Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54217 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #315 on: November 28, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
Maybe it was poor development but l recall Schultz getting plenty of chances back in 2009 .
That was after Richo went down....Schultz just looked like a massive spud no different to Cleve Hughes.

He played one game after Cho's hamstring injury. 10 touches, some good marks & assists + a goal. Not to mention being moved more times than any other bloke on the field. He then got dropped and never played for Richmond again and has since gone onto become one of the best forwards in the game.

Schulzy was probably the worst developed player I can remember. Sat on the bench 90% of the time under Frawley and never got a proper run as a forward under Wallet because Terry was too scared to play Richo away from the forward line because it would have hurt his job security ;D

Maybe it was poor development but l recall Schultz getting plenty of chances back in 2009 .
That was after Richo went down....Schultz just looked like a massive spud no different to Cleve Hughes.

Agree, the honourable Coach Davey has memory issues but given his advanced age that is OK

Care to take back that post now or does 1 game where he played 40 minutes as a forward = plenty of chances? Cue sarcastic response.

the claw

« Reply #316 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
if i remember correctly francis jackson really rated both hislop and thompson no surprise when they became available we ended up with them. getting thompson meant we got little in return for schulzy.

schulzy is probably the one that got away from us. in saying this if we went thru a similar 7 yrs as we did with him i would want to see him traded.
he was stagnating big time wanted out his heart was no longer in the place and we were getting little out of him.
 i dont believe this is one we got wrong it should have been a parting that was beneficial to both parties but wasnt.

lots of twists and turns in this. port offered us pick 28 in either 07 or 08 for him we got greedy and demanded pick upgrades as well.  then along comes 09 schulzy coming off another poor season and port sniff again. because jackson is into thompson we agree to the trade of thompson and pick 71 o that we waste on nason that is if you can truly waste pick 71.

i think also when we cut schulz richo was going around for another season but then retired i wonder if would not have hung onto jay for another season if richo had retired at the end of 09 season.

Thomson was already here. You're forgetting the real gun we got for Sarge.....Mitch Farmer. Not sure who was keen on him but whoever it was should get sacked ;D But you are right. I don't think Jay's heart was in it anymore. He was very handy as a defender in 2008 but 2009 was rough. Think he was sick of getting moved in every game. Funny how Port played him forward and kept him there even when he didn't have a good game...he kept working hard and in the 2nd half of his first year there, he was one of the best forwards in the comp and has been ever since.

Cuz we have morons at our club? And it should ring a bell for those morons when no one comes knocking for blokes like Jackson & McGuane.

I will keep bumping this thread for as long as I want. I am a stuffing guru and will dine off this until I can no longer be arsed doing so. Schulz is a gun
:shh :bow

:shh
sorry your right it was farmer the hacks just blurr together after awhile and get jumbled up.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #317 on: November 29, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2012, 12:10:43 AM »
lazy footballer, only mistake we made was
what year we traded him, one year too late. :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »

He played one game after Cho's hamstring injury. 10 touches, some good marks & assists + a goal. Not to mention being moved more times than any other bloke on the field. He then got dropped and never played for Richmond again and has since gone onto become one of the best forwards in the game.

Schulzy was probably the worst developed player I can remember. Sat on the bench 90% of the time under Frawley and never got a proper run as a forward under Wallet because Terry was too scared to play Richo away from the forward line because it would have hurt his job security ;D

Agree, the honourable Coach Davey has memory issues but given his advanced age that is OK

Care to take back that post now or does 1 game where he played 40 minutes as a forward = plenty of chances? Cue sarcastic response.

I used to watch big Jay and he basically didn't try to get to nearly enough contests.
Adults take some responsibility for their own development - even footballers
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »

What a load of rubbish.You would
be talking him up if
he were still in our team

I used to watch big Jay and he basically didn't try to get to nearly enough contests.

Disagree. Worked his arse off but had no fitness until 2008. 2009 was a whole other story ;D And Jay did take responsibility. Basically said it was all on him and he blamed himself. Had to see a shrink because of what he was going through at Richmond. There is a lot people don't know about Jay. I'm sad that he isn't a gun forward for us but at the same time I'm happy he got to a great club that treats him well.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
I liked Jay too.
It was sad to see him either not be interested or perhaps he was spent mentally by 2009.
He had to go, good luck to him and Port
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »
but at the same time I'm happy he got to a great club that treats him well.

Did he get traded from Port?

You SURELY couldnt be calling that broke rabble shambles of a club "a great club".

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »

What a load of rubbish.You would
be talking him up if
he were still in our team

Disagree. Worked his arse off but had no fitness until 2008. 2009 was a whole other story ;D And Jay did take responsibility. Basically said it was all on him and he blamed himself. Had to see a shrink because of what he was going through at Richmond. There is a lot people don't know about Jay. I'm sad that he isn't a gun forward for us but at the same time I'm happy he got to a great club that treats him well.

and who says. you. :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2012, 07:40:07 PM »
but at the same time I'm happy he got to a great club that treats him well.

Did he get traded from Port?

You SURELY couldnt be calling that broke rabble shambles of a club "a great club".

No, he is still there as far as I know. They are a fantastic organisation that have lost their way a bit.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
No, he is still there as far as I know. They are a fantastic organisation that have lost their way a bit.

They make Melbourne, Nought and the Aints look like financial powerhouses

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #326 on: August 05, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
#BringTheGermanHome
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #327 on: August 05, 2015, 06:31:23 PM »
#ReclaimSarge
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.