Author Topic: MCG new stand  (Read 1643 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
MCG new stand
« on: November 13, 2004, 10:26:54 PM »
I notice that Collingwood will have their new members area in the Ponsford stand at the MCG  ready for 2005. We of course despite being tenants there since 1965 get treated just like any other club  ::). Really think this is short sighted planning by the MCC based solely on us being crap now. If we get our act together and start winning games history shows Richmond score the biggest home crowds. Also it was only 5 years ago that we had more members than the Pies and they call us bandwagoners  :sleep. Crowd numbers can change quickly - just look at the Saints.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: MCG new stand
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 12:37:14 AM »
It is our own fault. We turned down an opportunity to base our social rooms at the G but those in charge believed they could make Punt Rd oval a big money spinner. Personally can't see how

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004, 04:35:59 PM »
It is our own fault. We turned down an opportunity to base our social rooms at the G but those in charge believed they could make Punt Rd oval a big money spinner. Personally can't see how

We should have had at least some form of social club at the G for during games.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 11:48:45 PM »
I have been told that all CLubs will have access to the new social club facilities at the MCG when Collingwood is not playing there. The way it has been explained is on match day the home team will have first use of the facilities.

However, and this is the big catch if Collingwood are playing even as the away tema then they have exclusive use of the Social Club.

Don't know how the financial side of it works - that is who gets the proceeds but I beleive that's how it is going to work.

If anyone knows anything different I will stand corrected ;D :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 02:15:36 AM »
WP, IIRC that sounds correct.

Don't know how the financial side of it works - that is who gets the proceeds but I beleive that's how it is going to work.

That's where it looks like we along with every other tenant except the Pies lose out. As it'll be their social club you'd reckon they along with the MCC must get a fair slice of the proceeds whatever game is on at the G.