Author Topic: Deledio needs to go to the next level this year: Robbo  (Read 3369 times)

the claw

Re: Deledio needs to go to the next level this year: Robbo
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »
When Cotchin becomes injury free and Martin starts to contribute we will see Lids become a much better player. One player cant do it on his own .........

And when all that happens watch Foley 'appear' to step up also!

foley will struggle to get a game even if fit if all our mids liv eup to their potential
cuz, cotch, deledio, tambling, martin, and we have guys with beter foot skills lik emorton, polo , nahas, who can rotate through

foley will be found out this yr if not next
sheesh i know foleys footskills leave a bit to be desired but to imply nahas and polo are better kicks is a bit rich. and mortons set shots at goal is terrible atm. oh and i still think tambling better value coming off hb.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »
If Foley is at his best he will not struggle to get a game

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
does Brett have a next level to go to.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »
When Cotchin becomes injury free and Martin starts to contribute we will see Lids become a much better player. One player cant do it on his own .........

foley will struggle to get a game even if fit if all our mids liv eup to their potential
cuz, cotch, deledio, tambling, martin, and we have guys with beter foot skills lik emorton, polo , nahas, who can rotate through

sheesh i know foleys footskills leave a bit to be desired but to imply nahas and polo are better kicks is a bit rich. and mortons set shots at goal is terrible atm. oh and i still think tambling better value coming off hb.

polo is a much better kick on both sides than foley, and is a hard nut also, polo is very underrated and will break out this yr under hardwick
morton is a great kick, wallace screwed him, and he is a great onballer too and will play more mid this yr
nahas finds the goals, foley dosnt,
foleys spot isnt safe

Ox

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 01:40:40 AM »
Foley is  poo.

If he wasn'y such a nice bloke he would be gone
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:11:59 AM by one-eyed »

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 11:40:34 AM »
does Brett have a next level to go to.

I think he does, but this year will go a long way to determining whether he does. He's a sesoned campaigner with over 100 games experience. Has to step up again and show an ability to carry us fwd,  I know we demand a lot from him but that bc we feel he has all the tools to be elite.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 11:43:20 AM »
Foley is  poo.

If he wasn'y such a nice bloke he would be gone

Agreed.

Should have been traded this offseason or the one before (where we would have got a 1st round pick)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
Why would we get a 1st round pick for a player that is "poo"?

Offline tigergirl09

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
'welcome' back TT2!! ;)

the claw

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »

polo is a much better kick on both sides than foley, and is a hard nut also, polo is very underrated and will break out this yr under hardwick
morton is a great kick, wallace screwed him, and he is a great onballer too and will play more mid this yr
nahas finds the goals, foley dosnt,
foleys spot isnt safe
polo has always been an ordinary kick.  and hes not underrated. 6th yr in and here we are still talking about a break out yr. last chance hotel the way i see it. heres hoping.

morton i agree should also be developed thru the midfield.  have said it even when he was at the eagles.
 i disagree his set shot at goal,  it  is atm poo. his footskills are very good but set shots.

and i dont believe wallace has screwed any one, he could not get a game at the eagles. for good reason as well.
wallace has given him an opportunity. 40 odd games in two seasons and 42 goals in a season for a small/med forward id say hes come along quite well under wallace. if morton wishes to play midfield he has to do the work, no one can do it for him.

sheesh i know nahas has become one of the supporters darlings but  hes no polished gem.for the role he plays i think he needs to somehow improve his footskills a fair bit.and im not having a go at him either he adds to the team atm but i think we can and must do better in time.

and foley yep another whos kicking is ordinary but his real role is at the bottom of packs getting it out. how many do we have that does this.
i will cut him some slack as well. most players struggle when carrying injury.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
It was interesting that Hardwick went with Lids, Cotch and Martin as the main centresquare mids. If we can add a further quality mid into the rotation next draft then this will help Lids. Opposition coaches won't in time be able to tag them all. At the moment Lids is copping the main tag because the other 15 senior coaches see him as our main midfield threat to them. Our only midfield threat really with Foley injured and nowhere near 100%.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd