Author Topic: Rex Hunt for Vice .Prez !!!!!!!  (Read 3762 times)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Rex Hunt for Vice .Prez !!!!!!!
« on: November 18, 2004, 02:39:40 AM »
Could it be???

what a huge coupe for the Casey regime !!!!

Tigers hooked on Rex
November 18, 2004

RICHMOND president Clinton Casey is close to landing another big fish.

Casey has all but hooked the big fisherman, Rex Hunt, to stand as vice-president.

Hunt is expected to confirm on Sunday his intention to join Casey's ticket to fight the December 22 board election.

With Terry Wallace already on board and the No. 1 draft pick, plus other fancied recruits, going to Punt Rd on Saturday, Hunt's backing could prove decisive for Casey.

Hunt, 55, met with Casey and director of football Greg Miller at his home this week.

While he is yet to commit to Casey's offer, he admitted he was a strong chance to get involved with the club he played 113 games with from 1968-74 for 121 goals and two premierships (1969 and '73).

"Put me down as an 80 per cent starter at this stage, but I can tell you this - it's something I won't take on unless fully committed," Hunt said. "The Richmond Football Club is dear to my heart, and I'm as desperate as most other ex-players and all supporters to see it again become a genuine power.

"In Terry Wallace they have identified the right person to do that, and I would regard it as an honour to be involved in a Richmond revival.

"For that to happen, I will need to speak with my employers at 3AW but hopefully it can be beneficial to 3AW as well."

"People were ringing up 3AW during the year asking when was I going to get off my bum and help Richmond," Hunt said.

"Well, unlike some of my more famous teammates who bag everything, I want to be able to say I at least had the balls to have a go at Tigerland."

Casey is believed to have proposed that Hunt concentrate on media and membership issues, with the fisherman seen as a figure who could attract enormous publicity to Punt Rd.

If Hunt accepts the job and if the Casey ticket is successful, the 103.5kg extrovert (he's lost 20kg in five months) will be a regular voice on Richmond matters.

"But just like Eddie McGuire has done so successfully, I will be Rex Hunt from 3AW as well as Richmond Football Club," Hunt said.

Hunt is due to finish his 14-year career with Channel 7 as a fishing show and football host in two weeks, freeing up his time for 2005.

His larger-than-life exploits as a commentator have tended to overshadow his football career which began in 1965 when he was recruited from Parkdale.

He played all key positions but was at his best at centre half-back for the Tigers in 1972 when second in the club's best-and-fairest award and at centre half-forward with Geelong in 1975 when fifth in the Brownlow Medal count.

After 32 games for the Cats from 1974-75 when he transferred to Geelong in his job as a policeman, Hunt went on to play 57 matches (111 goals) for St Kilda between 1976-78, taking 21 marks at Victoria Park in a 1976 game.

He retired but returned with VFA club Sandringham in 1980-81, kicking 93 and 110 goals.

Herald Sun

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11421571-23211,00.html
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Re: Rex Hunt for Vice .Prez !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 02:41:35 AM »
No matter how much you dislike Casey, maybe just maybe he is after all finally getting his poo together.

Said it all along we Need Rex Hunt, no better Richmond person out there than could sell our club better IMO !!!

yibbida yibbida Go the Tiges, good to see.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 03:23:16 AM »
This could very well be the torpedo that sinks the schwab ship.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 03:41:44 AM »
Not sure how the egos will go with both Casey and Hunt on the same board but it's good see people putting their hands up. As long as they put Richmond's interests first and give Wright, Wallace and Miller their full support then that's the main thing.

Agree RR. Good-bye Alternative if Rexy runs at the election. He has more profile in his little finger than all the rest combined on both sides.

I presume this confirms at least one of March, Turner or Matthies won't be part of Casey's ticket - Casey, Hunt, Cameron, Lord, Nicklos, Mithin, Dalton = 7.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 06:32:03 AM »
Well, i think this is great.  What would be even better is if Rex gets up and Clinton doesn't.  That would make him president lol.
Presuming of course we can vote for individual candidates, could be a possibility.
Certainly, makes it easier to make a choice though if it's one ticket versus the other.
But it'll be good to see him put his hand up - everything else is in place at the moment for a very bright future - just need a figurehead who can represent the club in a high profile way - enter Rex.
BTW, i think he might be on This Is Your Life tonight.
All the stuff that's going on this week is making it hard to go on hols lol
 :birthday :santa :birthday  :santa ...GO SEXY...  :santa :birthday :santa :birthday
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 06:40:11 AM by froars »

Bulluss

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 08:04:40 AM »
i think that we still need Clinton at the helm as he has some very important contacts that have been helping us out.

But Rex will be just as important to the RFC, as stated in the paper Rex will be huge coup in the Membership and marketing side of the club.

Maybe Anthony Mithen could be on the way out i think.

You would also think that Rex wouldnt be one of those people to let Clinton get his own way all of the time, he will voice his opinion all of the time.

Next thing you know Brendan Schwab will be announcing KB as part of his ticket. :o

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 08:14:32 AM »
Next thing you know Brendan Schwab will be announcing KB as part of his ticket. :o
He's more likely to sit it out with KB and not return to the club until everyone who contributed to his demise is no longer there.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Life goes on

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 08:57:20 AM »
Votes for the upcoming election will be as follows.
Current Board  22,700
Alternative Ticket   87
Donkey Votes.   4000.

Now Rex is on board . bye bye Macek, Schwab,Welsh and co.  :birthday

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 09:46:09 AM »

Ditto - Great news  :cheers  :cheers

And please people don't mention that KB word  >:(

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 09:46:31 AM »

Ditto - Great news  :cheers  :cheers

And please people don't mention that KB word  >:(

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 09:51:53 AM »
 have had a chat to him a couple of times Great bloke with a lot of passion for what he does.  :thumbsup

If he takes the job you can guarantee he will not be taking backward steps or putting up with any poo  :bow

Ox

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 10:49:23 AM »
REX WILL BE THE FEATURED GUEST ON THIS IS YOUR LIFE THIS WEEK. :thumbsup

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 12:35:55 PM »
If KB appeared on Macek's ticket it would be an absolute landslide

Casey's way.

I think most Richmond supporters are sick of hearing KB & Richmond in the same sentence.

Let's hope Rexy agrees to get on, it would be even better news than when Wallace signed up with us IMO.

Things are finally looking positive @ RFC after a few seasons we all would love to forget.

RFC 2005 membership if Rexy gets on and with Wallace as coach .....................35,000

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 12:41:34 PM »

Sounds like a sensible deal to me. Rex helps Casey win the election. Casey then hands the presidency over to Rex in 12 months.

Lets see if Casey keeps his word. Cos Rex Hunt running for the presidency against Clinton Casey would be a landslide

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 12:44:28 PM »
i think that we still need Clinton at the helm as he has some very important contacts that have been helping us out.

Yeah, all his wonderful contacts have been helping us out to win wooden spoons and losing more money than when we were trying to steal players from the scum.

And they're probably all Essendon members like he was to begin with