Author Topic: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009  (Read 17401 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2009, 09:10:19 AM »
I was going to pass this pick, but we've just delisted Meeson and Newton, so i'll use it.

#34 - Daniel Menzel

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 02:53:54 PM »
Richmond #35 selection: Mitchell Fisher- Geelong Falcons- 182cm and 83kgs. Considered very tough back pocket/midfield type who is already 83kgs and thats not bad for the position we need him to play. Quick and considered a smart footballer. Comes from the successful Geelong Falcons program. With Mitch Farmer added adding Fisher will ensure Richmond wont need to look for a player who can play on opposition smaller players for a fair while. Shock selection here but who cares its only the internet.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
With selection #36 Fremantle would like to select

Allen Christensen.
Geelong Falcons
175cm Small Forward / Midfielder

We are delighted that he was still available in the 3rd round and ever so pleased that Richmond are continuing their tradition of making draft selection bungles by completely overlooking the most obvious choice at this stage of the draft.

We hope that he will become another Peter Bell and take on a small forward/midfield role. He is a serious ball magnet with plenty of pace and capable of winning his own ball.

Ramps

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2009, 05:43:16 PM »

Allen Christensen.
Geelong Falcons

We are delighted that he was still available in the 3rd round and ever so pleased that Richmond are continuing their tradition of making draft selection bungles by completely overlooking the most obvious choice at this stage of the draft.

We hope that he will become another Peter Bell and take on a small forward/midfield role. He is a serious ball magnet with plenty of pace and capable of winning his own ball.

Pity Christiansen sprays the footy  ;D

Overlooked coz we have to many that spray the footy and turn it over!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2009, 05:59:30 PM »

Allen Christensen.
Geelong Falcons

Pity Christiansen sprays the footy  ;D

Overlooked coz we have to many that spray the footy and turn it over!

Our scouts have reported that he is generally sound in the accuracy dept. They did note however, that he is capable of brief moments of inaccuracy. Therefore we will implement some out of the box thinking. When he is delivering to the forward 50, we will instruct him to go for the goal square every time. We will then have two forwards leading to each pocket as a sound insurance plan. For us its a win win.  :thumbsup

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2009, 07:39:35 PM »
Back again already wow!!!
North with pick thirty seven have scoured the lands and come up with the brother of an up and coming star (Jack Grimes, what a dt legend this bloke was this year)

Dylan Grimes.
A tallish defender who is capable of taking a second or third tall, with the ability to rebound. Maybe be slightly overated at this point but we will take that punt that he is a lot of development left, like his brother. Will add some strength to the backline and we have almost nabbed a player from each section of the ground so far in this draft.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2009, 02:46:30 AM »
Update .........

1. Melbourne - Jack Trengove
2. Melbourne - Tom Scully
3. Richmond - Dustin Martin
4. Fremantle - Anthony Morabito
5. North Melb - Ben Cunnington
6. Sydney      - Gary Rohan
7. West Coast - John Butcher
8. Port Adelaide - Jake Carlisle
9. Port Adelaide - Kane Lucas
10. Essendon - Aaron Black
11. Melbourne - Daniel Talia
12. Carlton - Jordan Gysberts
13. Adelaide - Ryan Bastinac
14. Sydney - Lewis Jetta
15. Bulldogs - Luke Tapscott
16. Port Adelaide - Jake Melksham
17. Geelong - Nathan Vardy

18. Melbourne - Andrew Moore
19. Richmond - Ben Griffiths
20. Fremantle - Joel Houghton
21. North Melb - Matthew Panos
22. West Coast - Brad Sheppard
23. West Coast - Callum Bartlett
24. Essendon - Koby Stevens
25. North Melb - Mark Hutchings
26. Essendon - Marcus Davies
27. Brisbane - Josh Thomas
28. Geelong - Kyle Hartigan
29. Adelaide - Troy Taylor
30. Collingwood - Luke Ball
31. Bulldogs - Jack Fitzpatrick
32. St Kilda - Mitchell Duncan
33. Essendon - Sam Reid

34. Melbourne - Daniel Menzel
35. Richmond - Mitch Fisher
36. Fremantle - Allen Christensen
37. North Melb - Dylan Grimes

Next up is smokey and 38. Sydney

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
How long are we giving for each pick?
Its been almost 2 days since the last one

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2009, 04:51:54 PM »
I hope smokey doesn't mind but to get this going again.

38. Sydney - Ryan Harwood (Tas, 8/7/91, 184cm, 79kg)

Inside mid and ballwinner from Tassie who is also a good tackler and would suit the Swans style of play.

Yeah Infamy will put a day limit on each pick as we need to get this finished in the next 12 days.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2009, 06:01:18 PM »
For Pick 39 Hawthorn selects Max Gawn (206cm/97kg) from Sandringham Dragons

Hawthorn clearly need all the help they can get in the ruck and Max not only is very tall but has a pretty big leap also. Strong mark also means he could play as a resting forward if required. Has a reasonable build already so should be able to play a role in 2010.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2009, 07:53:02 PM »
Geelong take a local boy in Joe Dare at pick 40. A defender who plays forward as well... and gets a bit of the pill (always important)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »
Richmond #35 selection: Mitchell Fisher- Geelong Falcons- 182cm and 83kgs. Considered very tough back pocket/midfield type who is already 83kgs and thats not bad for the position we need him to play. Quick and considered a smart footballer. Comes from the successful Geelong Falcons program. With Mitch Farmer added adding Fisher will ensure Richmond wont need to look for a player who can play on opposition smaller players for a fair while. Shock selection here but who cares its only the internet.

had a look at fisher's clip.  was quite impressed.  dunno much about him and haven't seen him on alot of mocks around.  perhaps he'd be a smokie we could take later on in the draft in the real thing.

Ramps

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »

had a look at fisher's clip.  was quite impressed.  dunno much about him and haven't seen him on alot of mocks around.  perhaps he'd be a smokie we could take later on in the draft in the real thing.

Yeah I agree, but I decided that what Ill prefer to do is bring up the names of about 3 players who have hardly been mentioned anywhere on any internet forums. Mitch Fisher was one of the 3. In the end, this is just an internet phantom draft, so I prefer to have a bit of fun and bring to the attention of OERs players not really mentioned anywhere else- it will be a good debating point.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »

Yeah I agree, but I decided that what Ill prefer to do is bring up the names of about 3 players who have hardly been mentioned anywhere on any internet forums. Mitch Fisher was one of the 3. In the end, this is just an internet phantom draft, so I prefer to have a bit of fun and bring to the attention of OERs players not really mentioned anywhere else- it will be a good debating point.
Sack Ramps! ;D we need a new broom to sweep through ramps' recruiting dept. Mitchell bloody Fisher. We could have got him with our final pick.

Ramps

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2009, 12:51:30 AM »

Sack Ramps! ;D we need a new broom to sweep through ramps' recruiting dept. Mitchell bloody Fisher. We could have got him with our final pick.

My drafting will lead us to the promised land  ;D