Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54517 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #285 on: June 21, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
was the right thing to do at the time. he was totally inconsistent with us and he was going nowhere. we had given him 7 yrs for a lot of grief and not a big return. he needed out we needed to trade him.
always had some talent but we had to make a call.

i have to laugh though schulzy wanted out the yr before. port offered up pick 28 for him and we basically stuffed it up by asking for more. mckernan, beams, hanneberry, roughhead jones gillies, smith clarke and a few others all went from pick 28 thru about 38.  ah cameron  and miller.

that deal fell through because of Greg Miller, FACT
and it wasn't the year before it was two years before

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Miller wanted a swap of first round picks as well as Port's pick 28. Port said no and the deal fell through.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

gerkin greg

« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
Miller wanted a swap of first round picks as well as Port's pick 28. Port said no and the deal fell through.

Yep. That was at the 11th hour though, after the deal for just pick 28 had pretty much been signed off, Miller went back for one more screw of the pooch.

Poochy didn't roll over.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: June 21, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »
It was a typical Jay Schulz marking attempt, trying to kill himself and his teammate.

Maybe Richo wasn't getting in his way...

Are you for real? It looked bloody brave to me.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »
i have to laugh though schulzy wanted out the yr before. port offered up pick 28 for him and we basically stuffed it up by asking for more.

Yep big mistake. 2nd big mistake was selling him off for a song.
Mitch Farmer? Port are laughing.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2012, 06:01:03 PM »

Yep. That was at the 11th hour though, after the deal for just pick 28 had pretty much been signed off, Miller went back for one more screw of the pooch.

Poochy didn't roll over.

:lol  Yeah, but let's not allow that to stand in the way of some getting another chance to sink the boots into Cameron.   :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2012, 07:34:15 PM »
Lazy jay was never going to perform at RFC... FACT

gerkin greg

« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »

Poochy didn't roll over.

:lol  Yeah, but let's not allow that to stand in the way of some getting another chance to sink the boots into Cameron.   :lol

Plenty of opportunities to sink the boot into Helmut without making up poo  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »
Lazy jay was never going to perform at RFC... FACT

Fact? Lolz.

How do you know that under Hardwick?

Better option than fatty Farmer and skinny Nason surely. That's a fact.

the claw

« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2012, 09:19:12 PM »
was the right thing to do at the time. he was totally inconsistent with us and he was going nowhere. we had given him 7 yrs for a lot of grief and not a big return. he needed out we needed to trade him.
always had some talent but we had to make a call.

i have to laugh though schulzy wanted out the yr before. port offered up pick 28 for him and we basically stuffed it up by asking for more. mckernan, beams, hanneberry, roughhead jones gillies, smith clarke and a few others all went from pick 28 thru about 38.  ah cameron  and miller.

that deal fell through because of Greg Miller, FACT
and it wasn't the year before it was two years before
fair enough was pretty sure it was the yr before otherwise would not have said so. 

let me also say i dont but into the argument of gm making important calls on his lonesome. cameron was bought in to look after these kind of things at the end of 07   just as jackson was bought in to have input into recruiting during 05. the buck may stop with miller but the blame should be shared.
anyway this old chestnut has been done to death dont think there is a need to rehash it. only thing thing that needs remembering is we as a club stuffed up an opportunity to get something decent  for schulz two yrs before we gave him away for a song.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
It was a typical Jay Schulz marking attempt, trying to kill himself and his teammate.

Maybe Richo wasn't getting in his way...

Are you for real? It looked bloody brave to me.

I didn't say he wasn't brave, but he had a knack of coming off second best in a marking contest.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »

Poochy didn't roll over.

Plenty of opportunities to sink the boot into Helmut without making up poo  ;D

Mail is Hardwick was dead set on keeping Schulz at Tigerland but Cameron had already made a decision. Said he didn't have enough talent and moved him on. Another Helmut special.

Just saw an Uncle Toby ad

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »
Mail is Hardwick was dead set on keeping Schulz at Tigerland but Cameron had already made a decision. Said he didn't have enough talent and moved him on. Another Helmut special.

No doubt Cameron moved him on for Farmer. Was adamant that Schulz wouldn't make it.. :P

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: June 27, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »
After seven years less one game of crap performances I wonder why he thought that

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #299 on: June 27, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
I love Chuck but sadly he is stuffed in the head. I forgive him though.

:)