Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 233993 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #976 on: August 30, 2019, 10:07:55 AM »
Has Claw posted since the bye ??
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #977 on: August 30, 2019, 11:35:06 AM »
Has Claw posted since the bye ??

I think he only posted then because he was expecting a loss the next week but it didnt happen

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #978 on: August 30, 2019, 02:17:47 PM »

I hear he’s been working on a few book ideas in between losses.

“Dylan Grimes and his untold battle with softness”

“Papering over the cracks - the Richmond Story”

“Never too tall - Why your club should have 57 key position players on its list, minimum.”

Among others...

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #979 on: August 30, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
“List management. The Demons that are Melbourne”

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #980 on: August 30, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »

I hear he’s been working on a few book ideas in between losses.

“Dylan Grimes and his untold battle with softness”

“Never too tall - Why your club should have 57 key position players on its list, minimum.”

Among others...
:lol :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #981 on: August 30, 2019, 08:57:41 PM »
“Glass half full types.....the downside”

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #982 on: August 30, 2019, 11:56:17 PM »

Geez, how many pages can a book have?

This one would require a 7-part series like that Harry Potter poo
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #983 on: August 31, 2019, 12:01:28 AM »
"I'm a Talent Spotter and The List Manager's Stoned...." :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #984 on: August 31, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »
 :lol

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #985 on: August 31, 2019, 09:50:30 AM »
“Glass half full types.....the downside”

:snidegrin
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #986 on: August 31, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »
List Management for Dummies

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #987 on: September 01, 2019, 04:50:16 AM »
Grimes set for re-match with Cameron

The Age
30 Aug 2019

Richmond defender Dylan Grimes says he didn't notice Brisbane forward Charlie Cameron's frustration with his close-checking defensive style.

When their teams faced off in round 23, Grimes kept the Lions forward to two goals, with Cameron appearing frustrated at times by the Tiger's physical approach.

"I didn't even know it was happening to be honest," Grimes said on Friday.

"I sensed that he was a bit frustrated - not at me or the umpires at any stage, but mainly their stifled ball movement, I guess that we were able to get going through our team defence.

"But I mean, finals, as I've said, it's a different beast, and it's going to be really high pressure and in terms of ball movement it's quick out there as well - it's likely to be a bit warmer ... a bit dryer.

"So yeah, I think it can be a completely different game and probably one that maybe suits that free-flowing game style that he might be looking for a bit more. But who knows, we'll see."

Cameron's influence was relatively limited against Richmond, with the small forward restricted to just seven disposals.

But Grimes credited that to a team defence, and stressed facing Cameron at the Gabba posed a fresh challenge.

"I don't think I really did a number on him to be honest, he still got a couple of goals," Grimes said.

"But I think we play a brand of defence and the match-up has been spoken about a little bit but yeah, there was times when Bachar [Houli] was playing on him and there was other defenders playing on him and vice versa.

"We play a very rotational-based system and we don't back in any one-v-one match-up. We never really go into any game with a one-v-one focus.

"Yeah, he's definitely a great player. And I learned first hand [if] you give him a couple of sniffs, he's able to capitalise but yeah, I think it'll be a big hit out up there on their home deck - big crowd for them as well. So, who knows what he might get up to."

The Tigers have had to readjust defensively this year with Alex Rance's injury-enforced absence but Grimes said he felt Richmond's defence was well-settled heading into finals.

"The back six - we've really felt like we've been building throughout the whole year really," he said.

"And it's sort of been a constant trajectory upwards, we've felt, and our connection's been getting tighter and tighter as we get more used to the change in personnel and that sort of thing.

"But the team's been relatively settled for the last six or eight weeks and that's helped as well."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/grimes-set-for-re-match-with-cameron-20190830-p52mex.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #988 on: September 02, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »
Brisbane still sooking to pressure the umps to deliberately target Grimesy  :thumbsdown.

---------------------------------------------------------

A fortnight of publicity and complaints on behalf of Cameron will have the umpires on red alert, but Grimes gave away only 16 free kicks in 21 games this home-and-away season.

“Charlie will be looking for a big one. Grimes did a great job with what was very, very close checking.

“The umpires will be aware there was some disappointment from the Lions about the holding. It wasn’t paid so they will checking again and this time if they are there will be paid, I am sure.”

Cameron has won 23 free kicks for the year and given away 23, with Fagan urging him mid-game to get on the move to break the Grimes sleeper hold.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/alastair-lynch-urges-lions-to-adopt-famous-leigh-matthews-mantra-against-richmond/news-story/27b8c277a8eaa8e851098c653845bedd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #989 on: September 02, 2019, 07:58:19 PM »
Cameron got no where near it. Don’t know where all this holding bs is coming from.

Even for his first goal he was beaten by grimes just got a very fortunate bounce that took grimes out of the picture. His second goal was junk time stuff.