Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 150080 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2011, 06:34:14 PM »
Hey Black.why don't you offer you services to the club and instigate a new 3 year contract for Matt.D

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »
Hope you watched the first 15 minutes closely.kicked into the man on the mark .dropped a simple just mark.this is elite footy .that's why we the bottom Vic team in the comp

Dusty dropped an even simpler one at the end of the 1st.  if that's the guideline, I guess Dusty goes as well.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2011, 06:37:32 PM »
Funny boy.Dusty is gun.Matt Dea won't make it.do you think he will play in front of Batchelor.Lids ,Newman .Houli etc.you people are dreaming

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
 Forgot  about Helbig.Conners and Conca who also play off HB..And Grigg

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »
Had a squizz at the replay today and for a bloke with just a few games under his belt Matty Dea was very impressive. Thank god some of the Jackwits on OER are a long way from our club and it's decision making.

Tell you something behind wipe..
Am back in the system

I hope it's not richmond that will be graced with your rabble rousing, negative self
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
Broadbeach Under 15s

Gigantor

« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
jack sorry maybe i misunderstood you,but are you saying conca wont make it?

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2011, 07:07:37 PM »
I watched the game again for the third time, and overall I liked Dea''s game. I can see why he is said to be a coaches favourite, he does the small things really well. Seemed to tackle fairly well, competed well enough in the air and by and large made good decisions with the football.

However, whilst jackstar is clearly an unloved figure in these forum he does raise some good and valid points regarding Dea. Firstly his disposal is suspect anything over 35 odd meters. Very good in close and that chipped ball out of defence (anyone who saw him early on in for Coburg would have seen this) but look at a) his first kick - straight into the man on the mark and then b) that kick into the corridor that was between two one on one contests. That part of his game needs a lot of refinement. Also, Houli, Deledio, Newman, Batchelor, Farmer and Dea all seem to be fitghting for the three spots. Considering how much our game plan relies on those running players off the half back line, its hard to see him displacing Houli, Deledio or Newman - and I don't think he will displace Batchelor (nor would anyone want that to happen). I guess the question then becomes can Houli, Deledio or Newman or even Batchelor be moved onto a wing or in the guts and allow Dea to operate in the best 22?

Lastly, the one thing that annoys me is where he was selected. I understand why he was selected from a very poor footy background. His body type and physical capabilities in Dea as a package are rare for a player that young. He is what you would call a high risk/ high reward pick. Thats fine we needed to take players like that. However, I wouldnt have done it back-to-back with Taylor being the very next pick...

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »
Funny boy.Dusty is gun.Matt Dea won't make it.do you think he will play in front of Batchelor.Lids ,Newman .Houli etc.you people are dreaming

Dea wont make it?

What you mean to say is "Dea wont make it IMHO?"

FFS Jack go have a lie down.

:lol

TigerTimeII

« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »
Hope you watched the first 15 minutes closely.kicked into the man on the mark .dropped a simple chest  mark.this is elite footy .that's why we the bottom Vic team in the comp

tosser

cotchin had 4 kicks smothered or touched so is he a dud too

jack u r boring

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
I am complete imbecile .the rest of you are geniuses

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »
jack sorry maybe i misunderstood you,but are you saying conca wont make it?

No.Dea

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »
Great post by Jobba :thumbsup

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
IMHO a little aerly to be making a judgement on a player his age and experience. I'll reserve my judgement until after I've seen him play a few more games.....

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:35 PM »
Hope you watched the first 15 minutes closely.kicked into the man on the mark .dropped a simple chest  mark.this is elite footy .that's why we the bottom Vic team in the comp

tosser

cotchin had 4 kicks smothered or touched so is he a dud too

jack u r boring

Poor comparison X, Cotchin is working in very confined spaces, HBF's aren't