Author Topic: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"  (Read 100048 times)

Tigermonk

Re: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"
« Reply #600 on: April 14, 2010, 05:42:25 PM »
Still well down on last year but best marketing ploy the club has done in years is to join the other clubs in combining their membership numbers in the total. Means we are finally comparing with them on almost level terms. All we have to do now is to create and include memberships of around the 3 game package such as the Hawks do for their Tassie memberships and we can get a realistic figure.

Those type of minor memberships should never be allowed to be included but if other clubs do we should as well.

Stripes

Any type of membership money any club receives should be counted if a membership card is given out
Dont matter if your a 50 year member or 1 year member, they are all valued & equal IMV.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers hunting members with new 3-game membership offer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #601 on: April 15, 2010, 02:59:44 AM »
I couldn't find this on the web so I typed it in. The Club is now offering a 3-game membership.

Hunting members
By Michael Warner
Thurs 15 April 2010, Page 82

RICHMOND fans continue to part with their hard-earned cash, despite the Tigers' disastrous start to the season.

The club's membership tally was 32,400 last night -- about 4500 short of last year's record of 36,985.

But the Tigers are hoping to bridge the gap with a new three-game membership offer.

"It provides a great opportunity for previous members, who may find it difficult to attend many games, to reconnect with the club in a membership capacity, and it is a great introductory offer for those supporters who have never been members before,'' Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale said yesterday.

The $79 membership offers admission to any three of the club's nine remaining home games.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers hunting members with new 3-game membership offer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #602 on: April 15, 2010, 04:11:59 AM »
Good initiative at this point.

Ramps

« Reply #603 on: April 15, 2010, 05:41:59 AM »
well Ill probably be buying another one to add to my annual one this week whats another $79 .... good initiative by the club.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: April 15, 2010, 06:47:15 AM »

The club's membership tally was 32,400 last night -- about 4500 short of last year's record of 36,985.

Seems that quite a lot of last years membership figures were of the cheaper, novelty type so allowing for a few more 'full price' memberships between now and June we will fall about 4,000 short for the year - around $450k-ish.  Not too bad all things considered and probably somewhere around what was allowed for in the budget, certainly nowhere near as impactful as a $1m shortfall.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #605 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »

Seems that quite a lot of last years membership figures were of the cheaper, novelty type so allowing for a few more 'full price' memberships between now and June we will fall about 4,000 short for the year - around $450k-ish.  Not too bad all things considered and probably somewhere around what was allowed for in the budget, certainly nowhere near as impactful as a $1m shortfall.

Smokey, this article is talking about ticketed memberships only. Last year we had 36,985 ticketed membership without any real cheap ones or "gimmicky" ones (is that a word  ;D). The novelty ones you refer to are the non ticketed which took our total number to 45k+. But I do I agree that in total we will fall about 4,000 short. A total of 42K-43k would be a bloody good result IMO

And I think you are being kind - I reckon if we fall 4,000 short of last year were are looking at a loss of $$ of around $600k
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »

Smokey, this article is talking about ticketed memberships only. Last year we had 36,985 ticketed membership without any real cheap ones or "gimmicky" ones (is that a word  ;D). The novelty ones you refer to are the non ticketed which took our total number to 45k+. But I do I agree that in total we will fall about 4,000 short. A total of 42K-43k would be a bloody good result IMO

And I think you are being kind - I reckon if we fall 4,000 short of last year were are looking at a loss of $$ of around $600k

Yeah WP, I realise that, that's why I wrote what I did.  Of last years figure, the memberships that have much more impact are the 'full dollar' ones and of the ~7k we are short this year, only about 4k will be 'full dollar' so not as big an impact as it looks - that was my point.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »
I doubt the AFL would sanction a 3-game membership as ticketed so Michael Warner is likely barking up the wrong tree by only quoting our total ticketed members.
If not sanctioned as ticketed, it will help bridge the gap between the 46020 members we had last year compared to now but not between our 36985 ticketed members last year compared to now.

Still, whether ticketed or non-ticketed it will bring in money to the club and should help bridge the financial gap.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

TigerTimeII

« Reply #608 on: April 15, 2010, 09:12:24 AM »
i have been suggesting these for yrs now, other clubs do it so why cant we

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #609 on: April 15, 2010, 09:54:17 AM »
Probably because a lot of full 11 game members will downgrade meaning a loss to the club
However, I don't mind bringing it in at this stage of the season, especially with the results in the first 3 games.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
Probably because a lot of full 11 game members will downgrade meaning a loss to the club
However, I don't mind bringing it in at this stage of the season, especially with the results in the first 3 games.

that does sound very logical

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2010, 10:33:27 AM »
Sensible.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »
Richmond 3 Game Access Membership

Richmond has launched a special three-game membership package for the remainder of the 2010 season.

The three-game membership is priced at $79 and will ensure admission to any three of the Club’s nine home games still to be played this year (starting with the Round 4 match against Melbourne at the MCG this Sunday).

“A key element of the strategic plan, which the Club recently released, was the target of 75,000 members by the end of the 2014 season. We believe this three-game package is an excellent way to start maximising our membership numbers,” said Richmond’s CEO Brendon Gale.

“It provides a great opportunity for previous members, who may find it difficult to attend many games, to reconnect with the Club in a membership capacity, and it is a great introductory offer for those supporters who have never been members before.

“Our 2010 membership target is 42,000 and we hope this can give us the added impetus to get there, as well as giving more of our supporters a stronger connection with the Club.

As of close of business on April 13, Richmond had a total of 39,755 members for 2010.

For more information on the three-game membership package, please contact the Club’s membership department on 1300 RICHMOND (1300 742 466) or click on the link below to purchase.

3 game Access membership includes:

·  Admission into 3 home games
·  Inclusion into our Reward and Recognition program (R & R Fulfillment not included)
·  Membership lanyard with card wallet
·  Member only ‘Fighting Tiger’ Club magazine (one per household)
·  Weekly emails throughout the season
·  Priority access to purchase finals tickets subject to participation
·  Invitations to Club Functions
·  Priority rights to purchase tickets to the 2010 Jack Dyer Medal Count
·  Full voting rights (members 18 years of age and over)
·  10% member discount on full priced Club merchandise at the Tiger Den

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/3%20game%20membership/tabid/16027/default.aspx

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: 2010 Membership - "Yellow & Black - Feel it. Live it. Love it"
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2010, 02:42:38 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame