Author Topic: OER Draft night tonight  (Read 10478 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: OER Draft night tonight
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2009, 07:50:12 PM »
Round 5

66. melb - pass
67. rich - Jeromey Webberley
68. freo - pass
69. haw - Taylor Dare
70*. haw - Matthew Suckling*
71. rich - Ben Nason
72*. carl - Sam Jacobs*
73. bris - Jesse O'Brien
74*. adel - Brodie O'Brien*
75.* Coll - Josh Thomas*
76. Dogs - Shane thorne
77. St K - Will Johnson

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2009, 07:53:33 PM »
Would rather we take a punt on a couple of talls like Dylan Grimes, Joel Houghton, Kyle Hartigan or Majak Daw
Could easily have guys like Webberley or Nayson train with us for a PSD or rookie spot, I know we can do that anyway with the guys left but with GC getting the first 5 rookie picks we'll only get a shot at 1 or 2 of them with our PSD and first rookie pick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
78. rich - PASS

That's it folks for us.

Just promoted rookies in Nahas (pick 89) and Browne (pick 94).

Pies have gone for Simon Buckley - another top up.

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
Would rather we take a punt on a couple of talls like Dylan Grimes, Joel Houghton, Kyle Hartigan or Majak Daw
Could easily have guys like Webberley or Nayson train with us for a PSD or rookie spot, I know we can do that anyway with the guys left but with GC getting the first 5 rookie picks we'll only get a shot at 1 or 2 of them with our PSD and first rookie pick

to be honest I think our recruiters lost the plot after 19. what can you say. :-\

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »
does that leave us one pick in the PSD?
Who do they have in mind?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »
does that leave us one pick in the PSD?
Who do they have in mind?

Fair enough strategy - sit back now and see what happens.  At this time last year Cousins would not have been on the radar.  Gives us a chance to have a further look at the best of those left.

Ramps

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »
North absolutely smashed this draft in the middle with players like Kennedy and McMillan. Good luck to them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What the clubs said (afl site)
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2009, 10:32:57 PM »
Richmond
National recruiting manager Francis Jackson

"There's always a few surprises - we sit here for six months looking at the draft, and you see things from your own perspective. Sometimes it's hard to understand the direction other people are coming from.

"I thought there were a few surprises particularly early, but the proof's always in the pudding, so we'll wait and see in a couple of years who was right and who was wrong. We're delighted."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87571/default.aspx

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: What the clubs said (afl site)
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »
Richmond

"There's always a few surprises - we sit here for six months looking at the draft, and you see things from your own perspective. Sometimes it's hard to understand the direction other people are coming from.

"I thought there were a few surprises particularly early, but the proof's always in the pudding, so we'll wait and see in a couple of years who was right and who was wrong. We're delighted."

doesn't sound like he actually chose anyone?

Hardwick and Cameron must of told him to "back off!"

because FJ didn't seem "happy" after a draft interview on SEN.

didn't seem to know much after Aston Martin and Ben.

hmmmmmmmm.

:)

tony_montana

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2009, 11:59:52 PM »
Richmond

doesn't sound like he actually chose anyone?

Hardwick and Cameron must of told him to "back off!"

because FJ didn't seem "happy" after a draft interview on SEN.

didn't seem to know much after Aston Martin and Ben.

hmmmmmmmm.

:)

you arethe 2nd person to say that and I am surprised. Listening to the interview it was clear to me he was chuffed and most happy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What the club/Francis Jackson says (RFC)
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2009, 05:51:35 AM »
What the club says
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 10:55 PM Thu 26 November, 2009

Selection No.3: Dustin Martin
DOB: 26/06/91, Height: 187cm, Weight: 86kg
Recruited from: Castlemaine/Bendigo Pioneers (VIC)

"Dustin was on our radar at the start of last year, and we're ecstatic to get him. We think he's a really quality player who's going to have an impact straight away. He's played some fabulous footy this year."

