Author Topic: When will it be our turn for the Flag?  (Read 2289 times)

the claw

Re: When will it be our turn for the Flag?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 11:16:51 AM »
and how do we keep our middle tier players if we pay a small number of players excessive amounts and run out of salary cap space?
i think the question should be are our middle tier and lower tier players worth what they get. is giving them multiple yr contracts killing us.

lets look at martin. without a doubt he is worth 500k a season.  they arguing for more why not put kpis into his contract. if they are met he gets his 500k if he partially meets them he gets a percentage. how hard is it. finish top 3 in the b&f  theres 30k bonus.  ave 25plus possesions a game theres 20 k kick 40 goals theres 20k. if he attained these types of kpis he would be worth every penny of the 600k hes asking for.

a bloke like king would free up 300k white would free up another 150-200k  tucky would have freed up 300 - 350k  force newman into retirement theres 350-400k mcguane should be on 250k plus
nahas would be on 200k.

these blokes could be on more given the afl average which is staggeringly high.

i can see no reason why we could not throw the kitchen sink at longer and adams and still have plenty left to offer a great player lke chapman a contract if we made just one or two difficult choices.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 02:03:36 PM »
sotaking into account that those players have to be relpaced so we will not fre up the figures you have guessed, next season we go to close to 100% TPP?
how do we get room to move as the younger players start to develop and demand more coin. Nor have you left much room for any further free agents. we would be pertually loosing middle tier players and there is no way we would be able to assemble the team of champions you strive for.

FWIW i dont think any player is worth more than 1/2 a mil a year, but we have already well and truly passed that threshold and there aint no going back, as obscene as it is.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:05 PM »
Will rfc be able kick as well as hawthorn ie. Defeat a zone?

Will our mids ever run as hard as swans to get behind the ball when required?

Are we building a list to equal the great balance d Geelong dynasty?

Was is a mistake not tanking like collingwood?

Very hard to win one.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »
yes, very hard.you also need a fair share of luck
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 05:35:27 PM »
Will rfc be able kick as well as hawthorn ie. Defeat a zone?

Yes

Will our mids ever run as hard as swans to get behind the ball when required?

Looks doubtful

Are we building a list to equal the great balance d Geelong dynasty?

We are getting there IMO. Wouldn't mind Chapman if he isn't going to cost an arm/leg

Was is a mistake not tanking like collingwood?

I don't think so because tanking breeds crap culture. Carlton despite being one of our bogey sides has never really been close to make a GF either, and look at the wonders tanking did for Melbourne.

Very hard to win one.

I agree, but I don't think we are as far away as some people think. We could've beaten Carlton if Richo put on a jumper and ran to the goalsquare though :P

1980 I Was There

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
Ok I'm back after that horrible loss in the finals and ready to go on with life again.

As for the next flag, it will depend a lot on how we keep the current team together.
After 2001, we lost a lot of good players to other clubs and some retirees which was pretty much due to the frickin stupid people who thought they knew what they were doing.

Anyway, I don't think that will happen again and I truly believe the depth of the current players is far better than in 2001 anyway.

So for that reason alone the next big one WILL BE 2014 or 2015 and who knows after that.

There are a few other reasons, but cant be stuffed typin anymore  :lol

:gotigers 2014