Author Topic: Tigers eye midfielders, forward in draft (Age)  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers eye midfielders, forward in draft (Age)
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 10:44:33 PM »
Reckon we should also talk the Doggies, they KP forwards and they have high draft picks.

Possibilities are endless  ;D

Sorry but who do Doggies have? I'd take Liam Jones or Jake Stringer but I doubt they'd give them away which leaves nothing

Just corrected my typo, should read they NEED KPI forwards and they have high draft picks

So shop Vickery to them, you get their 2nd rounder or perhaps even their first round pick if you throw in a mid (eg Foley or Thomas   ;D)

Makes more sense, I was even giving you benefit of saying I'd take Liam Jones  ;D

Vickery and Griff for 1st rounder and second round upgrade

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 08:53:58 AM »
Reckon we should also talk the Doggies, they KP forwards and they have high draft picks.

Possibilities are endless  ;D

Sorry but who do Doggies have? I'd take Liam Jones or Jake Stringer but I doubt they'd give them away which leaves nothing

Just corrected my typo, should read they NEED KPI forwards and they have high draft picks

So shop Vickery to them, you get their 2nd rounder or perhaps even their first round pick if you throw in a mid (eg Foley or Thomas   ;D)

Makes more sense, I was even giving you benefit of saying I'd take Liam Jones  ;D

Vickery and Griff for 1st rounder and second round upgrade

No chance

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »
GWS need a tall running defender so how about Grimes for Jaksch and a second rounder?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
GWS need a tall running defender so how about Grimes for Jaksch and a second rounder?

Only defender that would get that deal done is Rance and he could probably fetch even better than that. Failing that I'd prefer a net gain to our backline.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 02:10:45 PM »

Only defender that would get that deal done is Rance and he could probably fetch even better than that. Failing that I'd prefer a net gain to our backline.

Not sure if Grimes fits the tall and running bit either

the claw

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 07:39:26 PM »
cmon you lot we are locked and loaded. they really believe this yr is an abberation and we are so much better than what we have shown.
they are dinkum when they say this and when they say we have no need for quality thru f/a.

there a lot more tough times coming people, thats what delusion brings.

a few other at other clubs.
gws -, jaksch, downie, o'rourke, tomlinson,buntine,plowman,lobb.
wce - sinclair,schofield,
meb - frawley
co -  n brown, martin,
fre - smith, tabener
pa - young
that will do for now. all clubs have players not getting a go.

to finish i reckon we could cut 12 and not blink or lose a thing.
to me the 12 most in the gun are
batchelor del
a edwards ret/del
helbig del
king del
newman ret
griffiths/vickery trade for 2nd rnd nd pick. say pick 25.
petterd del
knights ret. on this bloke i think he will call it quits.
thats 8 promote miles and we have 7 places to fill on the list proper.

rookies cut the following and promote miles and we have 5 rookie spots to fill.
banfield del
darrou del
stephenson del
williams del
would rookie a junior ruckman,  would like a mature kpd  would  give someone like matt sully a go. would  try a junior quick classy sml/medfwd. still leaves two spots.

to finish, a question. if all of these players were gone ? what do we lose? imo very little.
these are just players who are out of contract with the exception of vickery. there are plenty more who have contracts some of em have had extensions in recent times.
what concerns me is the club is saying we dont need to cut too hard just 5 or 6 what a joke and what an overrating of a poor list.