Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 230784 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 04:15:56 PM »
Dont know if Didak was staging, looked like he had the wind knocked out of his sails to me. I cant work out how King didnt get a free kick when three blokes jumped on him and one had him around the neck  ???

Go back a few seconds and King should have gotten a free for tackling Didak and causing him to drop the ball.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »
Video says more about J. Bowden than anything else unfortunately - a persons character crystallized in a single moment where his teammate has three blokes on him and he's standing there watching.

Yep not a good look by Joel.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
Video says more about J. Bowden than anything else unfortunately - a persons character crystallized in a single moment where his teammate has three blokes on him and he's standing there watching.

Yep not a good look by Joel.

Reckon he would say the same too if he watched it back mate

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
typical feral Collingwood. always quick to cry foul, but they're only too happy to dish it out, in this case to a player with no history against them (unlike Kingy haha). Cloke is a whinging little sook who deserves every hit he gets, and Maxwell is not exactly perfect either! i wonder if Travis Choke would be as quick to pick a fight with or "dob in" someone like say, Barry Hall or Jonathan Brown...
Push up!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2010, 02:25:38 AM »
Tiger cub to debut
The Age
August 25, 2010

RICHMOND's young defender Dylan Grimes is likely to make his debut against Port Adelaide on Sunday, becoming the 42nd player the Tigers have used this season.

Grimes would also, amazingly, be the 12th player to have made his AFL debut for the club this year.

''Dylan was best on ground in the VFL last week and he is a strong chance to play this week,'' Richmond general manager of football Craig Cameron said yesterday. ''He has been good for some time.''

A brother of impressive Melbourne running defender Jack Grimes, Dylan, 19, who was taken in the pre-season draft last year, is taller than his older sibling and is more of a likely key-position player.

As with Jack, he has poise and composure and has pace and confidence to play a rebounding role.

Given their lowly position, the Tigers have made the decision to put a large number of players in for surgery so they will be ready for pre-season training.

Grimes, 19, has made rapid progress in the VFL in recent weeks with a best-on-ground performance for Coburg on Saturday.

He will replace first-year player David Astbury, who has had hip surgery.

"He (Grimes) is a key back.

"He's quick and happy to defend, but also keen to create some rebound with his leg speed," Cameron said.

The teenager received a rude introduction to league football when he was allegedly bitten on the back by a Collingwood opponent in a practice match at Visy Park in March.

The Tigers chose not to lodge a complaint.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-cub-to-debut-20100824-13qef.html
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/no-farewell-game-for-jordan-mcmahon/story-e6frf9jf-1225909627449

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2010, 07:04:12 AM »
Wishing him the best of luck for a long and successful career at the club.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 07:22:39 AM »
lol he was toofthed/gummed on the back by a collingwood opponent wtf?  Where do they recruit these classy troglodytes from?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:12 AM »
lol he was toofthed/gummed on the back by a collingwood opponent wtf?  Where do they recruit these classy troglodytes from?

We couldn't lodge a complaint because the chances of identifying the culprit from a bite mark containing one tooth was considered near impossible when dealing with Collingwood.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:09:27 AM by smokey_58au »

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 07:41:45 AM »
yeah and dna was impossible, those mouths contain more bacteria than a komodo dragon bite lol
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 09:58:14 AM »
Well done Grimesy! WTF happened to Astbury? Guess Thursfield has come up alright then.

Ramps

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:22 AM »
Well done Grimesy! WTF happened to Astbury? Guess Thursfield has come up alright then.

thats a bloody good question Gerk what the stuff happened to Astbury?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 01:06:04 PM »
Grimes is a reasonable height too at 193cm. Could be great long term prospect. We have a lot of talented defenders in the mix which will add much needed competition for spots over the next few years.

I'm interested to see what type of players he is (ie is he mobile, attacking, defensive etc)

Stripes

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »
Grimes is a reasonable height too at 193cm. Could be great long term prospect. We have a lot of talented defenders in the mix which will add much needed competition for spots over the next few years.

I'm interested to see what type of players he is (ie is he mobile, attacking, defensive etc)

Stripes

From what I've seen of him at Coburg, I reckon he'll give us a lot of run out of defence with his pace. I believe he started his career on the wing. Like Astbury, I reckon he reads the game really well too.

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »

thats a bloody good question Gerk what the eff happened to Astbury?

He went in for surgery, hip I think.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »
lol he was toofthed/gummed on the back by a collingwood opponent wtf?  Where do they recruit these classy troglodytes from?

It was the match where Jake King got two weeks for striking Travis Cloke based on Cloke's evidence as there was no video.

In his first game for Richmond, Dylan Grimes was bitten by Travis Cloke (a known offender). Jake King, as a leader of the young player group last year, took offence to this and when confronted Travis verbally abused him and shoved him away. King retaliated to this assault with a punch and was promptly jumped on by their ruckman Fraser and others. Note that the Cloke and King families in the stands almost got to blows as well.