Author Topic: We'll be better than last year  (Read 6783 times)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
We'll be better than last year
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »
We were terrible in Round 1 and 3 and the last 4 games of 2009. Alot of the reason for that was in the first 4 and last 4 games we were playing 5, 6 or 7 of the likes of Brown, Bowden, Raines, Mcmahon, Coughlan, Simmonds, Schulz, Tuck in the same games. We were slowed down as a team due to too much lack of pace, composure, skill, urgency, hardness etc. During Rounds 5-18 we looked a lot more lively with alot less of these players in the team. They were replaced by Cotchin, Thursfield, Collins, Post, Graham, Vickery, Rance, Polo, Cousins in this middle period where we won 5 games and a draw(which we should have won), while losing to Port when we should have won. So we really could have had 7 wins and gave Carlton and Adelaide a push in this period too. But in the last 4 games some of our young players such as Foley, Collins, Cotchin, Graham got injured and Post, Vickery were given a rest while the older brigade of Brown, Bowden, Mcmahon, Coughlan, Simmonds, Tuck came back into the side for some farewell games. So we should be expecting the form shown from Rounds 5-18, but expect more than that considering Post, Vickery, Cotchin missed about half that period too. So we should expect to have all these kids fit as well as Foley who missed the last 2 months of 2009. Add to that the great step taken by Edwards in the last 8 weeks last year and the addition of Martin who looks ready made for afl. We are looking at a young group who would have won 7 games in that 14 week period last year plus other wins from the remaining 8 games. 1 or 2 teams we beat last year may surprise us this year, but we'll surprise other teams who beat us last year. No reason not to expect 8 or more wins in 2010  :cheers
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:04:53 AM by MADTIGER2010 »

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: We'll be better than last year
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »
We'll be better than last year

well we couldn't be much worse, or could we :rollin

waiting for the vitriol now   :whistle :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:34:06 PM »
We were terrible in Round 1 and 3 and the last 4 games of 2009. Alot of the reason for than was in the first 4 and last 4 games we were playing 5, 6 or 7 of the likes of Brown, Bowden, Raines, Mcmahon, Coughlan, Simmonds, Schulz, Tuck in the same games. We were slowed down as a team due to too much lack of pace, composure, skill, urgency, hardness etc. During Rounds 5-18 we looked a lot more lively with alot less of these players in the team. They were replaced by Cotchin, Thursfield, Collins, Post, Graham, Vickery, Rance, Polo, Cousins in this middle period where we won 5 games and a draw(which we should have won), while losing to Port when we should have won. So we really could have had 7 wins and gave Carlton and Adelaide a push in this period too. But in the last 4 games some of our young players such as Foley, Collins, Cotchin, Graham got injured and Post, Vickery were given a rest while the older brigade of Brown, Bowden, Mcmahon, Coughlan, Simmonds, Tuck came back into the side for some farewell games. So we should be expecting the form shown from Rounds 5-18, but expect more than that considering Post, Vickery, Cotchin missed about half that period too. So we should expect to have all these kids fit as well as Foley who missed the last 2 months of 2009. Add to that the great step taken by Edwards in the last 8 weeks last year and the addition of Martin who looks ready made for afl. We are looking at a young group who would have won 7 games in that 14 week period last year plus other wins from the remaining 8 games. 1 or 2 teams we beat last may surprise us this year, but we'll surprise other teams who beat us last year. No reason not to expect 8 or more wins in 2010  :cheers

we finish with 8 wins and IMO the season will be a waste and we would've learnnt nothing from the previous 30 years.

I dont want to win 8 games i just want to see us play with fight, not these weak pathetic efforts i  see year after year.

Great step taken by Edwards!! The only step he needs to take is in the weights room. He still has a lot of work to do to be classified as a player
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »
Please don't start posting here too, MT.  It's my one refuge from your posts.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »

+1.

OERs innocence has been lost.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »

Not a happy reunion Danong?

I actually like his optimistic approach even if it is a little deluded. :rollin

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:12:41 PM »

+1.

OERs innocence has been lost.

Dont let Jack see that TA you will upset him.

