Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 139788 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #1170 on: May 22, 2016, 09:03:57 PM »
26 disposals and 15 marks vs StKilda. And actually a good qualitative game.

We kept Hunt. And let him go
Yep, and no one else decided to pick him up either, until the WADA finding, preferring to keep their own duds on the list.

What does that say about us re: our drafting

Another thing is Dea never got a descent crack at senior football like the duds on our list have

I doubt that

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1171 on: May 22, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »
Reckon Dea has more upside to Astbury.

na rubbish. Was hopeless at coburg and has showed nothing compared to THunt.

Week after week he was listed in the best in the VFL last year. Was really consistent.  Astbury - Meh.

Sounds familiar
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1172 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:52 AM »
Appeared that Dea found his level and unfortunately it wasn't AFL. Still should have gotten a better crack though

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1173 on: May 23, 2016, 07:48:16 AM »
Appeared that Dea found his level and unfortunately it wasn't AFL. Still should have gotten a better crack though

He's going well at afl level
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1174 on: May 25, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »
They love him over at bomberblitz .

They hope he stays on the list next year.

Reckon we're idiots for letting him go , think he's a perfect replacement for Chaplin. 

http://www.bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/3490/welcome-to-essendon-matt-dea-barracked-for-us-as-a-kid/p14
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1175 on: May 25, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
And they'd be right

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1176 on: May 25, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »

Reckon we're idiots for letting him go , think he's a perfect replacement for Chaplin. 

http://www.bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/3490/welcome-to-essendon-matt-dea-barracked-for-us-as-a-kid/p14
At 186cm?
I don't think he can be a KPB at that height. He and Batchelor are interchangeable but at 188cm, Batch is a little taller and still can't play on talls.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1177 on: May 25, 2016, 10:59:26 AM »

At 186cm?
I don't think he can be a KPB at that height. He and Batchelor are interchangeable but at 188cm, Batch is a little taller and still can't play on talls.

Bachelor plays on resting ruckman when Dimma wills it ...

Dea can play tall
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:47:08 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1178 on: May 25, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »

At 186cm?
Chaplin never really plays a KPB roll. He plays a "drop off" defender usually on the 3rd tall.
At his best he did it pretty well IMO but those days are long gone. Dea is s better player than Batch and Astbury and has more up side to improve as well. He is a much better athlete which give him the option to play on different sorts of opposition. The other two are one dimensional to put it nicely and not even AFL standard in that.
 Dimma wasn't a fan of his it's that simple. If you think personalitys don't play a roll than your wrong.
I hope he gets better and better and makes Dimma look like a bigger DHead than most already think he is.
Astbury and Batch are both depth players and if it were up to me I'd probably get rid of both at seasons end.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1179 on: May 25, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »

At 186cm?
Chaplin never really plays a KPB roll. He plays a "drop off" defender usually on the 3rd tall.
At his best he did it pretty well IMO but those days are long gone. Dea is s better player than Batch and Astbury and has more up side to improve as well. He is a much better athlete which give him the option to play on different sorts of opposition. The other two are one dimensional to put it nicely and not even AFL standard in that.
 Dimma wasn't a fan of his it's that simple. If you think personalitys don't play a roll than your wrong.
I hope he gets better and better and makes Dimma look like a bigger DHead than most already think he is.
Astbury and Batch are both depth players and if it were up to me I'd probably get rid of both at seasons end.
My point is we need another capable tall down back. We don't need another Dea or Batchelor. When opposition forward lines have two good talls, we struggle. Look at North. They have both Waite and Brown. Rance is shorter than both and can only play on one at a time. That's why I wanted them to give Elton more of a go last year to see if he played better with better players around him. Instead he got just one game and was banished after being played on an in form Cloke.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1180 on: May 25, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »

At 186cm?
My point is we need another capable tall down back. We don't need another Dea or Batchelor. When opposition forward lines have two good talls, we struggle. Look at North. They have both Waite and Brown. Rance is shorter than both and can only play on one at a time. That's why I wanted them to give Elton more of a go last year to see if he played better with better players around him. Instead he got just one game and was banished after being played on an in form Cloke.
What has your point got to do with Dea?
No doubt we need another decent KPD (Hurley)but  Dea would take Batch's roll.
Dea can play on the 3rd tall but also on a medium and small forward. A bit like Grimes can.
Both Grimes and Dea could play in the same backline along with Rance and a Hurley type.
Hawthorn play this type of set up with no real monster KD and do pretty well.  :shh

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1181 on: May 25, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »

At 186cm?
What has your point got to do with Dea?
No doubt we need another decent KPD (Hurley)but  Dea would take Batch's roll.
Dea can play on the 3rd tall but also on a medium and small forward. A bit like Grimes can.
Both Grimes and Dea could play in the same backline along with Rance and a Hurley type.
Hawthorn play this type of set up with no real monster KD and do pretty well.  :shh
my point goes back to the original post which said he could replace Chaplin. I just don't think he plays that role.
Anyway, it's too late. We delisted him. Last year when Newman was spudding it up I wanted us to play Dea. They didn't and it's history.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1182 on: May 25, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
I'd be guessing Y&BB would be alluding to the fact that Dea isn't a solve for our list gaps down back.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1183 on: May 25, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
Who is then? Morris, Batchelor??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1184 on: May 25, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
Dea >>>

Houli
Bach
Chappy
Morris
Hunt