Author Topic: Find the money  (Read 2172 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Find the money
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:40 PM »
WP, if the RFC wanted this to happen it could happen! Stop being a kill joy!
Collingwood are playing games back at Victoria Park next year, i'm sure we could play at Punt Road! We need an Eddie!

big tone,

In it's present condition Punt Road Oval cannot be used for VFL games that is what the VFL has said. It is about to be re-developed and as a result wouldn't be available for use for at least 2 years. What happens after that who knows but for now it aint going to happen

But I think you are right, Craigeburn and Coburg seem to be the way the club is going.

I never said anything about Coburg - I am just talking about a venue for VFL footy and Craigieburn is going to be available and that's where the VFL want games played ....

If Richmond was to go down the path of fieleding its own VFL team - I would play those game at Craigieburn

If we added Richmond membership numbers to Coburg membership numbers what sort of total figure do we get?

If you added Coburg M'ship numbers to Richmonds you probably get an increase of around 350-500  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 09:45:03 PM »
WP, if the RFC wanted this to happen it could happen! Stop being a kill joy!
Collingwood are playing games back at Victoria Park next year, i'm sure we could play at Punt Road! We need an Eddie!

big tone,

In it's present condition Punt Road Oval cannot be used for VFL games that is what the VFL has said. It is about to be re-developed and as a result wouldn't be available for use for at least 2 years. What happens after that who knows but for now it aint going to happen

But I think you are right, Craigeburn and Coburg seem to be the way the club is going.

I never said anything about Coburg - I am just talking about a venue for VFL footy and Craigieburn is going to be available and that's where the VFL want games played ....

If Richmond was to go down the path of fieleding its own VFL team - I would play those game at Craigieburn

If we added Richmond membership numbers to Coburg membership numbers what sort of total figure do we get?

If you added Coburg M'ship numbers to Richmonds you probably get an increase of around 350-500  ;D
From what i have heard Craigieburn will only be used minimally by the RFC???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:47 PM »
Over summer for preseason training it will be used by the RFC. We needed a decent non-cricket oval to ourselves train on. Over recent we've been summer nomads - Vic Park, Beach Rd Oval, Gosch's Paddock, etc.

The Government doesn't put millions into MCG and Dome size ovals at Craigieburn for Coburg to play all their homes games at ABD Stadium or for Richmond to set up its own VFL side based at Punt Rd. Craigieburn is also a population growth corridor. We shouldn't shy away from it. As WP says Punt Rd isn't an option either in the short term.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 07:25:17 AM »

Richmond will use Craigieburn for pre-season (summer) training and I think you will find they will do some training there during the season proper.

MT is right on the money regarding Craigieburn as a VFL venue. The state government, the local council and AFVL Victoria have and are pouring in a lot of money to build the thing they ar enot going to let is sit out there and look pretty and not utilise it. TAC Cup games will also be played out there BTW.

Once it is finished it will be the best VFL facility/amenities wise in the VFL comp - no doubt  :thumbsup

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 07:32:44 AM »
Thanks Bill,

makes sense.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »

And that is the way it should be - Fair split down the middle at most - preferred mostly Punt rd and 3 or 4 Craigeburn. Why alienate the diehard supporters from the south and east - Not right  :banghead

I wont be travelling 2 hours to watch 1/2 a team of Tigers - forget that. Local footy for me those days thanks.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 06:36:56 PM »

From what i have heard Craigieburn will only be used minimally by the RFC???.

Richmond will use Craigieburn for pre-season (summer) training and I think you will find they will do some training there during the season proper

MT is right on the money regarding Craigieburn as a VFL venue. The state government, the local council and AFVL Victoria have and are pouring in a lot of money to build the thing they ar enot going to let is sit out there and look pretty and not utilise it. TAC Cup games will also be played out there BTW.

Once it is finished it will be the best VFL facility/amenities wise in the VFL comp - no doubt  :thumbsup
That's not what i have heard- hasen't the cricket been moved from Punt Road also? I think you will find they do very little at Craigieburn during the year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:04 PM »
That's not what i have heard- hasen't the cricket been moved from Punt Road also? I think you will find they do very little at Craigieburn during the year.

My source aka Chutney - tells me that the RFC will use it during the season, not every week but certainly during the course of the season, say once a month... Chutney is a very relaible source :thumbsup