Author Topic: Who on our list is competent enough to play in a premiership in 4 years time?  (Read 811 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Not saying we'll be flag material by then but who do you believe on our list is competent enough to play in a premiership in say 4 years time?

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not saying we'll be flag material by then but who do you believe on our list is competent enough to play in a premiership in say 4 years time?

Thats a really hard question, I reckon a good half or more of our list "could" be in a premiership side.

Saying that Im not sure many of them if any of them would be "stars" in a premiership side.

Deledio might get there and Tambling too.
Riewoldt hmm who else

White and Jackson maybe? 

And lets not forget some of the younger ones Vickery and Cotchin, who knows there?

Still its very much a will they, won't they improve question because I dont think any of them are at the Top Line AFL players stage yet.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
If Mark Blake, Brent Renouf and Nathan Ablett can play in premiership sides then a damn lot of our players can too.  It all depends on the collective.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I hope that in four years time Trent Cotchin (in his 6th year) can become the premier midfielder of the competition and drag his team mates to places we can only dream of.

Little known fact about Trent....he is the only player on the Richmond list to have played his entire career at the club and won more games than he has lost.
For the record...played 25,won 13 Lost 12.
Unleash the tornado

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Richo..... ;D ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Richo was just starting to peak eh WAT  :D

My list:

Lids
Jack
Mitch
Vickers
Blingers
Postie
Connors  (... smokey choice)
Collo
Foley
Newy
Thursty and possibly Kel as well if they can rediscover their 2008 form

There's a small core there but still a long long way to go.

Little known fact about Trent....he is the only player on the Richmond list to have played his entire career at the club and won more games than he has lost.
For the record...played 25,won 13 Lost 12.
No coincidence either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Richo..... ;D ;D

I like it :D that'd make him have around 360 games at age 40!!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
At the moment there arent many. The question should be how many of our players would get a game in any of the teams that finished in the top 4.

They are IMHO

Deledio
Tambling
Cotchin ( if ever fit )
Jack
Foley
Mitch Morton

and that would be about it ( i excluded cousins and richo as they will be gone in 4 years )

Whether we are ever good enough to play finals depends on the development of

Vickery
Collins
Browne
Thursfield
Edwards
Connors

and the draft class of 2009

make no mistake, we have a long way to go to even be competetive let along make finals

Gigantor

i reckon hardwicke,and co would be better value in a grand final side than any of the peanuts we had taking the field in the last 6 rounds of this year