Author Topic: Daniel Jackson on SEN (audio and summary)  (Read 2419 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Daniel Jackson on SEN (audio and summary)
« on: February 18, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
Jacko was on SEN this morning with Watson, Maher and Dr Turf. Here's the audio.....

http://111.223.226.5/node/3264

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Jackson on SEN (audio and summary)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 05:04:36 PM »
Summary

* They replayed Cotch saying - "We really haven't discussed wins at this point of the year. We more want to develop our gameplan. Where that takes us. Whether it's 10 wins, 15 wins, who knows. I think we can develop a gameplan that will deliver on matchday and get some success out of that."

* Jacko said he can see the teachings of Hardwick developing and coming along well. Damien said it will take 6 months, 12 months  or 2 years to get his structures and what he is developing. We've come along way since day 1 but we haven't been able to play many games and put it in practice. So it might take a few more but we are on the right track.   

* Jacko agreed with Watson that with such a young squad and learning a new gameplan guys are still thinking about what they are doing and need to do rather than it just being instinctive as it should be. With young players you get both extremes out of them. Sometimes it's confidence and form while other times it's just that inate ability coming out. So you get a guy flashing in for a quarter and you're going we are on here and then disappears for a quarter. But you know over time that consistency will come and we'll be a better team for it.

* Dr Turf asked who helps with morale at Richmond given the past few years Jacko has been there has been tough?
 We have had a few tough years that's fair to say but for some reason we've been able to stick fat over the last couple. It started with Kane Johnson a few years ago. He was very good at keeping a young group fairly positive. Chris Newman did the same with all that stuff off the field. I think it helps we've had a pretty young core group. They just love playing footy. So there's always a bright side you get on a Monday and they can work on the next thing. So as dour as it can get it is just a game and you've got to look at the next week. Round 22 is the worst one 'cause if you lose you've got a long wait but otherwise there's always another week in footy.

* Watson asked if the loss the other night had knocked the confidence around. He knows from experience a big loss like that can leave a big cloud over the team. How do you pick yourselves up after a loss like that?
 Pretty much that same thing. Sunday, Monday the boys are pretty flat. But we just reiterated the fact we're on a long term plan here. And the other point is Hawthorn are going to be a good side. They had a bad year last year but they still have got all their talent and structures. The kind of side that was where we are 4 years ago. They are well structured and have all the talent and that talent is out on the park. Obviously they've had a really good preseason and he reckons they'll be a top 4 side this year. We had to compete against one of the better sides and he thinks in the end we started to come good. It took us by surprise early and we've just got to chip away.

* Martin is a great kid. He's a bit different and doesn't say a great deal all of the time but he really works hard. Askes a lot of questions and implements what he is told. He'll be a good player and some of the other young guy as well. Dave Gourdis has been around for a little while. He's be one of the quickest blokes in the AFL. Get him some AFL experience and you'll never know what kind of backman he'll become. And Dave Astbury took some good marks. So it was good all-round performance by some of those kids.

* Maher asked how elite is Cotchin going to be?
It's all the .... footy brain in that kid. If I could get a bit of that I'd be a much better player. He just has some kind of ability to find targets, hit targets and set up play. If we can get him on the track for a full year we'll be a much better side for it. He's a really hard worker as well. If he's out there we'll be very happy.

* We were genuinely flat when Richo retired. He had his reasons. I spoke to him when down in Tassie for a farewell dinner and I think he said he was playing 20/20 cricket and he went to take a catch out in the deep and realised his hamstring wasn't going to stand out to the rigours of a AFL preseason or season. He's pretty happy with his decision in the end. I'm sure he'd like to be out there playing with us but for us he was an icon around the club. He was always the guy to throw the gag in to lighten the mood and whatnot. He was true champion and I was glad to have played with him.

* Jacko said he's hammy is good. He'll be playing next week. I am just looking after me as I'm old (laughs). Dr Turf said you are now after all the older players left the club. Jacko said he is now the third longest at the club after Newy and Moore. It's very odd.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »
He actually sounds like a very good speaker and yet again all players interviewed thus far have continually reiterated; game plan, 1 month, 6 months, 12 months but they will get it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »
Jacko is a smart cookie and an excellent speaker.
A quality young man.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
Old educated Carey boy.

Happy to see Jacko take some spotlight holds himself together very well.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 03:43:13 PM »
We have had a few tough years that's fair to say but for some reason we've been able to stick fat over the last couple.
He didn't learn that at Carey lol. That's a legacy of his first year under Spud :lol.

While we are miles off this stage at the moment as shown again by last Saturday night, the test to see when this group will have finally clicked together be it 12 months, 2 years or whenever from now will be the next big game such as round 1 last year when everything is on the line, the opposition are up for it, and we don't totally freeze under the weight of expectation, we absorb the pressure rathering than cracking, and we come through in the end to win it. That's where we need to get to eventually. On a scale from 0 to 10 last Saturday night confirmed the Hawks are close to 10 already while we are starting at ground zero so the positive is at least we know where we are at and can no longer kid ourselves.    
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »
i think he got 92 in his ENTER, or 96?

i think he is doing a course at Melb Uni part-time, just not sure which course.

only 23! and said he is the 4rd longest serving Richmond player???

:)

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »

He'll be 25 on Anzac Day.
Yes he's at Uni part time.
3rd longest serving Tiger ATM.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 01:17:43 AM »

He'll be 25 on Anzac Day.
Yes he's at Uni part time.
3rd longest serving Tiger ATM.

he will be 24 on ANZCA Day, i'm the same age as him.

Offline tigergirl09

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 01:29:40 PM »

Sorry torch, but im pretty sure this thread is about jacko not u  :P

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:35:27 PM by WilliamPowell »

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »

Edited to correct quote

Quiet day at the office WP?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »

Edited to correct quote

Quiet day at the office WP?

I wish  ;D

I just have this thing about where possible fixing up quotes that look out of whack  :lol

Humour me  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »

I wish  ;D

I just have this thing about where possible fixing up quotes that look out of whack  :lol

Humour me  :rollin

:)  I know what you mean WP.  It's like people writing in that lazy and disrespectful 'txt' language.  If the words are worth writing and the person is worth writing them to, then have the common decency to write them correctly.   ;)