Author Topic: Troy Simmonds Agrees to new one year deal  (Read 9343 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Simmonds Agrees to new one year deal
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »

draft another 17/18 ruckman.

Out of 22 players, wouldnt you think thats to many on the feild at once  :rollin lol

Although we might have half a chance of getting a least one decent one out of that many.

It'd be hard to man up that many talls though :)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »
Hmmmmm a Pied Piper technique of recruiting..I like your thinking.. Lets think outside the square and give this one wheels! Lets round up all the ruckman in the land, select 22 of the best, at the end of the year, delist 20 (one for back up) and then move onto the next playing position. If we keep this up, in 15 years or so we could have a team of champions!! Also remember that we will come last each year until we start to fill a few positions, giving us priority picks as a bonus. I call this my 15 year plan! God knows we have been waiting for 29 so whats another 15??

Jackstar is back

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
It seems a bit fanciful that Brisbane (leunberger, clarke and Charman) and Saints (McEvoy, King and Gardiner) would want another ruckman - particularly one who is over 30 yo and performed at an embarrassingly low level for an elite athlete.
If he was injured, I really would like to challenge why he ended up playing at all in the back half of the season when it was obvious we were going to finish bottom 3.

Given that being in the bottom 3 will be our next 3-4 years, what exactly will Troy Simmonds bring to the table next year to help?

Answer is that the saints are looking at delisted King or Gardiner or both ;)  Gardiner has injury issues and is nearly spent
Brisbane a looking to move on Charman

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
It seems a bit fanciful that Brisbane (leunberger, clarke and Charman) and Saints (McEvoy, King and Gardiner) would want another ruckman - particularly one who is over 30 yo and performed at an embarrassingly low level for an elite athlete.
If he was injured, I really would like to challenge why he ended up playing at all in the back half of the season when it was obvious we were going to finish bottom 3.

Given that being in the bottom 3 will be our next 3-4 years, what exactly will Troy Simmonds bring to the table next year to help?

Answer is that the saints are looking at delisted King or Gardiner or both ;)  Gardiner has injury issues and is nearly spent
Brisbane a looking to move on Charman

Ahh good ole St Kilda or better know as "St Elsewhere Retirement Village for ageing ruckman".  :lol I hear there's a bonus for ruckman who sign up for next season which is a 3 months supply of "depends" to get them through the grueling preseason.

Ramps

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
Jonathon Griffen should be of interest to us IMHO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 04:18:20 AM »
From BF:

Just listening to SEN with Tony Sheehan and Mark Stone 99% sure I heard that Simmonds has re-signed for 1 year but surprisingly they added that he had been offered 2 year contracts by both Saints and Brisbane WTF???

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15985321&postcount=1

Jackstar is back

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:21 AM »
Troy agreed to a new one year deal today after declining offers from both St.Kilda and Brisbane which were both offering 2 year contracts.
Saints it seems will be delisting Steven King .
Just shows a few geniuses on here have little idea if the Saints and Brisbane were keen to offer him a 2 year deal.

SEN are behind the times

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 06:57:34 AM »
Adelaide want a 2nd rounder for Griffen. Does anyone reckon we should offer up Edwards or maybe pick 35 to try and get a ruckman like Griffen.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 12:01:32 PM »
Adelaide want a 2nd rounder for Griffen. Does anyone reckon we should offer up Edwards or maybe pick 35 to try and get a ruckman like Griffen.

Ah haaa!!! Maybe that is were our pick 19 may be going! 19 for Griffen.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »

we cant be serious.

stuff that no way should we ever make that deal.

Griffen has showed nothing to suggest we should part with a second rounder
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »

we cant be serious.

eff that no way should we ever make that deal.

Griffen has showed nothing to suggest we should part with a second rounder
I agree Dan, Griffen comes across to me as soft and undersized development wise but decisions like this have been made in the past. Lets hope it doesn't happen this time.  :pray

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 04:38:12 PM »
Griffen ----> Edwards

i would take that. no draft picks with it!

:)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 06:24:23 PM »
Griffen ----> Edwards

i would take that. no draft picks with it!

:)

NO! LOL  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy Symmonds's big surprise (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 04:14:12 AM »
Troy Symmonds's big surprise
Jon Ralph | Herald Sun Fri Oct 09

RICHMOND has offered sidelined ruckman Troy Simmonds another contract, with the Tigers stripping two more first-round selections from their list.

Simmonds, 31, was dropped to the VFL this year on the last season of a five-year deal and was considered likely to have played his last game.

Instead coach Damian Hardwick and the list management committee have offered him a one-year deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/troy-symmondss-big-surprise/story-e6frf9jf-1225784565850

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 06:08:33 AM »
Joke decision
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”