Author Topic: Mifsud sorry for false claims  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Mifsud sorry for false claims
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »
The whole thing is just ugly. Rioli gave misfud a huge spray in the media, also saying misfud has lost the trust of the players.

so many questions;

As a mainstream media dude, should thomas have made enquiries with the Melbourne football club before airing his allegations in public?

Misfud has 'hinted' that the allegations were made to him by a melbourne player. why would someone make up allegations like this?

was it a test of misfuds integrity?

is this just a cover up for misfud -the afl refuse to name the player?

why did misfud tell thomas this.? did he want it published? was it told in confidence to a mate?

dirty business indeed.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 03:29:48 PM »
I reckon It's a square up. Thomas is great mates with Rendell. What Rendell said to misfud in confidence was blabbed. So Thomas found a way to get him back so he leaked what misfud said to him in confidence. Think about it.... Thomas hates the AFL bosses and got one back for his mate.
My take anyway.

But Thomas & Mifsud are mates as well so that sort of shafts your theory a bit

So are Mifsud & Rendell
apparently

True

With friends like this ...... :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »
I reckon It's a square up. Thomas is great mates with Rendell. What Rendell said to misfud in confidence was blabbed. So Thomas found a way to get him back so he leaked what misfud said to him in confidence. Think about it.... Thomas hates the AFL bosses and got one back for his mate.
My take anyway.

But Thomas & Mifsud are mates as well so that sort of shafts your theory a bit
Thomas & Rendell worked together & are great mates fact.
Thomas gave Misfud's a start in footy but Misfud got lured to the dark side of footy being the AFL.  Given Grants hatred of AFL hierarchy it looks to me he found an opportunity to teach his young mate a lesson as well as stirring up the AFL & Dimitrios.
 I truly beleive that this was a square up especially if u take into account Grants take on the sacking of his great mate Rendell at the time it was scathing of the AFL not Adelaide.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
Thomas & Rendell worked together & are great mates fact.
Thomas gave Misfud's a start in footy but Misfud got lured to the dark side of footy being the AFL.  Given Grants hatred of AFL hierarchy it looks to me he found an opportunity to teach his young mate a lesson as well as stirring up the AFL & Dimitrios.
 I truly beleive that this was a square up especially if u take into account Grants take on the sacking of his great mate Rendell at the time it was scathing of the AFL not Adelaide.

Suggest you get a copy of today's HUN and have a read of Jon Ralph's column to see how close Thomas & Mifsud actually are - 25 years of history those two. I would even go as far as saying they are closer than Thomas & Rendell.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
Thomas would have been coaching warnambool when misfud was playing for mortlake  so it's quite likely they do go back that far
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
So are Davey and Rendell. Maybe a square up by Davey on Mifsud?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

gerkin greg

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 11:15:57 PM »
Can't believe Neeld doesn't want to know who started the rumour from within his playing group because it's not important and he's moved on yet is considering suing Thomas

Rabble

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 01:03:23 AM »
I can't see how Misfud can remain in his position. Anything he says from now on will be doubted by the public which doesn't help the players he's meant to represent and help when needed.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
seriously,WGAF?

It's a crock of outback poo.
The sun will rise tomorrow and we will continue to play footy.
Read the age article -Goodes is behind Mifsud and Ronnie Burns is just a moron who needs to STFU ASAP.
stuffen Drama Queen

gerkin greg

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »
Demon days continue as club sponsor is outed for racist slurs

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demon-days-continue-as-club-sponsor-is-outed-for-racist-slurs-20120405-1wdo7.html

Along with a doctored image of Jurrah holding a large knife, Mr Polis reportedly makes offensive wisecracks about the player’s tattoos being confused with "ring worm" and him having "never been to a doctor in his life, he comes from out back bit past Carrum Downs (sic)."

Mr Polis is also accused of ridiculing EnergyWatch customers who signed up to his business on Christmas Day as "Muslims and Jews" and claiming Asian girls "add no value to society apart from insurance premiums ’cause they can’t drive."

:ROTFL

rabble

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 09:49:16 AM »

Wonder what they will do  ;D

Seeing Energywatch is their ONLY major sponsor at the minute. They need the reported $2mil a year

They are still trying to sell the spacer on the front of the jumper, though that has stalled because they think they are bigger than what they are and expect massive $$$ ala the Pies  :rollin They aint no big Club they need to start understanding that

;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

Wonder what they will do  ;D

Seeing Energywatch is their ONLY major sponsor at the minute. They need the reported $2mil a year

They are still trying to sell the spacer on the front of the jumper, though that has stalled because they think they are bigger than what they are and expect massive $$$ ala the Pies  :rollin They aint no big Club they need to start understanding that

;D

I was thinking exactly this on the weekend listening to grand stand while they interview some official from there club can't remember who now. They was saying how because of there big sponsor it has given them time to find a front of the jumper sponsor for the right price and all this. He didn't say the $$$ amount but he talked it up as if they are as big as pie though.