Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54659 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »
Quite a few PSD & rookie selections with a fair bit of talent also, they were all taken after Pick 72 also

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2009, 10:15:36 PM »
No idea about this Farmer kid but Schulz had to go.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »
“It [joining Port Adelaide] was probably the best decision for both Richmond and myself,” Schulz said.

“This year was a rough one for everyone [at Richmond]. I wasn’t performing [and the club didn’t pick me], which was fair enough, but I still think I’ve got a lot to give.

“I don’t think I’ve achieved what my potential could allow me to achieve. Consistency has always been a thing for me. Hopefully, coming here, meeting the guys and having a set role will help me do that.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86092/default.aspx

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
having a set role will help me do that.”

IMO that was part of his problem. 
Ok i can hear you all typing response to me already and i did say PART of his problem, and he admited himself that he wasnt perfoming therefore didnt get a call up.
But even in his first few years he was thrown around the ground a lot to try and fill holes.
That would have certainly contributed to his lack of progress.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »
having a set role will help me do that.”

IMO that was part of his problem. 
Ok i can hear you all typing response to me already and i did say PART of his problem, and he admited himself that he wasnt perfoming therefore didnt get a call up.
But even in his first few years he was thrown around the ground a lot to try and fill holes.
That would have certainly contributed to his lack of progress.

I agree Jocosh, infact it has been the problem for many of our players including Lids, Bling, Edwards, Polo, etc. It is very hard to gain confidence in yourself and your ability if you are continuously learning a new role/position/task. The whole team needs time to settle into a fixed position particularly our structural players.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »
David Neitz, Wayne Carey, Alastair Lynch are just three names who played some early football in the backline and in the forward line and it did not help their consitency.
71 games out of 154 with very few injury worries in 7 years is less than half games played in a side that has screamed for a KPP that has failed to make finals in any of his years at the club. Man has struggled. Enough of the excuses.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »
“It [joining Port Adelaide] was probably the best decision for both Richmond and myself,” Schulz said.

“This year was a rough one for everyone [at Richmond]. I wasn’t performing [and the club didn’t pick me], which was fair enough, but I still think I’ve got a lot to give.

“I don’t think I’ve achieved what my potential could allow me to achieve. Consistency has always been a thing for me. Hopefully, coming here, meeting the guys and having a set role will help me do that.”

Loved the part where he says he really looks forward to learning off Tredrea..“I want to learn as much as I can from him [Tredrea]. He’s obviously been an excellent forward over the years,”

Well Schulz me old boy you spent how many years at Richmond with Richo and you learn't stuff all, good luck with Tredrea because Richo was and is 10x the forward he is and about 100000000000x the forward you will ever be. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »

Loved the part where he says he really looks forward to learning off Tredrea..“I want to learn as much as I can from him [Tredrea]. He’s obviously been an excellent forward over the years,”

Well Schulz me old boy you spent how many years at Richmond with Richo and you learn't stuff all, good luck with Tredrea because Richo was and is 10x the forward he is and about 100000000000x the forward you will ever be. :thumbsup

That is one of Richo's bad points. It is "HIS" forward line (Like the old T shirt) he doesnt play well with others. There has been more than one occasion from memory when Sarge was young and was leading for a mark that Richo has either taken him out or come across the front of him to take the mark.
While i agree he will never be as good as Richo i think he will learn from Tredrea.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2009, 03:40:43 PM »

That is one of Richo's bad points. It is "HIS" forward line (Like the old T shirt) he doesnt play well with others. There has been more than one occasion from memory when Sarge was young and was leading for a mark that Richo has either taken him out or come across the front of him to take the mark.
While i agree he will never be as good as Richo i think he will learn from Tredrea.

Meh.

Richo missed 3/4 of the season and Schultz could still not hold down a key forward position.

Should have peeed off back to South Australia 2 years ago

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »
2005 till Brown broke his leg in round 10 Richo and Brown were tearing it apart.
Schulz thanks and see ya later. Should have been goodbye two years ago with pick 28 for us. Thanks Terry.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2009, 06:22:15 PM »

Meh.

Richo missed 3/4 of the season and Schultz could still not hold down a key forward position.

Should have peeed off back to South Australia 2 years ago

My post wasnt about Schulz being able to learn from Rhico. It was about Richo being able to teach people, as stated it is his forward line and he doesnt like sharing it with anyone.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2009, 06:36:30 PM »
i seem to recall him going alright with otto and earlier on benny gale...Id urge you to direct the spotlight elsewhere my friend
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2010, 08:41:45 PM »
Schulz will be in Port's forward line next Saturday against the Crows

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89284/default.aspx

the claw

« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2010, 10:26:20 PM »
2005 till Brown broke his leg in round 10 Richo and Brown were tearing it apart.
Schulz thanks and see ya later. Should have been goodbye two years ago with pick 28 for us. Thanks Terry.
no that was thanks greg. the deal was as good as done but manic miller got greedy.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »
no that was thanks greg. the deal was as good as done but manic miller got greedy.
Yep the decisions in that whole 2007 draft were based on us misjudging who would be around at pick 18 and 19 and thinking the draft was thin after the first round. If we knew beforehand that Rance and Scott Selwood amongst others would be around at pick 18 and 19 I'm sure we would've done things completely different. No trading pick 19 for Jordie  :scream and no demanding a swap of Port's first pick (16 from memory) with our second pick to send Schulz to the Power  :P. Oh well nothing we can do about it now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd