Author Topic: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"  (Read 98092 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2010 Membership
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »
So if we take 2010 and wipe off 2009 we get the number 1, not the numbers 16 or 9. I'm happy with that.  :P

But on the earlier discussion regarding percentages, Jackstar is 100% correct.  :lol  The percentage sign (%) means OUT OF 100.

But for arguments sake, Once you go over 100%, the max value gauged on would be 200% therefore by that rationale, 110% is only just above average and in real terms could be expressed as 55%.  :thumbsup

The percentage signs means per 100, not out of 100 - from the latin per centum.  If you express a figure as a percentage you are saying that it is a certain value for every 100 units and it is entirely correct for any figure to be expressed as a percentage in excess of 100.  So in fact, both Jack and yourself are 100% wrong.  The reason you are both not 110% wrong is that it is impossible for you both to be more wrong about this than you both are.   ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »
Ahhh Smokey, if you read my post correctly you would see that I did specify that 110 would have to be per 200 and therefore 110 for every 200 as you would put it. I think you are splitting hairs on the phrasing but no matter which way you look at it, it is impossible to have 110 per 100 whether you use your phrasing or mine.  :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »
Ahhh Smokey, if you read my post correctly you would see that I did specify that 110 would have to be per 200 and therefore 110 for every 200 as you would put it. I think you are splitting hairs on the phrasing but no matter which way you look at it, it is impossible to have 110 per 100 whether you use your phrasing or mine.  :thumbsup
Its definitely not impossible to have 110 per 100, did you fail maths?

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 07:28:17 PM »
Why do i get sucked in.  ::)

Anyway here is my understanding of what is trying to be said.

If i earnt $1,000 per week as the norm.
But.
For 1 week i earnt $1,100.
Then for that week i would have earnt 110 % of my usual wage.

Not sure if that makes sense, i'll try another one.

How about a marathon runner, he gives it 100% but then encounters that elusive " wall ."

If he finishes the race has he given it more than 100 % ??

I've had enough, to heavy for a Monday night. :)

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 08:11:27 PM »
2010 membership lol  l refuse to buy another membership after them last 5 years onfield performances.

Good, one less Collingwood supporter in our ranks.

stupid l dont barrack for the Skunks  ;D
maybe l should cause they seem to make the finals alot more than Richmond

Tigermonk

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »
2010 membership  :rollin only way l will own one is that someone buys it for me   :lol  l refuse to buy another membership after them last 5 years onfield performances.
l'm always happy to support  but the promises made to supporters was we will go long & direct & kick 16 goals a game & will produce a better style game  :rollin

Well Wallace turned the list over then taught the new list how to play the previous 5 years football style. You dont pay money to support that poo  :banghead

But Wallace isn't there.

Given your whining it would have made sense for you not to buy one this season if you hated Wallace's coaching so much, but for the next when there is a brand new coach?

Don't be weak, and pay up.

sorry but l gone weak in the guts l seen too much the last five years hurt me

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
2010 membership  :rollin only way l will own one is that someone buys it for me   :lol  l refuse to buy another membership after them last 5 years onfield performances.
l'm always happy to support  but the promises made to supporters was we will go long & direct & kick 16 goals a game & will produce a better style game  :rollin

Well Wallace turned the list over then taught the new list how to play the previous 5 years football style. You dont pay money to support that poo  :banghead

But Wallace isn't there.

Given your whining it would have made sense for you not to buy one this season if you hated Wallace's coaching so much, but for the next when there is a brand new coach?

Past 5 barely different to the past 25.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 11:26:23 PM »

Yes, you said it Tiga but you gave no basis for proving or substantiating it, so in response to your logic it is no more real than 100% or 1000% being the stick to be measured by.  So given that we are dealing in mathematics with a defined answer we have to deal in knowns and as 110% is a valid and real known that is what we can rely on and quote as fact.

Yes, I'm bored, I'm in Sydney working for the week and I have just had a few beers watching the Brownlow.  Dare I say it - at the moment (apart from the beers) my life sucks 110%!  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:42 PM »

But Wallace isn't there.

Good, pee off

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »
Past 5 barely different to the past 25.

Yeah l know but the promises at the start of the last tenor brought some beleive but it was crushed fairly quickly.
maybe thats why l got alittle bitter  ;D always paying out & not getting a return for the support

Tigermonk

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »

But Wallace isn't there.

Good, pee off

Cryer how Centrlink been treating you

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »
Centrelink?
Ha! I just bought a brand new C63 AMG last weekend, not sure how I could do that on the dole

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
"2010. The rubbish ends here"

Tigermonk

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 07:15:46 PM »
Centrelink?
Ha! I just bought a brand new C63 AMG last weekend, not sure how I could do that on the dole

lol post up a photo with you next to it  ;D  :rollin

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 08:02:35 PM »
Centrelink?

lol post up a photo with you next to it  ;D  :rollin

Whats the point when you don't know what I look like?
Secondly, it's built to spec, so it arrives in late November as its still on the production line