Author Topic: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009  (Read 17368 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »
For pick 20 Fremantle would like to stick with the home grown players and Select

Joel Houghton
Perth Demons

This kid will be a gun. Very accurate in front of goal and very good overhead. You can never have enough KPF's.

D.O.B:   26-Nov-1991
Club:   Perth
State:   WA
Height:   194cm
Weight:   82kg
Position:   Forward
Tall forward with a tremendous set shot for goal. Outstanding endurance and agility for a player of his size. Marking on the lead and an ability to play present up to the kicker are assets. His level 15-1 beep test at WA screen outstanding. WA Under-18 representative in 2009.

(on a side note re tigers, we really need to have a serious look at him with our pick 19 if he is still there.If you haven't seen his highlights reel...its a must see!!)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »
CV - North Melbourne pick 21 you have the floor!
Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »
For pick 20 Fremantle would like to stick with the home grown players and Select

Joel Houghton
Perth Demons

This kid will be a gun. Very accurate in front of goal and very good overhead. You can never have enough KPF's.

D.O.B:   26-Nov-1991
Club:   Perth
State:   WA
Height:   194cm
Weight:   82kg
Position:   Forward
Tall forward with a tremendous set shot for goal. Outstanding endurance and agility for a player of his size. Marking on the lead and an ability to play present up to the kicker are assets. His level 15-1 beep test at WA screen outstanding. WA Under-18 representative in 2009.

(on a side note re tigers, we really need to have a serious look at him with our pick 19 if he is still there.If you haven't seen his highlights reel...its a must see!!)

We looked at all the highlight reels and in our humble opinion Ben Griffiths is the best key position forward prospect in this draft. We would have considered Houghton at 44. Alas you have taken him with your pick. We wish you well  :ROTFL

well not really  ;D

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »
Thankyou for the introduction Popelord!!

North Melbourne will be wrapt that young Matthew Panos has slipped to pick number 21
Height: 191cm
Weight: 91kg

Slides due to his height but is a genuine forward that is ready to go! Good hands and nice shot on goal will help boost the forward line and provide another target.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »
I hope we have a look at him later in the draft, but definitely not that early. Highlight packages are a little biased.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
Thankyou for the introduction Popelord!!

North Melbourne will be wrapt that young Matthew Panos has slipped to pick number 21
Height: 191cm
Weight: 91kg

Slides due to his height but is a genuine forward that is ready to go! Good hands and nice shot on goal will help boost the forward line and provide another target.

Panos pretty good pick at 21. You're spot on his height hurts him.
Go Tigers!

Offline elliot

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
pick 22 Brad Sheppard

pick 23 Callum Bartlett

Stoked to grab these guys.

write ups too follow. It's late and I've have too many ales to communicate my thoughts to the keyboard.

I thought about Koby Stevans at one of these picks but because the eagles have Masten who is a better inside player I decided otherwise.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2009, 06:54:18 AM »
Essendon Pick 24:

Koby Stevens

DOB: 18/6/91

Ht: 187cm    Wt: 83Kg

Hard runner with great leadership qualities. Despite his troubles with OP during 2009 Essendon are confident they have a long term hard inside running mid-fielder

PS: I am going to be tied up most of today so I may not be able to get to pick 26 until late this afternoon.  :cheers WP
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline elliot

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
Good pick. He is a much better fit for Essendon I think who lack players of his type.

Write ups from last night.

Brad Sheppard

A defender who can play tall or small and works hard when the ball goes the other way, but the best part of his game is when he is coming out of defense with the ball in his hands.
He's quick and has great disposal by hand and foot. He is in a very similar mould to Corey Enright in this way and I expect him to go much earlier than this come draft day. a steal at this point IMO ;D

Callum Bartlett

At this point basically being my final pick in the draft I decided to go with a high risk reward pick. If Callum can get back into his form pre injury (ACL during the 09 pre season) he will become a cult figure and crowd favorite. A quick, pacey small mid / HFF Bartlett has a thumping left boot much in the style of Daniel Rich. He likes to run the lines and split zones apart with his skills. Only knock on him is his lack of game knowledge and I suppose fitness as he struggles to manage over 16 possessions a game. But rest assured he makes them count. If he had played all this year he would have gone top 10. Some say even top 5.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »
Update:

1. Melbourne - Jack Trengove
2. Melbourne - Tom Scully
3. Richmond - Dustin Martin
4. Fremantle - Anthony Morabito
5. North Melb - Ben Cunnington
6. Sydney      - Gary Rohan
7. West Coast - John Butcher
8. Port Adelaide - Jake Carlisle
9. Port Adelaide - Kane Lucas
10. Essendon - Aaron Black
11. Melbourne - Daniel Talia
12. Carlton - Jordan Gysberts
13. Adelaide - Ryan Bastinac
14. Sydney - Lewis Jetta
15. Bulldogs - Luke Tapscott
16. Port Adelaide - Jake Melksham
17. Geelong - Nathan Vardy

18. Melbourne - Andrew Moore
19. Richmond - Ben Griffiths
20. Fremantle - Joel Houghton
21. North Melb - Matthew Panos
22. West Coast - Brad Sheppard
23. West Coast - Callum Bartlett
24. Essendon - Koby Stevens

Next up crannyvegas and 25. North Melbourne

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2009, 07:40:30 PM »
Apologise for the delay, uni exams etc...

Well it becomes a bit hit and miss from here on in but North Melbourne will pick up Mark Hutchings with pick 25.
Height: 181cm
Weight: 81kg

Hutching is a versatile midfielder with a hard edge. Not as polished as others available here but his size and attack on the footy picks himself. Has some WAFL senior games under his belt which always gives these draftees an intial advantage on their peers. Intelligent player who reads the ball well and will rotate well through the midfield in a defensive or offensive mindset.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2009, 07:48:06 PM »
Pick 26 = Essendon

Marcus Davies

DOB = 4/6/1991

HT: 187cm  WT: 81 Kg

Can play half back or in the mid-field. Has very good leg speed and power. Has improved his disposal this year and had a very good under 18 Carnival. We expect him to ready to play senior footy in 2009. To fill the gap left by that sook McPhee  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2009, 08:00:09 PM »
27. Brisbane - Josh Thomas (Qld, 01/10/91, 178cm, 70kg).

Thomas has been linked to the Lions at this pick. He turned down a contract offer from GC17 to go into the draft similar to Beams last year. A quick skillful half-back/half-forward who also played midfield in the U18s but will probably end up a HFF at AFL level. Being a local Queensland boy also takes away the go-home factor.

http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=115693
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »
Kyle Hartigan finds himself in the cattery.

Hard working key defender who sets himself the task of beating his opponent and rarely losses. Great speed for his size, and body strength are his weapons. AIS-AFL Academy graduate. His level 14-5 beep test at Vic screen outstanding for a tall. Vic Metro Under-18 representative in 2009.

A tall fast key defender who hates getting beaten is just what an aging backline needs in reserve
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 03:07:49 AM »
Bump.