Author Topic: 98 draft doco  (Read 3436 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
98 draft doco
« on: November 10, 2004, 04:28:30 AM »
Switched on the tv this morning on Ch. 2 and they had a doco on the 98 draft (gods knows why it was on ???). Anyway the show followed Headland, Fevola and Ramanaskus through the U18 champs, the draft camp and the draft itself and finally their first year in the AFL.

It showed how much the draft is a lottery in some ways. Headland as a 17 year old was a clear number 1 whereas now his an AFL regular but no superstar. Rama went at 12 when no phantom draft had him in the top 20 while Fevola went late at around 40ish when he was tipped as a first rounder.

lol @ one recruiter saying Fevola wouldn't make it as a FF. Well before Pagan came along he did do stuff all.

Sheeds sends a written letter to every player he drops from the bombers side of where they are at.

There was nothing on the Tiges but that's probably because that was the draft where we gave up picks 8 and 24 for Hilton and Bidders  :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 98 draft doco
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 12:40:41 PM »
Switched on the tv this morning on Ch. 2 and they had a doco on the 98 draft (gods knows why it was on ???). Anyway the show followed Headland, Fevola and Ramanaskus through the U18 champs, the draft camp and the draft itself and finally their first year in the AFL.

I think that's the doco that Fox Footy are showing in November as well.

Fevola sound like a twit back then just as he does now ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 98 draft doco
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 02:55:21 PM »
Fevola sound like a twit back then just as he does now ;D

Yep he was  ;D. Skinny bugger then as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd