Author Topic: OER Draft night tonight  (Read 9757 times)

Ramps

OER Draft night tonight
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »
My preferred option will be to be in here when the draft is on rather than watch the telecast. I get the feeling the TV coverage will spend most of its time on the top 10 or 20 picks. I will have the radio on and post in here so we can discuss our new recruits.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 03:25:08 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: OER Draft night tomorrow night
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:50:54 PM »
At least you get a choice Ramps.  Sunny Queensland - beautiful one day, backward the next.

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:01:30 PM »
At least you get a choice Ramps.  Sunny Queensland - beautiful one day, backward the next.

cant you get online and listen on SEN?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 11:46:16 PM »
I am going to tape it off Foxtel and watch it in the evening with the family so I will be posting about this time tomorrow night. Really looking forward to it actually, more than the Deledio & Cotchin draft.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »

cant you get online and listen on SEN?

Yeah but I would prefer to watch it on TV.  It's all about credibility at home.  My missus thinks I'm balmy enough with the time I spend on all things football - if I'm watching it on TV then she will think of that as 'fairly' normal, even though it is out of season.  If she catches me listening to something on the radio for a couple of hours in November then she will be convinced her fears for my mental state are well founded.  Then again, she thinks that anyway given the agony she watches me go through for 22 weeks each year following Richmond.  Maybe the trick will be to don the headphones and sing a tune or 2 every now and then.  ;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »
I'm watching from home with two of my mates coming over for dinner.
One a Hawk and the other a Bomber. Will be an interesting night. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: OER Draft night tonight
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »
The TV coverage on Foxtel will only show the first round live. For the rest of the draft they will just have a scroll along the bottom of the screen while they interview the first rounders.

SEN will follow the whole draft call live apparently.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 03:55:58 PM »
The TV coverage on Foxtel will only show the first round live. For the rest of the draft they will just have a scroll along the bottom of the screen while they interview the first rounders.

SEN will follow the whole draft call live apparently.

that is dumb!

why don't they extend the coverage!

:)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »

According to the local rag only the reading of names will be live, but the selections will already have been made.
By the time viewers tune into Fox Sports coverage of tonight's national draft, the top 17 picks will be set in stone.
Clubs will meet behind closed doors from 5.45 local time at the Melbourne Convention Center where recruiters will finally play their cards, nominating the teenagers they will select in the first round...
Fox Soprts will begin coverage from 5pm NT time before the draft is announced for the first time in reverse order from 10 to 1 about 10 minutes later.
After an ad break, the draft will resume in traditional order, with selections 11-17 revealed.
Melbourne's pick 18 could also be broadcast live in the event St Kilda discard Luke Ball will still be available...
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 04:02:38 PM »
could somebody record the SEN audio and maybe a youtube footage of the Fox Sports?

going out for dinner.

:'(

Ramps

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
the tv coverage doesnt seem like itll keep us up to date. Im going to be  online, listening to SEN and being in here.  :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 04:05:14 PM »
Sounds that way Ramps may have the TV coverage on mute and bring the rock box into the family room to listen on SEN.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
the tv coverage doesnt seem like itll keep us up to date. Im going to be  online, listening to SEN and being in here.  :cheers

Or you can watch it LIVE ! on Afl.com
Here are a couple of links :

FOX SPORTS 2, SEN, 3AW and 5AA will be covering the event with the TV coverage starting at 6.30PM EDST (radio coverage starting at 6.00PM EDST)

( SEN ) - http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/MediaPlayer.aspx

Or you can watch it live on AFL.com, here is the link.

http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflrisingstarsprogram/nabafldraft/draftnews/2009nabafldraftlive/tabid/15271/default.aspx

And here is a link for a very good site where you can find out all of the info and watch highlight videos.

http://www.afldraftinfo.com/

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »
6.00 pm and draft coverage is about to start on SEN

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 06:01:27 PM »
Here we go. Let's hope we are doing this  :thumbsup in two hours time and not this  :banghead lol.

Cheers for the links HMH  :cheers
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd