Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 149595 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #1050 on: May 24, 2014, 11:33:22 PM »
has spent too long munching the sourgrass that people here have been peeing on.

deserves kudos for his game and more credit than the duds who keep getting gifted gamed
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1051 on: May 25, 2014, 08:08:35 AM »
I like him too and think he should play but just wait until after a loss and the usual bagging will come out then

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1052 on: May 25, 2014, 09:11:11 AM »
Kid played well yesterday. Did everything asked of him in his first game back. Really glad he is one of Dimma favorites because hopefully he keeps playing him.
We are a really weak, soft, timid side, playing blokes like Dea, Thomas, Grimes and hopefully Miles gives us a much harder edge.
All I ask is we have a real go, cannot stand watching players not wanting to put their bodies on the line. I don't think that is to much to ask of elite footballers getting paid good money.

the claw

« Reply #1053 on: May 25, 2014, 10:17:53 AM »
I like him too and think he should play but just wait until after a loss and the usual bagging will come out then
dont think dea has copped too much bagging at all. most and by most id say 95% of posters have wanted him played and given a decent go.

there is a difference between bagging a player and criticising poor performance. like all of our players matt dea has deserved some criticism of his performance at times i dont think too many have called for his head though.

morris dea vlastuin makes for a harder bigger more accountable group of sml/med backs, ffs ive been calling for something like it for yrs. the other two who should be tried in the roles if they can ever get a game or show enough to get a game are mcintosh and helbig.

from what i see on these boards in the main its been perennial repeat offenders who cop the baggings. edwards vickery grigg houli  and plenty other mature players have copped what they deserve.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1054 on: May 25, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
go back a couple pages theres a few writing him off thats for sure!

i could be wrong but i think we may have seen the worst of Dea. his decision making always let him down but yesterday i saw him win the ball in a pack situation, side step and run in between players to take the game on, then dispose of correctly. its this stuff which has let him down in the past even at training bit perhaps those days are over.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:58:06 AM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1055 on: May 25, 2014, 11:09:37 AM »
Solid as per usual

Not soft

the claw

« Reply #1056 on: May 25, 2014, 11:15:44 AM »
go back a couple pages theres a few writing him off thats for sure!

i could be wrong but i think we may have seen the worst of Dea. his decision making always let him down but yesterday i saw him win the ball in a pack situation, side step and run in between players to take the game on, then dispose of correctly. its this stuff which has let him down in the past even at training bit perhaps those days are over.
went back  8 or 9 dooks and there is only a few posters who have called for his head. there has been some criticism of performance and that is fair enough. in the main though most have stuck  with him. i dont see him copping  baggings.

personally i think hes on thin ice just because of the time its taken for him to develop and try and establish himself.  injury has not helped. he is what 22 been around for how many yrs? yr 4 i think.  he has to show he belongs he has to establish his bonafies at the level and soon we cant wait forever.
 he must like about 10 others be given the chance to show he can play at the level for his sake and ours. there are no losers here if we play him and give him opportunity.
as others have said tough good size runs straight lines can play accountable footy decent pace and does kick well. plenty to work with but its time to grasp the chance.

tony_montana

« Reply #1057 on: May 25, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Yesterday I thought was the first time he looked like a footballer at this level. Looked a lot more composed with ball in hand. Good on him.

Gigantor

« Reply #1058 on: May 25, 2014, 11:27:12 AM »
I really liked Deas game yesterday,seems to have added composure to his game which I have also noted in the seconds this year.
The only thing I worry about Dea is you don't get much run and carry from the back which Vlas gives you.So with Vlas out it relies on Bacha to provide that.Dont know if I want to place all my eggs in the Bacha basket.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1059 on: May 25, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »
Drop houli ( or sub / wing

Keep mattdea and vlastuin  :whistle

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1060 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
done some nice things, very different player from the last time l seen him play at the top level.  :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1061 on: May 25, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »
Kid needs to play week in week out.
Take Newman's place and make it his own.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1062 on: May 25, 2014, 01:39:57 PM »
Thought he was very good yesterday, gave us a lot of run off HB

Good foil for Rance in that Dea playing meant we had two blokes gut running from the back half rather just having Rance
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1063 on: May 25, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Also nice to have two tough defenders

More so in vlastuins absence

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1064 on: May 31, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
Played well tonight under extreme pressure and with little help. Well done!