Author Topic: Texas Hold Em  (Read 974 times)

FNM

Texas Hold Em
« on: March 21, 2010, 10:12:46 PM »
Anyone play APL?
I'm hooked.  I'm only learning but really really enjoying.
Anyone else?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Texas Hold Em
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
I usually play NPL but have played APL before.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Only played show poker as a kid  :rollin but yeah Texas Hold'em is good fun. You need good perseverence and patience as a single comp. can last ages and days  :o. The key for mine is to try and get top chip position at your table so you can control the game to an extent and steal cheap blinds without needing very good hands to keep your chip stack clicking over. You've also got to follow the Kenny Rogers rule: know when to hold 'em; know when to fold 'em lol. Don't stay in hands and hope against the odds as it's a quick way to lose your chips.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

FNM

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
Only played show poker as a kid  :rollin but yeah Texas Hold'em is good fun. You need good perseverence and patience as a single comp. can last ages and days  :o. The key for mine is to try and get top chip position at your table so you can control the game to an extent and steal cheap blinds without needing very good hands to keep your chip stack clicking over. You've also got to follow the Kenny Rogers rule: know when to hold 'em; know when to fold 'em lol. Don't stay in hands and hope against the odds as it's a quick way to lose your chips.
hehehe will be a wake up to you if I ever have to play you  ;) :shh
The comps in APL are designed only to go a few hours with the blinds going up every half hour or so, so you can get home at a reasonable hour.  Some dills only last half an hour though haha  ;)