Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 149724 times)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Matty Dea appreciation thread
« Reply #720 on: April 30, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
By the way.Conca has improved out of sight this year

Thats generally what happens if your given a chance ;) How is McGuane going BTW? I never did get around to looking at those Broadbeach tapes :lol :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
Broadbeach LMAO

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #722 on: April 30, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
What's funny is the club signed him up on a 3 year contract reportedly on $450k this year
Joke between players is that he is the highest paid Coburg player of all time
Dimma has given him the same treatment as Tuck early last year .
McGaune been told not in Tigers future

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: April 30, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »
comments from grimes are interesting;
"and thankfully we had matty dea come back and have an inpact on the (West coast) talls as well, so it really helped us out"
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/444772/default.aspx
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #724 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:55 PM »
comments from grimes are interesting;
"and thankfully we had matty dea come back and have an inpact on the (West coast) talls as well, so it really helped us out"
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/444772/default.aspx

Whoa!!  :lol

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #725 on: April 30, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
WP,

Too much BS to wade through to find your post on why time is being invested in Matt Dea and not others.

Just based on what has been seen and heard and what I have personally seen:
- Dea has the body size and shape that is perfect for Dimma's gameplan.  Dea's got very fast reflexes, sure hands and very quick hands.  (BBall point gaurd, but watch him at training, his hands are good and very sure.  A one grab catch.)  He's strong.  And he is freakishly athletic.  He has a standing vertical leap better than anyone else at the club.  And he is getting into the foolishly fearless mould.  Dimma seems to really rate and love that.  He has limitatons.  But he also comes across as very single minded and very focussed, and thus does a job, plays a role.  This again seems to be a trait that Dimma wants in x players per weekend.

Your example was Nason.  I'd respond with 14 games, body size, lack of stickability on tackles and possibly playing to his designated role/job.  Webberley plays to the role given.  White the same.  It was apparent a few times last year, at Coburg, that Nason didn't play to team rules.

As to his role on Sunday.  It appears that he rotated on Hams and Shuey and basically shut them down.  If anyone can show that is not what he did, please provide the details.  Al's been asking for 24 hours.  No one has answered it.

Oh and JS that first goal by Hams was a little unlucky.  Hams led with a dipping twisting shoulder to draw the high tackle.  WC did it all day and and got lots of soft frees for it.  Lead with the head (Dusty and Foley) no free, lead with the shoulder, twist and dip, Free.  Go figure.

gerkin greg

« Reply #726 on: April 30, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
Majority of your points have been well covered in this thread HK, it's worth the read

Still, thanks for the summary

And before JS points out Hams kicked 2, the second was on Ellis

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #727 on: April 30, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story??

dwaino

« Reply #728 on: April 30, 2012, 09:56:30 PM »

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story??

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #729 on: April 30, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
Scary gerks.  You and I seem to like the same player.

gerkin greg

« Reply #730 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
Now Now.
You find the quote where I said that I liked Dea?
You can't

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Matty Dea post WC game thread
« Reply #731 on: April 30, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »
Hams ducked ala joel selwood. limpgy.playing for yhe free kick

Hardley deas fsult.

What the stuff do you type with?

Lettuce
Me too !  iths aweousum fung
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #732 on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
I like Dea. But only as a friend.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #733 on: April 30, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »
Your example was Nason.  I'd respond with 14 games, body size, lack of stickability on tackles and possibly playing to his designated role/job.  Webberley plays to the role given.  White the same.  It was apparent a few times last year, at Coburg, that Nason didn't play to team rules.

"He didn't play to team rules" don't mean to be a smart alec but how would you know that? How would any of us know that?

But that's a discussion for another day  ;D

I am not sure if you've actually understood my point; perhaps because I haven't really explained it too well 

Back to the Nason example he was given 14 games over 2 seasons & people on here made their judgement on him pretty quicky - which is fair enough.

But very few people said at the time he was de-listed he should be given more time, it seemed to simply be a case of "he's not up to it so see ya". Why? Why was it OK in the case of Nason for people to raise the point that he may not be up to it after say 10 games but people cannot do the same for Dea?

Why the difference in assessing?

Just based on what has been seen and heard and what I have personally seen:
- Dea has the body size and shape that is perfect for Dimma's gameplan.  Dea's got very fast reflexes, sure hands and very quick hands.  (BBall point gaurd, but watch him at training, his hands are good and very sure.  A one grab catch.)  He's strong.  And he is freakishly athletic.  He has a standing vertical leap better than anyone else at the club.  And he is getting into the foolishly fearless mould.  Dimma seems to really rate and love that.  He has limitatons.  But he also comes across as very single minded and very focussed, and thus does a job, plays a role.  This again seems to be a trait that Dimma wants in x players per weekend.

Not sure based on what I've seen that I can agree with the sure hands and quick hands comment certainly when you are talking about AFL level, have seen it at times at VFL level but not at AFL level.

Also I've learnt over the years that what happens on the training track doesn't always translates into what they take on to the park. I've lost count of the number of players who at training never miss a target but put them out on the ground and they rarely hit a target  ;D

Seriously I hope he makes it especially seeing they seem determined to invest a helluva alot of time into him.

But right now I am not seeing what you and others are seeing which mean I have question marks. Which I raise hopefully with balanced argument which leads to robust discussion

So as it stands it doesn't mean I am right or wrong just like it doesn't mean people who disagree with me a re right or wrong it just is a difference in opinion that hopefully by the end of the this year but most likely the end of 2013 we'll have an answer one way or another
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Matty Dea post WC game thread
« Reply #734 on: April 30, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »
LMAO@Fung :lol