Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 150008 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2011, 07:53:27 PM »
struggling at this stage of the proceedings IMHO.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
Is completely useless.waste of space.some one should teach him to actually stand up first.I sat on the fence tonight and the amount of arguing between him.lids.rance and Posty was a disgrace..please don't anyone here tell me Dea can play.as he simply CANT

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: September 04, 2011, 08:32:45 PM »
Was completely lost out there tonight

Felt for young Rance (again) very little support from his other backmane tonight

Dea's problem is he isn't a good reader of the play and is too slow in his decision making...just like Post
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
I've just pulled the STOP cable on his bandwagon... I want to get off  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

10 FLAGS

« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »
Rance trying to play on 3 blokes because the likes of Dea and Post havent got a clue is pretty unfair on the lad. Rance put in another very decent effort tonight IMHO.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
Posties stats aren't too bad out of that game.  Dea had a real stinker, needs to get on top of where he needs to be.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »
Posties stats aren't too bad out of that game.  Dea had a real stinker, needs to get on top of where he needs to be.

Stats can be soooooooooooooooooo mis-leading Owl...he's is just too slow inthe decision making department that he ends up putting his teammante under too much pressure

As I said tough decisions need to be made

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2011, 08:42:57 PM »
fair call.  do you reckon he has no future in any position at all?  Or can he be turned around like a lot of our talls that took some time?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #383 on: September 04, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
fair call.  do you reckon he has no future in any position at all?  Or can he be turned around like a lot of our talls that took some time?

I would like to say YES I really would

But honestly my answer is NOPE

The only place I can see him being better and I use that term loosely is as a forward and I don't think there is a postion in our F50 for him because the few times he played there in the last 2 seasons he's got in the way of Jack, which brings up anothe of his other weaknesses - bad reader of the play

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #384 on: September 04, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
I've just pulled the STOP cable on his bandwagon... I want to get off  :lol

I am amazed that we even drafted him

10 FLAGS

« Reply #385 on: September 04, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »

The only place I can see him being better and I use that term loosely is as a forward and I don't think there is a postion in our F50 for him because the few times he played there in the last 2 seasons he's got in the way of Jack, which brings up anothe of his other weaknesses - bad reader of the play

Post is just someone our supporters liked because they thought he looked like Richo. Post should be put up for trade and if theres a taker we should take a deal otherwise he can stay on the list for another 12 months before he too gets delisted.

tony_montana

« Reply #386 on: September 04, 2011, 08:51:19 PM »
Im going to go against the grain and give him another pre season and full season. Its hard enough being a young fella playing afl - game is so damn quick that only the elite juniors stand up early, the rest take a good 30-40 games, add to that Dea's been injured for a lot of the season he'd be nowhere near sharp enough, not surprising at all that he goes to ground and gets covered so quickly. Full pre season, and ill judge next season.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #387 on: September 04, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »
Dea cannot play.don't waste your time RFC.can tell you spray that Rance and Lids gave him wasn't good

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #388 on: September 04, 2011, 08:54:26 PM »
Im going to go against the grain and give him another pre season and full season. Its hard enough being a young fella playing afl - game is so damn quick that only the elite juniors stand up early, the rest take a good 30-40 games, add to that Dea's been injured for a lot of the season he'd be nowhere near sharp enough, not surprising at all that he goes to ground and gets covered so quickly. Full pre season, and ill judge next season.

Look tony_montana, not a doubt in my mind that Dea will get another contract.. the club rate him and I really hope that he proves those of us who don't think he's up to it wrong

But based on the handfull of games he has played I just cannot see it happening ... sadly

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #389 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:38 PM »

Post is just someone our supporters liked because they thought he looked like Richo. Post should be put up for trade and if theres a taker we should take a deal otherwise he can stay on the list for another 12 months before he too gets delisted.

I remember people saying "Post will be a good player who can play back and forward, maybe even on the wing like Richo" ;D We do get a bit excited at times...:o

still have hope for Post but he needs to get a move on next season