Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 235455 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Grimes up and about
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Wed 27 Jul, 2011

Not even a season-ending hamstring injury can dampen the enthusiasm promising, young defender Dylan Grimes is feeling about his playing future at Richmond.

Grimes, who suffered the major hamstring tear in the Round 9 Dreamtime clash with Essendon, recently signed a new two-year deal with the Tigers, and he couldn’t be happier.

“I’m absolutely rapt.  Although in recent weeks we haven’t really shown it, we’re moving forward, so I’m excited to be part of the group,” he said in a ‘Roar Vision’ interview on the Club’s website this week.

“With the Club culture we’ve got going, and the steps forward that we’ve taken this year, there are a lot of young guys really enthusiastic about the future. “It’s just a really vibrant and exciting place to be around.”

The 20-year-old, who was a standout in defence during seven senior
appearances for Richmond this year, after making his senior league debut in the final home-and-away round match of the 2010 season, has turned his injury setback into a positive.

“The hamstring’s going along really well and the few weeks off that I’ve had has given me the chance to put on some size in the gym and work on a few core exercises . . .” he said.

“So, technically speaking, this has been a great opportunity for me to get my body right in a few areas.”

And, Grimes can’t wait to get back out on the field of battle for the Tigers.

“The few games that I played this year really gave me that desire, that urge, to get back out there as soon as I can and I’m really, really excited about next season, he said.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/119526/default.aspx

gerkin greg

« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2011, 04:36:55 PM »
hopefully he's not as injury prone as his brother

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2011, 05:01:17 PM »
Grimes up and about
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Wed 27 Jul, 2011

“.... the few weeks off that I’ve had has given me the chance to put on some size in the gym and work on a few core exercises . . .” he said.

“So, technically speaking, this has been a great opportunity for me to get my body right in a few areas.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/119526/default.aspx

This is good news.

For too long oir injured players haven't used their time off to hit the weights.

Well done Grimey.  :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2011, 10:00:06 PM »
Grimes up and about
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Wed 27 Jul, 2011

Not even a season-ending hamstring injury can dampen the enthusiasm promising, young defender Dylan Grimes is feeling about his playing future at Richmond.

Grimes, who suffered the major hamstring tear in the Round 9 Dreamtime clash with Essendon, recently signed a new two-year deal with the Tigers, and he couldn’t be happier.

“I’m absolutely rapt.  Although in recent weeks we haven’t really shown it, we’re moving forward, so I’m excited to be part of the group,” he said in a ‘Roar Vision’ interview on the Club’s website this week.

“With the Club culture we’ve got going, and the steps forward that we’ve taken this year, there are a lot of young guys really enthusiastic about the future. “It’s just a really vibrant and exciting place to be around.”

The 20-year-old, who was a standout in defence during seven senior
appearances for Richmond this year, after making his senior league debut in the final home-and-away round match of the 2010 season, has turned his injury setback into a positive.

“The hamstring’s going along really well and the few weeks off that I’ve had has given me the chance to put on some size in the gym and work on a few core exercises . . .” he said.

And, Grimes can’t wait to get back out on the field of battle for the Tigers.

“The few games that I played this year really gave me that desire, that urge, to get back out there as soon as I can and I’m really, really excited about next season, he said.”

Best thing i have read on here for ages!. Now this is a kid we can build our side aroud. Great attitude and will be a star!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »
Good to see Grimesy is back training  :thumbsup

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »
He got a taste for it this year. Hopefully(I expect him to) puts in the hard yards over the pre-season. Anything can happen next year.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
Bigger core and thighs, those hips don't lie.

Hopefully will hit the upper body weights over the summer

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
His first kick didn't go far  ;D, he stills needs to build up a lot of strength.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2011, 01:30:48 PM »
His first kick didn't go far  ;D,

LOL, pure gold

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
Not sure if he's been on yet but Grimesy is on the TAC Cup Future Star show which is on now.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »
Was on right at the start of the show.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
Damn!

Ta CUB. Did Grimesy mention how he was going as far as coming back from that hammy?

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2011, 02:06:21 PM »
Damn!

Ta CUB. Did Grimesy mention how he was going as far as coming back from that hammy?

Does TAC cup have a ninemsn website where you can watch the show like footy classified if you;ve missed it?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2011, 02:37:46 PM »
Does TAC cup have a ninemsn website where you can watch the show like footy classified if you;ve missed it?
I think some interviews are posted on youtube. I couldn't find anything on the Ch 9 website.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
I think some interviews are posted on youtube. I couldn't find anything on the Ch 9 website.

I surfed around looking for one as well after I posted and didn't have any luck finding one either.