Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54517 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »
I love Chuck but sadly he is stuffed in the head. I forgive him though.

:)

Thanks Coach

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #301 on: June 27, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »
 :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #302 on: November 28, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »
Yeah, really feeding ourselves the same medicine by getting rid of a list clogger that was threatening to make it 7 years of clogging.  :banghead :banghead

Yeah we've done no other research popelord, I'm sure Brendon Lade knows nothing about him for a start.  ::) ::)

I for one, applaud this trade.  Schulz is no good, and Farmer is an unknown quantity but has far more chance of coming right than Schulz.  It's a win for us.

I miss this guy

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #303 on: November 28, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
I for one don't and am ashamed that the club had such a policy when they drafted Schulz.

I'm talking about the Aryan drafting policy of the early to late 2000s.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: November 28, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
Lol saw this thread up the top and thought bookies would give pretty poor odds on it being Coach who bumped it. $1.01 I got. Loaded up the life savings and the house on it.  ;D

tony_montana

« Reply #305 on: November 28, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
Gotta let the sarge thing go, i was a big fan, thought he had talent to burn but lets face it, he came across as pretty lazy. I wasnt hugely dissapointed we ended up letting him go, had run his race at our club... bit like jacko, connors, mcguane and white. Come to think of it, WHY DID WE LET HIM GO  and keep these duds on?  :banghead

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #306 on: November 28, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
Cuz we have morons at our club? And it should ring a bell for those morons when no one comes knocking for blokes like Jackson & McGuane.

I will keep bumping this thread for as long as I want. I am a stuffing guru and will dine off this until I can no longer be arsed doing so. Schulz is a gun

the claw

« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »
if i remember correctly francis jackson really rated both hislop and thompson no surprise when they became available we ended up with them. getting thompson meant we got little in return for schulzy.

schulzy is probably the one that got away from us. in saying this if we went thru a similar 7 yrs as we did with him i would want to see him traded.
he was stagnating big time wanted out his heart was no longer in the place and we were getting little out of him.
 i dont believe this is one we got wrong it should have been a parting that was beneficial to both parties but wasnt.

lots of twists and turns in this. port offered us pick 28 in either 07 or 08 for him we got greedy and demanded pick upgrades as well.  then along comes 09 schulzy coming off another poor season and port sniff again. because jackson is into thompson we agree to the trade of thompson and pick 71 o that we waste on nason that is if you can truly waste pick 71.

i think also when we cut schulz richo was going around for another season but then retired i wonder if would not have hung onto jay for another season if richo had retired at the end of 09 season.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »
Cuz we have morons at our club? And it should ring a bell for those morons when no one comes knocking for blokes like Jackson & McGuane.

I will keep bumping this thread for as long as I want. I am a stuffing guru and will dine off this until I can no longer be arsed doing so. Schulz is a gun
:shh :bow

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2012, 01:14:56 PM »
if i remember correctly francis jackson really rated both hislop and thompson no surprise when they became available we ended up with them. getting thompson meant we got little in return for schulzy.

schulzy is probably the one that got away from us. in saying this if we went thru a similar 7 yrs as we did with him i would want to see him traded.
he was stagnating big time wanted out his heart was no longer in the place and we were getting little out of him.
 i dont believe this is one we got wrong it should have been a parting that was beneficial to both parties but wasnt.

lots of twists and turns in this. port offered us pick 28 in either 07 or 08 for him we got greedy and demanded pick upgrades as well.  then along comes 09 schulzy coming off another poor season and port sniff again. because jackson is into thompson we agree to the trade of thompson and pick 71 o that we waste on nason that is if you can truly waste pick 71.

i think also when we cut schulz richo was going around for another season but then retired i wonder if would not have hung onto jay for another season if richo had retired at the end of 09 season.

Thomson was already here. You're forgetting the real gun we got for Sarge.....Mitch Farmer. Not sure who was keen on him but whoever it was should get sacked ;D But you are right. I don't think Jay's heart was in it anymore. He was very handy as a defender in 2008 but 2009 was rough. Think he was sick of getting moved in every game. Funny how Port played him forward and kept him there even when he didn't have a good game...he kept working hard and in the 2nd half of his first year there, he was one of the best forwards in the comp and has been ever since.

:shh :bow

:shh

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #310 on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:32 PM »
I Think you might be disappointed coach that this thread will soon become redundant as the word on the street is he has quit AFL and has decided to take up Womens Beach Volleyball.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #311 on: November 28, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »
God CD, this old chestnut is becoming worse than my NO EXCUSES thread.... :o

Which I might add will be dragged up again come round one... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: November 28, 2012, 03:32:53 PM »
Just poor development.

Richo on the verge of retirement and you get rid of his replacement the very same year, for peanuts no less.

Nice work Cameron. :wallywink

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #313 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »
Maybe it was poor development but l recall Schultz getting plenty of chances back in 2009 .
That was after Richo went down....Schultz just looked like a massive spud no different to Cleve Hughes.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #314 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
Maybe it was poor development but l recall Schultz getting plenty of chances back in 2009 .
That was after Richo went down....Schultz just looked like a massive spud no different to Cleve Hughes.

Agree, the honourable Coach Davey has memory issues but given his advanced age that is OK