Author Topic: Fevola [merged]  (Read 44578 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Fevola & Carlton - AFL Angels
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
I wonder how close Fev was to taking a swing at Hird if James didn't play it cool.
Dunno about that, he doesn't appear to be a violent drunk, just a complete moron

I don't know about that. Not doubt he's a moron as well but Fev doesn't mind putting others in headlocks when he's off his face. Just ask a barman in Ireland.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 04:32:40 AM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »
So if the AFL approve this it just goes to show....

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=9779.165
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »
Okay, now what's worse.  Fev peeed as a newt but not actually hurting anyone or Hurley out on the pee fare-evading and punching and kicking a taxi driver in the cojones?

I think the answer is clear.  They've both made idiots out of themselves but Hurley has broke the law here, while Fev was being a complete idiot with too much to drink.

Just as an offside that came to mind just then, why is there not anything on Crown about the responsible serving of alcohol to Fev????  :shh   Surely there is a perfect avenue for lobbyists to get on the media stage and take a shot at them for allowing Fev to get that wrecked.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 11:09:11 AM »
All a bit precious isn't it?

See this behavior every week out on the town. Unfortunately generations change and this behavior is seen as an epidemic, because of the increased alcohol fuelled violence in the city over the past 12 months.

Yeah he is a goose and had to much to drink but where was Brett Ratten? Surely the coach at the table would have said "Brendon, your done. Cameras are everywhere have an hour spell mate, go get some water."

10 years ago it would have been "Funny Fev does it again" it's just the societies views on alchohol now that has brought this attention, and probably rightly so but lets not loose sleep over it, wont be the last footballer to get blind somewhere and look like a goose. At least he didn't drink and drive, at least he didn't clock someone at a nightclub, at least he didn't pee on the side of a police station... :banghead
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »
I'll drag this back to my main point - I'm not arguing the morality of what he did - I've done worse myself.  I'm arguing the double standards of the AFL.

Cousins didn't break any law except evading a booze bus.
Fevola didn't break any law except drunk and disorderly.

Cousins didn't muck up at or on any official AFL activity.
Fevola has twice mucked up at or on an official AFL activity.

Cousins gets sacked by his club (with the AFL/Big Brother sitting on the club's shoulder) after being threatened with the sack "if it happens again".
Fevola gets fined by his club (with the AFL/Big Brother denying any responsibility to take an interest) after being threatened with the sack "if it happens again".

Cousins gets suspended by the AFL for "bringing the game into disrepute" because of multiple instances of poor judgement.
Fevola hasn't even been asked to explain his actions by the AFL let alone account for any of them.

Fevola's rap sheet is just as long as Cousins'.  Go figure.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »
Be careful in future do we want to see players banned from the game for being drunk?

Other players have done fair worse

Bock belting his Mrs. - Nothing.

I put that at the top and then daylight then drug taking then daylight then being drunk in public.

It doesn't change the fact the AFL was horribly hard on Cousins and still is but at the end of the day you can't argue that it's failed?
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »
Be careful in future do we want to see players banned from the game for being drunk?

Other players have done fair worse

Bock belting his Mrs. - Nothing.

I put that at the top and then daylight then drug taking then daylight then being drunk in public.

It doesn't change the fact the AFL was horribly hard on Cousins and still is but at the end of the day you can't argue that it's failed?

And if they applied one standard then they might well have many more successes.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 02:02:41 PM »
I don't think anyone would want to see players banned for a year for getting drunk.

We'd have half our list out since 2000, maybe not a bad thing lol.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
Just as an offside that came to mind just then, why is there not anything on Crown about the responsible serving of alcohol to Fev????  :shh   Surely there is a perfect avenue for lobbyists to get on the media stage and take a shot at them for allowing Fev to get that wrecked.

Actually glad you bought this up because this is one of my great "bugbears" with society today

Firstly, it has been mentioned a few times on talkback this week and the comment has been doesn't Crown need to take some repsonsibility..... and I find myself doing this  :banghead :banghead

Seriously "allowing him to get wrecked" ...  :banghead :banghead

Ultimately, this goose named Fev is responsible for his own actions and he should take responsibilty for what he did (again).

Yeah he was at Crown, yeah there was free grog but did he once say NO I've had enough? Nope this goose just kept taking the the grog... that's was his call, no-one elses.

This goose knows he has a problem with the grog and he chooses to conitune to get smashed, act like an idiot and then the sooks "I know I shouldn't do it" and I wont do it again but then does it again

These days it seems individuals are always looking for someone to blame rather than taking repsonsibility themselves. I for one am absolutely sick of it.

