Author Topic: Robbo getting stuck into Richmond on SEN  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Robbo getting stuck into Richmond on SEN
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
Earlier he said there's a 20 goal difference between top sides and bottom sides. Even a huge gap between the complete top sides (Dogs) and the middle of the road sides (Ess, Carl, WC, North). There's going to be quite a few hidings dished out this year.

Wasn't it just recently that the AFL were heralding the 'evenness' of the competition. Doesn't sound very even to me.  :help

And will only get worse with the removal of priority picks and GC getting a monopoly on early picks.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »
Robbo on SEN was asked by a caller that being the most negative journo out there what positives could he find about Richmond?

- Mitch Farmer is in his supercoach team
- Jack Reiwoldt needs to stand up more.
- The whole side needs a crash course in keeping the ball from the opposition. When they do that they'll be a much better team.

Robbo also said Melbourne is in trouble. They'll struggle to win a game. They don't have the depth being a young side and they've already lost with Morton, Jurrah and Sylvia to injury.

Earlier he said there's a 20 goal difference between top sides and bottom sides. Even a huge gap between the complete top sides (Dogs) and the middle of the road sides (Ess, Carl, WC, North). There's going to be quite a few hidings dished out this year.

Reality is that ROBBO is correct, sorry to say

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »
15th and 6th Pick is the minimum for Richmond in 2010!

:)

FNM

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »
The club was always going to bottom out and maybe for a few years
There's no reason for him to trash the club because it's obvious we are rebuilding
When we didn't rebuild we were criticised
We do what they suggest and we get criticised even more
The media hate Richmond - take with a grain of salt

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
the media dont hate richmond imho, they do it bc the know richmonds passionate fans will always rise to the bait and give their stories and headlies mileage. That's why the tigs get bashed in the media, a bad richmond story is the best story in football, we make ore back pages of the HUN than any other club including collingwood

FNM

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »
the media dont hate richmond imho, they do it bc the know richmonds passionate fans will always rise to the bait and give their stories and headlies mileage. That's why the tigs get bashed in the media, a bad richmond story is the best story in football, we make ore back pages of the HUN than any other club including collingwood
Well I reckon there's a mixture of those that hate us and those that have zero respect
Most of them are ex footballers who either played in an era where we flogged them and they hated us, or they've witnessed us over the last 30 years and have no respect.
And I guess what you say here has an element of truth, we do react and sell papers.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
I agree FNM, the contempt is too vitriolic with some of them.  I look forward to when we earn our next 30 years worth, soon I hope. :cheers
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:12:56 PM »
we get treated with such little respect coz we've done little too earn it having failed to deeliver time after time..FNM is righhhhhhhhhht in that we cant win, we take the path less travelled and rebuild with 14 new faces, get panned coz we havent WON ea contest we've played...what was the alternative, take BRIS approach and stock up with 5 or 6 mature age players...the wheel will be gin to turn for us at some point this year and Im still confident that we can eclipse our 5W of last year...key to that will be expereinced pair Cuzz and axle into the side...tis an enormous burden for a complete young side to carry in absence of experience
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

FNM

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 09:59:01 PM »
The trouble is, most of what they say will stick this year
Be prepared for a very hard year folks on and off the field.
Any other club, be it a Melbourne or Hawthorn or whoever when they're rebuilding, if they lost every game, the headlines wouyld not be on them. If it's us, it's open slather
They know this will be our worst year in ages, and doesn't matter if we blood a couple of good kids who will later develop, the media will be after our blood and it won't be easy to take as a supporter.
Just hang in and try and not react to how they want us to react
Whether we wanted Hardwick or not (and I obviously didn't), he deserves two years minimum to be able to set in motion his plans.
Don't let the media, opposition supporters, our own supporters get the better of you
We're rebuilding and that's about all we'll be able to hang our hats on this year.
We win games, they're bonuses IMO.
If we win more than expected, that's something to really get enthused about, but do a reality check and not get ahead of ourselves
But don't let outside influences (who really wouldn't have a clue about our club -you are more experts than they are) get you in.

I have no great optimism this year - I can't see us winning more than a couple of games, so I'm kind of prepared for it all.  But I'm not giving up in the years ahead.  Hardwick has inherited a couple of good kids, he's added a couple of his own and we can just go up from here I reckon.  We don't have to bottom out any more - we're as low as we possibly can go so the only way is up from here.
And most of all don't react to idiots like Robbo who get off on us self-destructing, both onfield and off
Just accept reality - we're going to be crap for a few more years.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:54 AM »
Wonder why Robbo won't publish my comments on his articles?
I don't even swear! :santa
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
Any other club, be it a Melbourne or Hawthorn or whoever when they're rebuilding, if they lost every game, the headlines wouyld not be on them. If it's us, it's open slather
They know this will be our worst year in ages, and doesn't matter if we blood a couple of good kids who will later develop, the media will be after our blood and it won't be easy to take as a supporter.
Just hang in and try and not react to how they want us to react
Whether we wanted Hardwick or not (and I obviously didn't), he deserves two years minimum to be able to set in motion his plans.
Don't let the media, opposition supporters, our own supporters get the better of you
We're rebuilding and that's about all we'll be able to hang our hats on this year.
We win games, they're bonuses IMO.
If we win more than expected, that's something to really get enthused about, but do a reality check and not get ahead of ourselves
But don't let outside influences (who really wouldn't have a clue about our club -you are more experts than they are) get you in.

I have no great optimism this year - I can't see us winning more than a couple of games, so I'm kind of prepared for it all.  But I'm not giving up in the years ahead.  Hardwick has inherited a couple of good kids, he's added a couple of his own and we can just go up from here I reckon.  We don't have to bottom out any more - we're as low as we possibly can go so the only way is up from here.
And most of all don't react to idiots like Robbo who get off on us self-destructing, both onfield and off
Just accept reality - we're going to be crap for a few more years.

Good post Froars.
Time for Tiger fans to take our medicine.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »

Melbourne comes out and announces their plan is to win 150 games in 10 years. Almost impossible you'd think. No-one cares or says anything.

We come out with a much more realistic plan 3-0-75 and we get laughed at, and it will be used against us over and over again until we start to improve.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »
until we start to improve.

That's the only way the laughing stops. Rightly so.

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »

Melbourne comes out and announces their plan is to win 150 games in 10 years. Almost impossible you'd think. No-one cares or says anything.

We come out with a much more realistic plan 3-0-75 and we get laughed at, and it will be used against us over and over again until we start to improve.

The key is quite simply to make 3-0-75 happen. Then the laughing, the comments, the derisive articles can be thrown back in the faces of those who put them out there. We, as a club and as supporters, need to suck it up for a few years. Soak up all the crap being thrown our way in preparation for giving it right back.