Author Topic: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years [merged]  (Read 37373 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years [merged]
« on: November 28, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
The Scully family are Richmond mad.
With the 2008 U/18 Carnival gone the Scully family new that Tom would be good enough to be drafted.
With the yellow a dblack flowing through the Scully generations the murmours and jokes of Tom being drafted to Richmond hopefully helping teh starving club and fans (most importantly his family) of success.

Football is a ruthless game and I think Richmond should be throwing the kitchen sink at Scully's management for a future deal.

With things going right you'd think our premiership window would be slightly open in maybe 4 years with Deledio peaking at 25/26 years of age, Cotchin 23/24 etc. Add a 21/22 year old Scully and the fact that he has loved the yellow sash for 18 years and it's all positive.

It just seems like an easy trade and Tom didn't seem overly wrapped about Melbourne, noticed he didn't put the Dees jumper on when he was handed it yet Trengove slipped it on as if he was nude. Free Agency certainly would help :D

The poor kid has been asked I think 4 or 5 times about how he wanted to go to Richmond, more so when Goddard wanted to be drafted to Carlton. Carlton had nothing to offer the Saints for Goddard and I think we're to cocky to go hard for him.

I think planting seeds now would make it easier to do a deal down the track. Simple "You're always welcome at Richmond" phone calls etc.

Go Tiges

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 01:30:59 AM by one-eyed »
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »
it would be nice to shaft Melbourne and snaffle him to where he belongs.  And to polish it off, Port or Adelaide to steal Trengrove off of em LOL :thumbsup
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 09:52:35 AM »
It'd be nice to get him, but i'm pretty sure most drafted kids don't go to a team they barracked for.

Crawford was a mad tiger supporter and stayed a Hawk his whole career.

Judd was a Melbourne supporter, but was only interested in money at Carlton.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
Yeah your spot on but there are examples where it does happen.

Kids get to go back to there home state, Kane Johnson came to Richmond, Robbie Keane got to play for Liverpool.

It happens, I'm of the opinion if it's a chance lets give us the best chance of getting him
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
It would be nice...l mean fantastic to se him at the club but unfortunately we would probably have to give up one of those players you mentioned like, Deledio or Cotchin, remember he went at number 1 so they would want the same in return.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:29:54 AM »
Put this in another thread but probably better off here.

THis is what I thought of Scullys Mums face when his name was called....She had that look of happiness that her son had been picked up but she also had that look that she wished he had gone to the Tiges.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »
I think people are reading too much into him not putting on the jumper
He was the last to receive it and was the only one interviewed after his selection, he then went straight to the lineup to get the photo taken so the next pick could be taken.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:16:19 AM »
2 words. Free agency.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »
Sorry to rain on your parade Popelord but I would suggest that the Scully family became "one eyed Demons" over night.
Unleash the tornado

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
With the 2008 U/18 Carnival gone the Scully family new that Tom would be good enough to be drafted.
With the yellow a dblack flowing through the Scully generations the murmours and jokes of Tom being drafted to Richmond hopefully helping teh starving club and fans (most importantly his family) of success.

Football is a ruthless game and I think Richmond should be throwing the kitchen sink at Scully's management for a future deal.

With things going right you'd think our premiership window would be slightly open in maybe 4 years with Deledio peaking at 25/26 years of age, Cotchin 23/24 etc. Add a 21/22 year old Scully and the fact that he has loved the yellow sash for 18 years and it's all positive.

It just seems like an easy trade and Tom didn't seem overly wrapped about Melbourne, noticed he didn't put the Dees jumper on when he was handed it yet Trengove slipped it on as if he was nude. Free Agency certainly would help :D

The poor kid has been asked I think 4 or 5 times about how he wanted to go to Richmond, more so when Goddard wanted to be drafted to Carlton. Carlton had nothing to offer the Saints for Goddard and I think we're to cocky to go hard for him.

I think planting seeds now would make it easier to do a deal down the track. Simple "You're always welcome at Richmond" phone calls etc.

Go Tiges

what happened was every top 10 draftee was presented with their jumper on stage but everyone just held it up for the cameras without putting it on and then walked off the stage.  Since scully was the last one presented and had to do the interview on stage straight away. Straight after the interview, the rest of the top 10 came on with their jumpers on which they had put on backstage.  Hence it seemed like scully was the only one who didn't put on the jumper.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
unfortunately there's little place for romance in footy these days..FORGET IT...Best way to look at it is for every one we lose from the flock we gain 5 or more that have NEVER had roots with the TIGERS...WELCOME I say :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »

Go Tiges

Dustin Martin was asked in his interview who he barracked for. Stkilda was the answer with a wry grin. How would you feel if St Kilda officials started planting the seeds with him with 'you're always welcome at St Kilda' phone calls etc.
It would be a very dangerous precedent to set and would only make life tougher for the kids involved. I'm sure he would have accepted the fact quite a while ago that he would become a demon and should be left alone to concentrate on establishing himself as an AFL footballer, as should all draftees.
If there was any seeds of discontent, the last thing he needs is the distraction of Richmond officials participating in some mercenary white ant campaign.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »

Go Tiges

I know his older brother Trent who plays in the Ammos.
There not as one eyed richmond as you think I am afraid

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 02:31:33 PM »
i get the impression that few aspiring league footballers have the same passion about select clubs as armchair experts like us...as I said the romance has gone from AFL when zoning went out the door and drafting came in
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »
Scully has been devastated by the on field performances of the Tiges lately, just like the rest of us.
He is in the unique position of being able to do something about it, albeit in 2 years time.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine