Author Topic: Hardwick won't nominate individuals flying this preseason (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5728 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL boys of summer
Katherine Firkin
Herald Sun
December 28, 2009

THEY'RE enjoying a holiday from the training track, but just how is your team travelling ahead of season 2010?

RICHMOND

Pre-season started: October 26

Christmas break from: December 21

Players return: January 4

Training notes

The Tigers travelled to the Surf Coast for three days where activities included an extreme boot camp at Bells Beach and cycling through the hills around Lorne.

Pre-season has boasted the most number of new faces since the draft was introduced in 1986.

December flyer

No nomination. The club said new coach Damien Hardwick wanted to focus on the team and not individuals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-boys-of-summer/story-e6frf9jf-1225814022248

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Hardwick won't nominate individuals flying this preseason (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:40:47 AM »
Is the right noises or should I say lack of noises from Punt Rd.
Dare I dream  :pray

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
AFL boys of summer
Katherine Firkin
Herald Sun
December 28, 2009

THEY'RE enjoying a holiday from the training track, but just how is your team travelling ahead of season 2010?

RICHMOND

Pre-season started: October 26

Christmas break from: December 21

Players return: January 4

Training notes

The Tigers travelled to the Surf Coast for three days where activities included an extreme boot camp at
Bells Beach and cycling through the hills around Lorne.
Pre-season has boasted the most number of new faces since the draft was introduced in 1986.

December flyer

No nomination. The club said new coach Damien Hardwick wanted to focus on the team and not individuals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-boys-of-summer/story-e6frf9jf-1225814022248

firkin unbelieveable
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 09:42:47 AM »
and some of you doubted Harwdwick in preference for that softie Rawlings ;D

This guy is just what we needed.

I believe we are on the money with this bloke
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
Such a rubbish news paper the Hun

Moi

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »

Yeah, great bloke, he's got nothing nice to say about our players
Great coach  :rollin

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 11:22:50 AM »

you just proved you have no idea.

Cats obviously feel there players are useless too. Balme said the same thing about the Cats. Premiership team has no idea too. :clapping

every year i hear about how good this person is doing and how good that person is doing, well guess what we are still no where and still end up not playing finals.

IMO this is what we need. No sugar coating, no pats on the back because you have done well in December. Talk is cheap i would rather coach let the players do the talking on the field

Moi

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »

Cats obviously feel there players are useless too. Balme said the same thing about the Cats. Premiership team has no idea too. :clapping

every year i hear about how good this person is doing and how good that person is doing, well guess what we are still no where and still end up not playing finals.

IMO this is what we need. No sugar coating, no pats on the back because you have done well in December. Talk is cheap i would rather coach let the players do the talking on the field
You idiot, that's Hardwick-speak for no-one is any good
And you took it as a great strategy haha

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 11:45:15 AM »

as i said you have NFI, but then again i expected nothing less.

He knows in his own mind who can play and who cant. He also knows who is training well so why the stuff does he have to broadcast it like your lovechild terry did time and time again. These softies need to earn praise in season proper not get it handed to them by a solid December or Jan

Its no surprise the other teams who adopted the Hardwick approach include Cats, Pies and saints. 3 out of the top 4 teams.

Everything Hardwick has done since he arrived is something new and i am rapt with his performance so far.

Moi

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »

as i said you have NFI, but then again i expected nothing less.

He knows in his own mind who can play and who cant. He also knows who is training well so why the eff does he have to broadcast it like your lovechild terry did time and time again. These softies need to earn praise in season proper not get it handed to them by a solid December or Jan

Its no surprise the other teams who adopted the Hardwick approach include Cats, Pies and saints. 3 out of the top 4 teams.

Everything Hardwick has done since he arrived is something new and i am rapt with his performance so far.
Of course you're happy with him
He's done eff all except make a stupid statement anyone with a coaching manual could have said lol
He should have just said nothing if he wants to send a message.
YOu'd buy anything DAniel  :sleep

Hardwick = Harvey

Ramps

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 12:07:59 PM »

It was unbelievable what was happening Daniel. Some even started up an internet campaign to try and pressure the club to appoint Rawlings. Afew of us, just afew held strong and wanted Hardwick to take over. Thank god we got a young bloke whose fair dinkum about coaching and not a wordsmith who just talks the talk and trys to sound good. Hardwicks will be the best coach weve had since Hafey.

Moi

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

It was unbelievable what was happening Daniel. Some even started up an internet campaign to try and pressure the club to appoint Rawlings. Afew of us, just afew held strong and wanted Hardwick to take over. Thank god we got a young bloke whose fair dinkum about coaching and not a wordsmith who just talks the talk and trys to sound good. Hardwicks will be the best coach weve had since Hafey.
Why

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:55 PM »
Why

1) He doesnt talk crap, 2) He understands successful gameplans and will introduce them to us,
3) He is a leader, 4) He is placing emphasis on teaching rather just talking, 5) He has a plan and will stick to it unlike every other coach weve had since god knows when. 6) He will work the players hard and 7) Anyone who doesnt carry out instructions will get the arse

And thats just for starters

Moi

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
Why

1) He doesnt talk crap, 2) He understands successful gameplans and will introduce them to us,
3) He is a leader, 4) He is placing emphasis on teaching rather just talking, 5) He has a plan and will stick to it unlike every other coach weve had since god knows when.

And thats just for starters

The Carlton game is a must win.
They are decimated
And it wouldn't be hard to be the best coach since Hafey, we haven't had too many  ::)
Doesn't mean he will be any good
I'll wait and see first before I make any stupid calls like this

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
With all due respect Hardwicks career as Richmond coach will not come down to whether or not we win against Carlton in R1.