Author Topic: DEA  (Read 5825 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: DEA
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 04:20:02 PM »
I have no idea what incident they were referring to  :huh but Dea has been cleared by the MRP as well for some alleged contact on Cameron.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
I have no idea what incident they were referring to  :huh but Dea has been cleared by the MRP as well for some alleged contact on Cameron.

Only thing I think it could be was when he collected Cameron with front on head high contact when Cameron ducked his head. Got a free for it but nothing in it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »

Only thing I think it could be was when he collected Cameron with front on head high contact when Cameron ducked his head. Got a free for it but nothing in it
Cheers WP. You're on the money  :thumbsup

Contact between Richmond's Matt Dea and the GWS Giants’ Jeremy Cameron from the second quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. The ball was loose on the ground after a marking contest and Cameron is in the process of bending down to pick up the ball. Dea comes to the contest and has his arms out in front of him in a bid to either win possession or to tackle his opponent. High contact was made by the Richmond player and a free kick was paid. It was the view of the panel that Dea had no realistic alternative way to contest the ball and no further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138857/default.aspx