Author Topic: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years [merged]  (Read 37370 times)

Re: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »

I know his older brother Trent who plays in the Ammos.
There not as one eyed richmond as you think I am afraid

:sleep Is there anybody you don't know.

Unlike me, I proudly know nobody.

:thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
gee i have read some crap over the years on this site but this is up there.

Scully not putting his jumper on...dear o dear o dear,

why stop there. I heard Kruzer followed the Tigers there so yep we must still be a chance to grab him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 02:52:56 PM »

Hey, I dont know you , you worth knowing ????? :lol

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »

How's your Italian?

:shh

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »

How's your Italian?

Not flash, yours ????

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 04:21:07 PM »

How's your Italian?

Not flash, yours ????

Getting better, I've been practicing for the trip OS next April (a week in Paris and 5 weeks in Italy)

Hence the change of name.

:cheers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 05:24:43 PM »
gee i have read some crap over the years on this site but this is up there.

Scully not putting his jumper on...dear o dear o dear,

why stop there. I heard Kruzer followed the Tigers there so yep we must still be a chance to grab him.

he was a collingwood supporter actually, you must have been thinking the rocca brothers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »
Yeah your spot on but there are examples where it does happen.

Kids get to go back to there home state, Kane Johnson came to Richmond

It happens, I'm of the opinion if it's a chance lets give us the best chance of getting him

Yeah if their poo and they barracked for Richmond they come.

Furthermore why would a kid risk his future career in football in the hope that a deal is done with the club that he supported as a kid. Sounds far fetched. Only time that may hold sway if there a a number of clubs looking to recruit him in the future if they have had a falling out and even then money and endorsements hold a powerful wand. Money talks in this world. They're only elite footballers for the best part of 12 years and they want to make the most of it financially.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 07:14:02 PM »
The only chance we have of snaring Scully is if we are rock bottom in 3-4 years time, and whilst possible, I don't really want to entertain the thought. I don't think many ambitious football players would want to go to cellardwellars either.

So the only really chance would be if we were schit, Melbourne were schit and Scully was coming off contract.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »
this is a topic is irrelevant at this point in time.
plus its to early to tell if he would even be a player we need in a couple of years if this possiblity even came up.

10 FLAGS

Scully - Whats Next?
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 08:42:06 AM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/young-demon-tom-scully-facing-devil-of-a-dilemma/story-e6frf9jf-1226014386966

By Mike Sheahan

TOM Scully's dilemma, which will get worse before it gets better, is one not of his creation.

Basically, he is a young man driven by the desire to be a great footballer, regardless of the colours he wears.

The truth is he grew up following Richmond - passionately - not Melbourne, the club that grabbed him at No. 1 in the 2009 draft.

The same Melbourne that manipulated results in 2009 to ensure a priority pick, meaning it was guaranteed Scully and Jack Trengove.

Scully now finds himself under enormous pressure as speculation mounts he has committed to Greater Western Sydney from 2012. Or will do so immediately he completes his contract with Melbourne after this season.

If he fronts the media later this week, as expected, it will be a daunting assignment for a young man of 19 with just 21 games to his name.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Not that he is likely to be specific. He will be advised to say nothing more than "I'm contracted to Melbourne in 2011 and I will do the best I can for the football club this year".

Really, there can be no criticism of either party.

Melbourne took advantage of a flawed, if well-intentioned, rule; Scully, if he ends up at GWS, will have done what is commercially expedient.

In pragmatic terms, how could he reject an offer for up to three times as much as Melbourne might offer?

The romantic notion says kids of Scully's age should play for the love of the game and let the dirty business of money take care of itself.

Reality says anyone with a special talent should secure his future on the best possible terms, which means availing himself of as much money as he can get for as long as he can get it. Just for the purposes of the argument, what about $5-6 million for five years?

Those who know say there is more than a little of Nathan Buckley in Scully, and we all know the young Buckley was prepared to endure plenty of pain to get to Collingwood, where he saw opportunity, money and success.
The simple fact is there is a growing divide between players and supporters.

Players play, happy to ply their trade at whichever club offers them an opportunity. Then, if another club comes along with an offer they can't resist, they grab it and run: refer Gary Ablett, Campbell Brown and Jarrod Harbrow.

Maybe Scott Pendlebury or Dale Thomas will follow suit and join GWS, for they will be offered more than double what Collingwood would consider prudent in terms of salary cap constraints and pay relativities with other players.

Supporters, though, inevitably feel cheated. As if the system is failing them. Just like those who went before them - parents and grandparents - they adopt and embrace anyone and everyone who wears their colours.

For better or for worse. It's a marriage. It's forever. Particularly when it's a good player. Which Scully is.

What is even more galling for Melbourne supporters is the thought Scully might be the superstar they have craved for a generation.

Who is the last Melbourne great? The name that always comes up when people discuss legends and heroes.

With due respect to Garry Lyon, Jim Stynes and David Neitz, it probably goes all the way back to Robert Flower, who retired in 1987.

That's why Melbourne supporters are hurting. Scully might be another Flower ... and he might blossom at another club because that's where he can set himself up for life.

I get the feeling that Mike is implying that Scully wants to come to Richmond and he will get to Richmond via GWS if he cant do it any other way. If Scully goes to GWS and his contract is for 2 or 3 years rather than 5 than its on the cards IMHO. It seems to me he doesnt want to be at Melbourne anyway.

gerkin greg

Re: Scully - Whats Next?
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 09:03:40 AM »
Mike wouldn't know if his balls were on fire

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:10 AM »
It would be nice.

The dollars might be good at GWS, but if he really wanted to come to us he could, we'd just have to organise some kind of a trade...

Scully for Foley and our first round pick and maybe the compensation pick to seal the deal...
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »
the truth is here never wanted to be at
Melb.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
Send him to west Skidney.