Perhaps we should also blame the AFL for hosting the event and serving beer... I mean when does it end.

Fevola is a moronic drunk. It is that simple

And if they applied one standard then they might well have many more successes.

Absolutely spot on

But seriously how can they apply one standard when they (the AFL) protect known drug takers with their stupid 3 strikes in out of competition testing?

I don't think anyone would want to see players banned for a year for getting drunk.

We'd have half our list out since 2000, maybe not a bad thing lol.

Probably not Pope but I think they need to get tough rather than these meaningless fines. But I certainly think in this case and this goose being a repeat offender he should be de-registered by the AFL for a period of time. They did it Modra all those years ago
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:18:50 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »

Actually glad you bought this up because this is one of great "bugbears" with society today

Firstly, it has been mentioned a few times on talkback this week and the comment has been doesn't Crown need to take some repsonsibility..... and I find myself doing this  :banghead :banghead

Seriously "allowing him to get wrecked" ...  :banghead :banghead

Ultimately, this goose named Fev is responsible for his own actions and he should take responsibilty for what he did (again).

Yeah he was at Crown, yeah there was free grog but did he once say NO I've had enough? Nope this goose just kept taking the the grog... that's was his call, no-one elses.

This goose knows he has a problem with the grog and he chooses to conitune to get smashed, act like an idiot and then the sooks "I know I shouldn't do it" and I wont do it again but then does it again

These days it seems individuals are always looking for someone to blame rather than taking repsonsibility themselves. I for one am absolutely sick of it.

Perhaps we should also blame the AFL for hosting the event and serving beer... I mean when does it end.

Fevola is a moronic drunk. It is that simple

I agree that Fev is a grown man that should be able to drink and be wholly responsible without a third party getting shot, but that's irrelevant to the one narrow point I made.  It was not intended to be suggested as an excuse for Fev, but more a slight on Crown for not doing as they would for 99% of other patrons.

My point WillyP, is that Responsible Serving of Alcohol IS part of the law and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up on a bigger stage because it's entirely relevant to the way that Fev ended up that night drinking in the one establishment.  They know that the man is a "goose", and that's why the legislation is there.  To try to stop effwits who can't control their wants, or control the wants that have been eroded by alcohol, and think they should have more to be legally able refuse patrons further drinks.  Fev is smack bang in that category. 
Would it have made a difference if they did?  Probably not.  Someone else would have got him a beer most likely and the shenanigans would have continued, but it's still relevant.  Would you get away with acting like that at Crown??  Highly doubt it.  They would have you out the door on your behind.

Personally, I've been thankful in the past when I've had a bit too much and asked for another to keep the good times rolling and someone not in your head says, how about just a water and come back later for another?  It's a kind, and gutsy, gesture by the person behind the bar who is impartial and not acting profitably for the bar but are doing it on their own accord as they've been taught.  After that water you realise how wrote off you just might be.  ;D  Would Fev have been so understanding if someone said have a water instead of a beer?  Maybe not, but I again make the point, it's better for it to be a law that it is promoted as the right thing to do than allowing open slather serving.

You might not agree with it at all, and I don't agree that the bar-staff who serve abusive or drunken patrons who want another drink should be held accountable for any consequences of that patrons night, but I do fully agree with the law that gives these places the responsibility to refuse patrons for the betterment of their establishment's atmosphere and the patron themselves, who may not realise it until the next day or at all, but it was for the best.  Simple as that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:36:42 PM by tigersalive »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »
We were discussing this over the kitchen table this morning. We have someone in the family who has experienced alcoholism first hand living with an alcholic a long time ago. We came to the conclusion that Fev is one. Sure he can go without grog for 6 to 9 months while the footy season is on but that's not unusual for an alcoholic either or any addictive person for that matter. Just as Cuz will always be a drug addict even though he's been clean for 12 months, Fev like any alcoholic as soon as they have a drink even just one beer they simply cannot stop. Fev simply cannot drink ever again if he truly wants to control his behaviour.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »

You have it correct there WP, it seems no one wants to take responsiblity for their own actions any more.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
 he is a binge drinker as are a lot of footballers.

as for Fev he is just a dill,  add the liquor  he becomes an even bigger dill... :rollin

bushranger

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
Fev is just a plan out and out dope once he 's on the grog.
Like Barry Hall is an out and out dope once oon the football feild.
If both consentrated on being real footballers they would have heaps of fans.
But both seem to like to throw their faces into the mud and come out looking the dopes of the AFL.