Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54673 times)

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
The guy is a dud!!!!!!! End of story.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2010, 01:31:03 PM »
Schulz is another one who has gone to a psychologist.......

------------------------------------------------

PORT ADELAIDE forward Jay Schulz believes weekly visits to a psychologist will help him overcome the mental barriers that prevented him from having an impact at Richmond.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100120/default.aspx

"That's what I really wanted to pride myself on when I first got here," Schulz said of his defensive efforts and one-percenters.

"I worked hard to make sure my fitness was up on what it was last year, so that I'd be able to do those hard things, like the chases, the tackles and the second efforts. I just wanted to play as a bigger-bodied player, who could bring the ball to ground and make a contest for the other boys.

The decision for Schulz to leave Richmond was a mutual one and the trade could prove to be win-win for both clubs, with young defender Mitch Farmer - a direct swap for Schulz - also finding his feet in the AFL.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/100105/default.aspx

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »

What on earth did Terry Wallace do to our guys!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »

It wasn't Wallace, it was a whole of club effort after his traffic offense "cost" the club a TAC sponsorship.
From the Football Director, who said that he kept Jay on the list because his parents had "begged" Miller to keep him on the list, down to the ordinary members who continually reminded Jay how much he had and was costing the club.
That sort of abuse would require a psychologist for any athlete. Just a pity the poor kid only got that help at Port.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:08 PM »

It wasn't Wallace, it was a whole of club effort after his traffic offense "cost" the club a TAC sponsorship.
From the Football Director, who said that he kept Jay on the list because his parents had "begged" Miller to keep him on the list, down to the ordinary members who continually reminded Jay how much he had and was costing the club.
That sort of abuse would require a psychologist for any athlete. Just a pity the poor kid only got that help at Port.

Given our lack of tall forwards to support Jack, I'd prefer to still have Schulz than Farmer but understand why he was moved/moved on.
Nason has made that trade a little more palatable.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2010, 07:45:19 AM »

Given our lack of tall forwards to support Jack, I'd prefer to still have Schulz than Farmer but understand why he was moved/moved on.
Nason has made that trade a little more palatable.

Jay never worked hard enough when playing. Drop his output by 50% if he had stayed at Tigerland, he needed the trade as a kick up the bunghole.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2010, 09:23:34 AM »
..... down to the ordinary members who continually reminded Jay how much he had and was costing the club.

If any members were doing that to Jay then they were definitely ordinary members. Very ordinary.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
Sarge has been promoted to Port's leadership group  :gobdrop
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »
He's done alright for himself

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2010, 02:44:53 PM »
good on jay

always concsidered him a blue chip prospect, well on the way to making it as an afl footballer.

He and Rodan and a heap of others are testament to the fact that Wallace unfortunately really had no idea

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2010, 10:52:40 PM »

He was a wacko for us and still is for them, we should have drafted Jeremy Howe last year with the spot Sarge freed up, Howe is a gun :bow

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2010, 12:04:19 AM »

He was a wacko for us and still is for them, we should have drafted Jeremy Howe last year with the spot Sarge freed up, Howe is a gun :bow

Jem happens to be from my local club (Dodges). He makes Sarge's run at Richmond look consistent....schulzy is a lot better than Jem has ever been

Howey is a super talent though and good luck to him. He had the chance to train with Coburg last year but didnt want to...his season at Hobart was fairly good but he went missing at times. He's got a poo load of work to do if he wants to be a regular at AFL level. I am surprised he went at pick 33 :-\

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2010, 05:39:30 AM »

Sure has. Meanwhile we're missing support for Riewoldt.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »

Don't worry, we're drafting Miller  :lol

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2010, 02:42:41 PM »

Yeah, Riewoldt has taken a big step backwards this season without his mate Schulz there to back him up!
I'm not sure where Riewoldt can go from here? He will really need to get over it and step up this season or he is gone.........