Author Topic: Rex Hunt for Vice .Prez !!!!!!!  (Read 3743 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: Rex Hunt for Vice .Prez !!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 02:10:14 PM »
This is the worst possible thing for me personally. Im a fan of Rex but dont want Casey there........
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 03:34:47 PM »
here's a question

Is it possible to vote for who we want to considering everyone's name is up for this election. Because I read somewhere that Macek said that RFC members wont get to choose who our president will be only who our board will consist of then the new board members will get to vote for a president.

In saying that could it be actually possible we exclude Macek and Casey?

Rex could be president next year if thats the case surely

LOL
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 03:37:13 PM by Puntroadroar »
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 03:39:51 PM »
here's a question

Is it possible to vote for who we want to considering everyone's name is up for this election. Because I read somewhere that Macek said that RFC members wont get to choose who our president will be only who our board will consist of then the new board members will get to vote for a president.

In saying that could it be actually possible we exclude Macek and Casey?

Rex could be president next year if thats the case surely

LOL

Rex will be president no matter what the outcome PRR. He's not running outright this time round as the temperature is too hot and there is too much bad blood. However, no matter who wins the election, they will hand over to Rex after a transition period. Afterall, if Rexy nominated for Pres, he'd win hands down. He probably isnt cause he wants the job with no blood on his hand.

And this would be a fantastic outcome for the club no matter who wins the next election

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 04:14:34 PM »

LOL

Correct PRR I heard Macek say that on SEN the other morning and posted it in another topic. Which was then confirmed by one of the admin's here I think.

We get to vote for a board or ticket - But they decide who will be el-presidente

Dont really think Rexy would be interested in being president IMO but who knows - interesting to see what Rex has to say in the coming weeks  :thumbsup

Never a dull moment at Punt road ehh  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 04:56:37 PM »
Rex this morning in a grab on the news didn't seem too interested in the presidency.

I support the idea of not voting directly on who should be president. That would turn it into a popularity competition and would give the job a far greater significance than it deserves as the president could then claim a mandate from the members. Being president is a figurehead role. He shouldn't have any more power than any other board member when it comes to the board making decisions.

One thing that I was thinking about last night was whether Casey, if he ends up with 9 on his ticket including Rex, would change his mind
about a senate style election if he thinks he would win in that fashion. I hope bloody not! Stick to individual candidates.

This is the worst possible thing for me personally. Im a fan of Rex but dont want Casey there........

Easily fixed om21. As we vote for candidates and not tickets/factions, vote for Rex but not Casey.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 05:11:31 PM »
Just remember the facts. Casey does barrack for Richmond irrelevant in what anyone says.
He wants the club to be successfull, he has no personal gain by Richmond being successfull.
He has made mistakes in which he has acknowledged and corrected accordingly.
The influx of quality personal to our club over the past six months has been significant to say the least eg Wallace, Wright, Hunt, Royal etc.
The club needs someone like Rex to come back to Tigerland.  .
Too have Rex come back to Tigerland is a stroke of genius by Casey, love him or hate him.
As for the alternative ticket, it now has as much strength as soggy toilet paper