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 11:00:19 PM »
IMO we will do well this year despite what most you Tiger supporters and the rest of the world say.
Its time for a heap of faith in the coach and what hes doing for the club and if you dont buy a membership this year it will be your loss!!
Should be a ripper season. I know we had a cnt of a season last year but i saw a lot of good signs.
 :gotigers 2010!!!! Eat em alive.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »
IMO we will do well this year despite what most you Tiger supporters and the rest of the world say.
Its time for a heap of faith in the coach and what hes doing for the club and if you dont buy a membership this year it will be your loss!!
Should be a ripper season. I know we had a cnt of a season last year but i saw a lot of good signs.
 :gotigers 2010!!!! Eat em alive.

Finally, great post and lets hope so. I am with you Harro...... :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 01:57:14 AM »

Not a happy reunion Danong?

I actually like his optimistic approach even if it is a little deluded. :rollin
Of course we'll be better than last year.  We can't possibly be worse.  We don't need threads like this.

Ox

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 02:51:59 AM »
In short - we're fahked!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 09:01:44 AM »
I really think we will surprise

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »
We were terrible in Round 1 and 3 and the last 4 games of 2009. Alot of the reason for than was in the first 4 and last 4 games we were playing 5, 6 or 7 of the likes of Brown, Bowden, Raines, Mcmahon, Coughlan, Simmonds, Schulz, Tuck in the same games. We were slowed down as a team due to too much lack of pace, composure, skill, urgency, hardness etc. During Rounds 5-18 we looked a lot more lively with alot less of these players in the team. They were replaced by Cotchin, Thursfield, Collins, Post, Graham, Vickery, Rance, Polo, Cousins in this middle period where we won 5 games and a draw(which we should have won), while losing to Port when we should have won. So we really could have had 7 wins and gave Carlton and Adelaide a push in this period too. But in the last 4 games some of our young players such as Foley, Collins, Cotchin, Graham got injured and Post, Vickery were given a rest while the older brigade of Brown, Bowden, Mcmahon, Coughlan, Simmonds, Tuck came back into the side for some farewell games. So we should be expecting the form shown from Rounds 5-18, but expect more than that considering Post, Vickery, Cotchin missed about half that period too. So we should expect to have all these kids fit as well as Foley who missed the last 2 months of 2009. Add to that the great step taken by Edwards in the last 8 weeks last year and the addition of Martin who looks ready made for afl. We are looking at a young group who would have won 7 games in that 14 week period last year plus other wins from the remaining 8 games. 1 or 2 teams we beat last may surprise us this year, but we'll surprise other teams who beat us last year. No reason not to expect 8 or more wins in 2010  :cheers

The factual logic of your post will escape many on here MT2010 but it's good to know a few of us see it this way.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 10:00:34 AM »
In short - we're fahked!

Ok let's have a look  ;)
1st midfield-Delidio Cotchin Foley
Rotations-Cousins Tambling Martin Jackson Collins
Looks pretty potent to me  ;D

Here's my 22

FB Edwards Thursfield Newman
HB Tambling Mcguane Rance
C Collins Cotchin White
HF Cousins Post King
FF Nahas Reiwoldt Morton
FOLL Graham Deledio Foley
INT Vickery Martin Farmer Jackson

Edwards definately looks bigger this year and his last 2 months of 2009 were impressive. Thursty and Mcguane look a bit bigger this year too. Hopefully both have hit 90kg or will by April. Solid defence who won't be under as much pressure because of a much better midfield in 2010 minus Tuck and Coughlan. We've pretty much got 2 new additions to the midfield with Martin and Cotchin. Cotch played about 2 quality games last year because he didn't have the fitness or match practice to perform anywhere near his best in the first few games when he came back. Foley and the improving Collins missed most of the 2nd half of 2009 too. Better midfield with the improving Graham and Vickery taking the ruck. Reiwoldt looks bigger too and I have full confidence he is ready for a pretty consistent season with Cousins and Morton contributing well. We'll be relying on Post and Nahas to continue their strong signs. Some will complain about White and King in the side but they will probably be our best choices to take those spots come Round 1

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
i'm very confident we will improve on LY,  in R1 we'll have Foley, Cotch and Collins into the midfield,  all of which missed 2H of 09 season and that's notwithstanding the impact of a single recruit or a NEW coach...  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled