Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match media conference: "I'm concerned about our team's form"  (Read 4221 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"I'm concerned about our team's form, let's be honest. We had opportunities to play and win some games. We can quite easily lump it on an individual or we can say, there's 22 blokes out there, we can't rely on Dustin to play to an incredible level week-in, week-out," Hardwick said.

Source: The Age

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
oh look...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Let's be honest... Ok

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
As much as the players are responsible and have been poor,the coaching group look lost this year no plan b or c not adapting to the new rules and relying on our 2017 game plan that we don't look like executing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:26:27 AM by georgies31 »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I love a good plan B

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
I love it when a plan comes together.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I love it when a plan comes together.
Unfortunately we are not the A team......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

strongandbold

As much as the players are responsible and have been poor,the coaching group look lost this year no plan b or c not adapting to the new rules and relying on our 2017 game plan that we don't look like executing.

Lol plan b is just supporter tripe to explain away losses.  There’s no such thing, coaches make changes all the time but you don’t want to make drastic ones mid game.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Plan B for me isn’t necessarily making big moves or changing the game plan, it’s being able to change the players attitude/mindset when they are struggling.

You have to ask yourself how many times we have come from behind to win a game. And I’m not talking about being down by a goal or so.

When we are down, the coaching panel don’t seem to be able to turn it around. We either plateau out for the rest of the game or actually get worse.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

You have to ask yourself how many times we have come from behind to win a game. And I’m not talking about being down by a goal or so.
- Round 1 2018 - down by 5 goals against Carlton in the first quarter, came back to win. 
- JLT round 2 Vs Whoreforn this year - down by 44 points at half time, came back to win.  JLT games don't count for much, but still we turned the tide & won!

The fact that we won so many games last year & in 2017 meant that we didn't have to come back to fight out a win ... its not exactly our fault, it says more about the state of the competition than it says about us.

When betting agencies start paying out after any team leads by 4 goals during the game, it says much about the competition ...     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Interesting his comments about going to umpiring dept to get clarity on things

Says he doesnt bother anymore

That to me said we've done it in the past and we get nothing so why bother

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

strongandbold

Interesting his comments about going to umpiring dept to get clarity on things

Says he doesnt bother anymore

That to me said we've done it in the past and we get nothing so why bother

I don’t blame him, the AFL will silence anyone who dare try to question their system.

The umpiring is corrupt and the coaches and players know it.  The afl try to even games up as much as possible to gets better ratings and more people watching.  This is why every time one team has momentum, the umps pay soft frees to the other team to get back into it.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
What do we have to lose from going ape on the umpires? It's beyond a joke and has been for nearly 3 years.

Do something about it. I couldn't care if gets worse, I just want to see our club come out and say in public we are being reamed & it's not on
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame

Lol plan b is just supporter tripe to explain away losses.  There’s no such thing, coaches make changes all the time but you don’t want to make drastic ones mid game.

I don't know what games you watch.Cause in any sport if things aren't working out that's what coaches a suppose to do change up things around.We look static in the coaches box just hoping it turns around like big tone said we don't see even minor tweaks.