Author Topic: Latest on Travis Cloke  (Read 3964 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Latest on Travis Cloke
« on: May 18, 2004, 11:47:17 PM »
As older brothers Jason and Cameron are coming out contract together at the end of the season, Collingwood look like they are going to offer a three-way sign-up package to entice Travis to the Pies. We've been going very hard after Travis ourselves and we're expected to put our offer to him in the next couple of weeks. David Cloke is apparently his sons' manager.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 11:52:25 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Latest on Travis Cloke
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 01:40:34 AM »
i say if Travis doesnt want to come to Richmond then so be it, let the pies have him! I lost respect for David when he jumped ship and went to the pies and stuffed up my dufflecoat when I was only 7 years old.

He should personally apologise

LOL
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 07:48:15 AM »
LOL - the nerve of some people :o

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 08:49:41 AM »
i say if Travis doesnt want to come to Richmond then so be it, let the pies have him! I lost respect for David when he jumped ship and went to the pies and stuffed up my dufflecoat when I was only 7 years old.

He should personally apologise

LOL

It is always pleasing to see that there is no bitterness or grudges in footy especially after 20+ years ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 03:08:22 PM »
Cloke: My boy's a class act
21 May 2004   Herald Sun
Jon Anderson

SCHOOL comes first, footy comes second.

That's David Cloke's message to his former clubs Richmond and Collingwood, who are chasing his talented son Travis.

The younger brother of Magpies Jason and Cameron, Travis, 17, is eligible for both clubs under the father-son rule in November's national draft.

But his father says a decision is still a long way off.

"We won't be rushing into a decision as our first priority is for Travis to complete Year 12 in 2005," Cloke said last night.

"It's the media who want us to rush into making a decision. We will be doing what is best for Travis and that could mean he sits out until next year's draft."

On Tuesday, the 197cm left-footer was named in the Victorian Metro under-18 squad of 35 for this year's national championships in Melbourne in July.

Travis usually plays in a key position, but such is his versatility that Cloke Sr said it wouldn't surprise him if his son played on the ball at the championships.

"Travis can play in a number of positions and is a different type of footballer than Jason and Cameron," he said.

The Richmond premiership player has formed David Cloke Management and will manage his sons. "I think some managers have so many on their books that they tend to forget the personal side of things," Cloke said.

"For instance, the schooling is so important and, I suppose, from that perspective, you could say that Collingwood may be favourites with Travis because we have seen their understanding with Jason and Cameron. But I will speak with Richmond and see what their considerations are in this area before any decision is reached."

Richmond head of football Greg Miller said last night the Tigers had held preliminary discussions with Cloke about Travis's future.

"Of course, we would love him to play with us, but as I understand it that decision is a fair way off yet," Miller said.

"He is an exciting young talent."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9619001%255E19771,00.html
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 04:41:11 PM »
There it is Tiges.
If u want Travis then offer him a scholarship. ;)

Sounds like we WILL be in the running.

Fathers/Mothers managing their siblings is usually a nightmare
for any third party to contend or negotiate with.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 04:46:24 PM »
who cares if we dont get the clokes, the ship jumping nature is well within the cloke blood lines and you would probably find in a few years time David will be holding the pies to ransom and Mick M will tell him to pee off

LOL

and yes I have a 20year old grudge with david, he is a traitor

Hahahaha!
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2004, 07:48:02 PM »
To be fair PRR he left because spastics from interstate were getting paid far more than him when he was captain FFS.
He asked Graeme Richmond for a pay rise and was told to f#ck off,so his hand was forced.
He also returned from C'wood to play for only match payments as a favour to KB.

I always will have a soft spot for Clokey.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went