Selection No.19: Ben Griffiths
DOB: 17/09/91, Height: 199cm, Weight: 98kg
Recruited from: Blackburn/Eastern Ranges (VIC)

"Ben is a key forward and he's had an unfortunate run with injury, but we're rapt that he was there at pick 19. He's a terrific contested mark, has leg-speed and he's a very good kick, so he fitted our profile in that position."

Selection No.35: David Astbury
DOB: 26/02/91, Height: 195cm, Weight: 81kg
Recruited from: Tatyoon/North Ballarat Rebels (VIC)

"David's from North Ballarat after finishing school at Caulfield Grammar. He's 195cm, a versatile player who kicks the ball well, he's got good speed and can play either end of the ground. He was the one I thought really made our draft, still being available at 35. His psych profile was outstanding, and he's just a terrific kid from Ararat."

Selection No.44: Matt Dea
DOB: 13/10/91, Height: 186cm, Weight: 83kg
Recruited from: Ballarat Clarendon College /North Ballarat Rebels (VIC)

"Matt is a Mildura boy, who was captain of the Victorian U18 Country basketball side - he's a little bit inexperienced in football terms, but we've watched him play a significant number of times. He's a left-footer with terrific athleticism and speed. He played a few games for the Rebels towards the end of the year."

Selection No.51: Troy Taylor
DOB: 12/09/91, Height: 189cm, Weight: 77kg
Recruited from: South Alice Springs/NT Thunder (NT)

"Troy's an indigenous boy from the NT - 189cm and a very gifted player. He relocated to Alice Springs and played a few games with the senior Northern Territory Thunder side towards the end of the year. He had a fantastic carnival in the middle of the year."

Selection No.67: Jeromey Webberley
Recruited from: Clarence (TAS)

"Jeromey Webberley is a little bit older - he played in a premiership with Clarence this year, in fact he kicked the winning goal from 53m on the run. He's a rebounding defender who kicks the ball very well so he fitted our kicking profile. "

Selection No.71: Ben Nason
DOB: 03/06/91, Height: 179cm, Weight: 73kg
Recruited from: Central Districts (SA)

"Again, we were looking for players who kicked the footy well, and we were really impressed with Ben over the course of the year. His foot skills are outstanding. He moved from Port Adelaide to Central Districts and played senior footy with the Bulldogs so we're excited about the skill level that Ben has, despite being pick seven for us."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/87590/default.aspx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2009, 06:59:00 AM »

you arethe 2nd person to say that and I am surprised. Listening to the interview it was clear to me he was chuffed and most happy.

I agree tony. I heard about half of his interview and he seemed really pleased to me.

I am glad he didn't individualise too much - these kids are gong to have enough pressure via expectation on them by supporters without having to live up to "sweeping statements of praise" by our recruiting manager

torch: your comment about Hardwick & cameron must have told him to "back off' - I think is a way off the mark. What the draft has proven is the recruiting team led by Jackson was given a "brief" to find players who have decent foot skills and based on that they seem to have done their job.

I think FJ was genuinely surprised that and rapted to have got Astbury at 35 & Taylor at 51.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

richmondrules

« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2009, 07:47:09 AM »

I agree tony. I heard about half of his interview and he seemed really pleased to me.

He looked happy on the BigPond interview.

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/226150

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

I am glad he didn't individualise too much - these kids are gong to have enough pressure via expectation on them by supporters without having to live up to "sweeping statements of praise" by our recruiting manager

torch: your comment about Hardwick & cameron must have told him to "back off' - I think is a way off the mark. What the draft has proven is the recruiting team led by Jackson was given a "brief" to find players who have decent foot skills and based on that they seem to have done their job.

I think FJ was genuinely surprised that and rapted to have got Astbury at 35 & Taylor at 51.

I think why some got such impression is that shwass  (how do spell his effing name) tried to get him to individualise and he hesitated while trying to avoid  doing so. I fully agree that he shouldnt have individualised.

Just as idea of the sort of fool questions he asked. He said to Lyon along the lines. Lube Ball ended up at collingwood with pick 30, you must feel that justifies your stance on him?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2009, 09:40:11 PM »
Con65 on Y&B has written a great and thorough report on Club 80 last night with Francis Jackson going through each of the new draftees.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=290489&postcount=21