Author Topic: 135th Annual General Meeting - Dec 9th  (Read 5795 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 135th Annual General Meeting - Dec 9th
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2019, 10:33:38 PM »
Bump.

Anyone from OER going to the AGM on Monday?

At this stage work permitting; Yes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 06:57:03 PM »
Pickett, Lynch, Bolton, Baker, Soldo and Short were all awarded their RFC life membership tonight at the A.G.M.  :clapping.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1203946301643096064

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 09:02:11 PM »
 Have to say the most non eventful AGM I've ever been too  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 12:37:00 AM »
The controversial move to award life membership to all premiership players regardless of their time spent with the club was enacted at a board meeting in March 2017.

Coming off a disappointing 2016 season that saw Richmond miss the finals, few would have expected the Tigers to soon welcome 28 new life members.

"The board decided that premierships are what we're about and that we wanted everyone who had played in a premiership to be a life member," Richmond president Peggy O'Neal told 7NEWS on Monday.

"I remember at the time saying 'well if we win lots of premierships I'm sure nobody will complain that we have a lot of life members'.

"It sounded like I was a good forecaster but that's exactly what's happened."

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/marlion-pickett-and-co-awarded-richmond-life-membership-c-596913

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 01:38:55 AM »
A premiership or two makes for happy contented members  ;D.

So no mention/questions about the B&F changes or the proposed redevelopment?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 07:14:38 AM »

Yes and yes, one on each

Redevelopment: main focus of the Board in 2020. About to hire architects to work on plans. Lobbying for more funding, estimate they need around $60 Mil. Currently only have $16 mil from fed govt guaranteed. Will need to raise some of it

B&F changes: question was how could a previously admin award; awards without records? Agreed intention was honourable but done with little investigation. Further explained that club was investigating something else when these anomalies first appears. There are a number of gaps in the Club's history timelines which is constantly being investigated and reviewed. Extensive research has been undertaken with all the families being kept abreast of what was going. There was never any malice intended in this process. Club is continuing to research and investigate gaps in our history. Emmett Dunne also said that if anyone had any informstion that could further improve, expand or even prove that an award was given where current evidence show there is no records then  please bring it to the Club they want to know.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »
And just a bit more on the redevelopment

Benny Gale and most of admin are moving into portable office on the Punt Road side of ground as the main offices are needed to house our 5 footy teams = AFL & VFL men's, AFLW and VFLW plus our wheelchair side.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2019, 02:54:08 PM »

Yes and yes, one on each

Redevelopment: main focus of the Board in 2020. About to hire architects to work on plans. Lobbying for more funding, estimate they need around $60 Mil. Currently only have $16 mil from fed govt guaranteed. Will need to raise some of it

B&F changes: question was how could a previously admin award; awards without records? Agreed intention was honourable but done with little investigation. Further explained that club was investigating something else when these anomalies first appears. There are a number of gaps in the Club's history timelines which is constantly being investigated and reviewed. Extensive research has been undertaken with all the families being kept abreast of what was going. There was never any malice intended in this process. Club is continuing to research and investigate gaps in our history. Emmett Dunne also said that if anyone had any informstion that could further improve, expand or even prove that an award was given where current evidence show there is no records then  please bring it to the Club they want to know.
Thanks WP  :cheers.

So we still need to find $44m for the redevelopment  :P. Caro mentioned a while back that the Club would be covering a third of the cost hoping the AFL would throw in $5m. So the Club would need to put in $15m if that's the case.

Did they mention anything about the Jack Dyer stand (is it staying or going)?

Regarding the B&F changes, while unlikely the Club would do it, it would be useful for them to put online a PDF file with what info they have sourced and relied upon.   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »

So we still need to find $44m for the redevelopment  :P. Caro mentioned a while back that the Club would be covering a third of the cost hoping the AFL would throw in $5m. So the Club would need to put in $15m if that's the case.

Regarding the B&F changes, while unlikely the Club would do it, it would be useful for them to put online a PDF file with what info they have sourced and relied upon.

No direct mention of the Jack Dyer stand but that wants part of the question

I think Rhett Bartlett has given clear guidance (see the seperate  thread on this) on where the research has come from. I also know from following Rhett on Twitter he has been working through getting so many newspaper archives digitised. He has already done the local Richmond newspaper and for memory the Argus from the 1910's and some of the 1920's.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2019, 07:04:12 PM »

No direct mention of the Jack Dyer stand but that wants part of the question

I think Rhett Bartlett has given clear guidance (see the seperate  thread on this) on where the research has come from. I also know from following Rhett on Twitter he has been working through getting so many newspaper archives digitised. He has already done the local Richmond newspaper and for memory the Argus from the 1910's and some of the 1920's.
Thanks WP.

Rhett also refers to the Club's minutes and annual reports which he says were misinterpreted and added without Club approval in 1988. The average supporter doesn't have access to these unlike old newspapers on Trove.

Not blaming anyone as it is what it is but it's just a shame there's missing pieces in our Club's history. That a long successful era that produced 4 flags and many all time Tiger greats only has a couple B&F winners and those few that are recognised appear more due to the luck of having a donor that arbitrarily put up a "B&F" trophy for that particular year and not other years. For instance, Ray Martin won "best player of the season" at a RFC meeting in 1934 according to a newspaper clipping (Rhett is aware of this) but it isn't recognised by the Club as it wasn't strictly called a B&F and there doesn't appear to be any Club awarded trophy to prove it. The minutes and/or annual report may not support it either but hard to know without seeing them. I accept the Club's decision and they have to draw the line based on all the evidence they have after a thorough 19 year investigation but there's still missing pieces as it's all too long ago. However unlikely, sometimes publicly releasing such evidence can lead to more info being discovered.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »
And just a bit more on the redevelopment

Benny Gale and most of admin are moving into portable office on the Punt Road side of ground as the main offices are needed to house our 5 footy teams = AFL & VFL men's, AFLW and VFLW plus our wheelchair side.
Ch 7 news tonight showed the long train of eight portables all in a line from the Jack Dyer stand around to the northern goal end.

[Go to 1:20min mark:] https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1204307457188614144

Tom Browne said the 50 admin staff will be in these portables for the next 3 years while the Jack Dyer Stand is being redeveloped.