Author Topic: Best 22?  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Best 22?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »
does anyone know when the club is next training?

preferable at Punt road?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »
  • Martin, Dustin - 0 - 18yr 5mth - 186cm 88kg
    Cotchin, Trent  - 25 - 19yr 7mth - 185cm 80kg
    Deledio, Brett - 106 22yr 7mth - 188cm 81kg
    Tambling, Richard - 95 23yr 3mth - 180cm 80kg
    Foley, Nathan - 84 24yr 2mth - 177cm 71kg
    Cousins, Ben - 253 - 31yr 4mth - 179cm 87kg
    Tuck, Shane - 110 - 27yr 11mth - 189cm 90kg
    Collins, Andrew - 10 - 21yr - 184cm 72kg

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »

FB:   Newman       Moore          Thursfield

HB:   Rance          McGuane       Polo

C:    Collins           Deledio         Cotchin

HF:   Morton         Post             Tambling

FF:   Taylor          Riewoldt        Nahas  

Foll:  Graham         Foley            Jackson

Int: Simmonds, Cousins, Martin, Vickery

updated!

:)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »
McGaune - Thursfeild - Moore
Tambling - Rance - Newman
Deledio - Martin - Cotchin
Riewoldt - Post - Cousins
Morton - Griffths - Nahas
Simmonds - Tuck/Jackson - Foley

Vickery - Collins - Taylor - Connors

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »
Hard to see Griffiths having much impact next year Bents given he's just had surgery on his shoulder and will need time to get it right. A big call too to have Martin in the centre.

Geez we'll have a young side....

B:     Connors         Moore         Thursfield

HB:   Newman      McGuane      Tambling

C:     Cousins        Cotchin        Collins

HF:    Martin           Post            Nahas

F:      Vickery        Riewoldt        Morton   

R:  Simmonds, Foley, Deledio   

Int: Graham, Jackson, Tuck, Edwards

Em: Rance, Polo, Webberley
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »
Hard to see Griffiths having much impact next year Bents given he's just had surgery on his shoulder and will need time to get it right. A big call too to have Martin in the centre.

Geez we'll have a young side....

B:     Connors         Moore         Thursfield

HB:   Newman      McGuane      Tambling

C:     Cousins        Cotchin        Collins

HF:    Martin           Post            Nahas

F:      Vickery        Riewoldt        Morton   

R:  Simmonds, Foley, Deledio   

Int: Graham, Jackson, Tuck, Edwards

Em: Rance, Polo, Webberley

* Martin is 6 foot 2 and solid. If he is going to be next Joel Selwood might as well start in the guts.

* Big Ben might be in side for 2nd half of the season. Griff, Reiwoldt, Post, Vickery - few options now, which is good.

* not sure how you could leave out Rance from our best XXII

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:44 PM »
Vickery - Collins - Taylor - Connors

Taylor?
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »
* Martin is 6 foot 2 and solid. If he is going to be next Joel Selwood might as well start in the guts.

* Big Ben might be in side for 2nd half of the season. Griff, Reiwoldt, Post, Vickery - few options now, which is good.

* not sure how you could leave out Rance from our best XXII
Selwood, as tough as nails as he is, had Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling, Enright, Chapman and co. around him in his first year. Throwing Martin in his debut year full time into our midfield which offers little protection to each other in terms of blocking and shepherding is what concerned me and why I have him initially on a HFF with spurts in the midfield.

If Griffs shoulder doesn't take that long to recover then yeah we may see him for a few games in the second half of 2010.

I left Rance out as I'm not sure about McGuane and Rance in the same backline. Footskill wise in terms of distribution and rebound coming out of defence I'm not sure long-term we can afford to have both in our back 6.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »
McGuane's disposal is greatly blown out of proportion
He had OP in 2007 which obviously affected his kicking, he was much better this year and the stats prove it.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 09:53:15 AM »
I wouldn't imagine we would have seen much of Griffith next year even if he hadn't of had any sort of operation on his shoulder. Even more so that ruckmen, KPP need time to develop size to combat their more mature opponents. Rance is a prime example of this and even now I think he needs much more size and development under his belt before he can claim a place in our backline.

I see Griffiths as our next FF if all goes to plan and if that is the case he will need to wack on another 10kg at least before he can strengthen his frame enough that he is not continually out-muscled.

At the moment we are almost forced to play our kids early because we lack senior depth. Next year the problem will be exacerbated with the retirements of so many experienced players. They will really need to protect each other as much as possible around the contest and Tuck will need to do much of the buffering work.

Our forwardline still remains small and inexperienced so Griffith may surprize me this year and actually play more than I predict but looking over the team as a whole, we seem to be getting smaller in size (not height) and less experienced rather than the other way around.

After years of development we appear to be going backwards. I just hope we can actually start going forwards soon!  :pray

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
I'd almost rather Griffiths spend the entire year focussing on getting his body 100% and then unleash him in 2011

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 05:09:33 PM »
Selwood, as tough as nails as he is, had Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling, Enright, Chapman and co. around him in his first year. Throwing Martin in his debut year full time into our midfield which offers little protection to each other in terms of blocking and shepherding is what concerned me and why I have him initially on a HFF with spurts in the midfield.=

“He’s just a powerful, powerful kid; I used to do one-on-ones with him as a 16-year-old and he would just push me off the ball.

“I thought he could have played senior AFL football this year as a 17-year-old, no doubt.

“I’ve never seen a kid run into a pack of six or seven men and come out backwards with the ball . . . it’s not as though he was running through the pack, he would run in like a bull, grab the footy and run out backwards.

“There’s no doubt he’s the best kid I’ve seen play at that age; he’s just a phenomenal talent.”

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
Selwood, as tough as nails as he is, had Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Ling, Enright, Chapman and co. around him in his first year. Throwing Martin in his debut year full time into our midfield which offers little protection to each other in terms of blocking and shepherding is what concerned me and why I have him initially on a HFF with spurts in the midfield.=

“He’s just a powerful, powerful kid; I used to do one-on-ones with him as a 16-year-old and he would just push me off the ball.

“I thought he could have played senior AFL football this year as a 17-year-old, no doubt.

“I’ve never seen a kid run into a pack of six or seven men and come out backwards with the ball . . . it’s not as though he was running through the pack, he would run in like a bull, grab the footy and run out backwards.

“There’s no doubt he’s the best kid I’ve seen play at that age; he’s just a phenomenal talent.”

Who said this Bents?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »

Who said this Bents?
His coach at Castlemaine, ex Fitroy, St kilda and Richmond player Jamie Elliot
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »
FB:   Newman       Moore          Thursfield

HB:   Rance          McGuane       Polo