Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference: "I'm concerned about our team's form"  (Read 4219 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame

You have to ask yourself how many times we have come from behind to win a game. And I’m not talking about being down by a goal or so.
- Round 1 2018 - down by 5 goals against Carlton in the first quarter, came back to win. 
- JLT round 2 Vs Whoreforn this year - down by 44 points at half time, came back to win.  JLT games don't count for much, but still we turned the tide & won!

The fact that we won so many games last year & in 2017 meant that we didn't have to come back to fight out a win ... its not exactly our fault, it says more about the state of the competition than it says about us.

When betting agencies start paying out after any team leads by 4 goals during the game, it says much about the competition ...     
So your examples are a round 1 game against a team that finished bottom that have been putrid for years and a JLT game.

I think you probably backed up my point.

Anyway just my opinion.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

You have to ask yourself how many times we have come from behind to win a game. And I’m not talking about being down by a goal or so.
- Round 1 2018 - down by 5 goals against Carlton in the first quarter, came back to win. 
- JLT round 2 Vs Whoreforn this year - down by 44 points at half time, came back to win.  JLT games don't count for much, but still we turned the tide & won!

The fact that we won so many games last year & in 2017 meant that we didn't have to come back to fight out a win ... its not exactly our fault, it says more about the state of the competition than it says about us.

When betting agencies start paying out after any team leads by 4 goals during the game, it says much about the competition ...     
So your examples are a round 1 game against a team that finished bottom that have been putrid for years and a JLT game.

I think you probably backed up my point.

Anyway just my opinion.
Ok, I was only trying to keep the examples within the last season or so, unless you want to bring up something from the 1930's to add to your point?
Also, when the betting agencies pay out when any team leads by 4 goals it does tend to suggest that no side is particularly good at pulling off the come back win.  Its not just us.       
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Clearly not concerned enough to make any unforced changes to the team.
Plus its pretty hard to change anything on game day when you have 10 12 smalls in the team and barely enough tall and medium types.