiger Field of Dreams
5:51:13 PM Thu 16 December, 2004
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

More than 1000 members of the Yellow and Black faith basked in glorious sunshine at Richmond’s Christmas Fans’ Training Day at Punt Road yesterday (Wednesday, December 15).

And, it wasn’t just the ideal weather conditions that put a smile on the face of the Tiger supporters.

From the opening of the Jack Dyer Foundation Walkway of Honour, to Terry Wallace’s fan-friendly focus, to Richard Tambling’s blistering pace, to the wide variety of training drills, to the players’ autograph session, to the arrival of Santa, this was a Punt Road package to please the most discerning of Tiger barrackers.

The Walkway of Honour was fittingly opened by Richmond’s oldest former player, Syd Dockendorff (96), and 72-consecutive year member Alice Hayden. This special paved area in front of the Social Club at Punt Road recognises the contribution of each player who has represented the Tigers in at least one senior game throughout the Club’s 96-year league football history. It also acknowledges Richmond’s 50-year-plus members and Jack Dyer Foundation donors.

Syd Dockendorff, who made 13 senior appearances for the Tigers from 1932-33, told interviewer, Richmond CEO Steven Wright, that the two finest players he’d ever seen pull on the famous Yellow and Black colors were the ‘Immortal’ Jack Dyer and classy wingman of the 1920s-30s, Alan Geddes. Syd fondly remembered the ‘daisycutting’ stab passes that were such a feature of Geddes’ game.

Alice Hayden, for her part, was keen to jump to the defence of popular Richmond Hall of Famer, Neville Crowe, stating that the infamous swipe the former Tiger ruck star took at Carlton’s John Nicholls, in the 1967 second semi-final, had missed by a long way. She then went on to laud ‘little’ Laurie Fowler for his ‘act of vengeance’ on ‘Big Nick’ six years later, in the 1973 Grand Final.

Following the cutting of the ribbon to mark the official opening of the Walkway of Honour, Richmond coach Terry Wallace had the large crowd spellbound as he briefly outlined his vision for the team in 2005, and then explained what was about to unfold in the training session out on the hallowed Punt Road Oval turf. Not surprisingly, he received rapturous applause at the end of his speech . . .

For the next couple of hours, Tiger supporters sipped on beer, wine, soft drinks, scoffed down sausages, and watched with enormous interest as their old and new heroes were put through their paces by Terry Wallace and his coaching panel (Brian Royal, David Wheadon and David King).

The fans lapped it all up . . . they particularly enjoyed it when young Richard Tambling or Brett Deledio produced something that underlined their bountiful potential.

There was genuine excitement in the air at Tigerland on this mid-December late afternoon/early evening – and the supporters departed, bubbling with renewed optimism.

The gloom of the 2004 season, thankfully, was but a distant memory .

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=181092
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2004, 07:32:05 PM »
Alice Hayden, for her part, was keen to jump to the defence of popular Richmond Hall of Famer, Neville Crowe, stating that the infamous swipe the former Tiger ruck star took at Carlton’s John Nicholls, in the 1967 second semi-final, had missed by a long way. She then went on to laud ‘little’ Laurie Fowler for his ‘act of vengeance’ on ‘Big Nick’ six years later, in the 1973 Grand Final.

Still ?!?! - LMAOOOOOOO
Good on her.

Was impressed with the new training regiment that looks to be implemented,nevertheless,I'd have liked them to have put in harder on the day.i know it was a promo/parade situation but had i seen them going flat out
I would have felt complete.
I still queery afew tickers and don't see them changing without some bloodspill.
Spudly would have been left scratching his head.