Author Topic: Tigers favourite for spoon with the bookies (Herald-Sun)  (Read 460 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers favourite for spoon with the bookies (Herald-Sun)
« on: March 29, 2010, 05:19:33 AM »
from today's Herald-Sun...

"It's too early to read in too much other than Richmond and Melbourne are no good," Sportingbet Australia's chief executive Michael Sullivan said.

The ... markets creating interest after Round 1 are the do-or-die "wooden spoon" struggle between Richmond and Melbourne, who are both clearly capable candidates.

TAB Sportsbet has Richmond into $2.50 favouritism for the poisoned chalice ahead of the shortening Dees ($2.75).

Sportingbet Australia has Richmond firming for the spoon. "At least Melbourne has players to come back in whereas the Tigers have not much cause for optimism," Sullivan said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pies-to-the-rescue/story-e6frf9jf-1225846662300

TigerTimeII

Re: Tigers favourite for spoon with the bookies (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:49:11 PM »
wtf do ppl rate the dees young list better than ours, what a crock of poo

we will not get the spoon i guarantee u that. no way

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tigers favourite for spoon with the bookies (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »
"At least Melbourne has players to come back in whereas the Tigers have not much cause for optimism," Sullivan said.

Yeah but the Hawks smashed the Demons with a team that was statistically younger and less experienced.

Imagine the carnage if the Hawks had Franklin, Sewell, Bateman, Young, Rioli and Burgoyne in their side.

I'm with you X, we're not flash, but we'll finish higher than the Demons. 3 years in and their supporters are still wondering if they have a game plan.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do