Author Topic: Tigers to win today  (Read 7438 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Tigers to win today
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:30 AM »
I agree with Tony M. 43 tackles is low but due to our players size against bigger bodies we probably laid somewhere between the 60-80 accepatable mark. That means that a minimum of 17 tackles our boys laid last night did not stick and the Bulldogs broke through them. Some of the boys just need to get stronger in the upper body to ensure the tackles do actually stick.

43 tackles is low
so was our final score of 7 6 48
Yes Jack you are right both these stats won't win you many games but it is not a reflection of the kids attitude and committment last night. Thing will improve gradually over time we all know that. To expect results immediately is ludicrous.
I actually thought the Dogs were not that impressive last night despite the scoreboard and have moved back a rung since their barnstorming pre season.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »

I actually thought the Dogs were not that impressive last night despite the scoreboard and have moved back a rung since their barnstorming pre season.

I agree Tucker.  I also love the way not one scribe has attributed any of the errors and deficiencies in the Bulldogs game to the pressure our players put them under.  There were 2 sides playing and the Doggies didn't have it all their own way as the scoreboard (and post-match media booze-up summarising) might suggest.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »

I agree Tucker.  I also love the way not one scribe has attributed any of the errors and deficiencies in the Bulldogs game to the pressure our players put them under.  There were 2 sides playing and the Doggies didn't have it all their own way as the scoreboard (and post-match media booze-up summarising) might suggest.

Why would anyone in the media do their job and actually report on the game. ::)
To the uneducated footy fan all they see is a one sided score and the media is more than happy to report on that  despite the fact there were many positives to come out of the game for Richmond. Does anyone in the media actually watch the game in close detail? :lol :rollin :lol
I was watching the Fox Sports News last night and the commentator reporting on the game said the Dogs were back to their brilliant best. If that's their best then the Dogs are bowing out in another prelim at best.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2010, 11:13:41 AM »
LOL jack ..why put yourself through the ringer here for this?

Am confident the match ups( that I know ) will work :thumbsup :shh.
You will see something a bit different this week

What exactly different were we suposed to be seeing, what was it that made you so confident, what were the match ups that WILL work.

I am not putting you down I am just wondering what it was that had you stick your neck out like this. ??
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »
Best today. Cotchin,Martin Thursfield. McGuane, the rest you wouldnt pee on
Had enough of Jackson as well, :banghead might as well play Tuck if you gunna play Jackson
:thumbsup :thumbsup
Could not agree more- the turnover king. Cannot kick to save himself- MUST be replaced by someone who can use the ball better than him, so anyone else on the list basically. Geez, love his endeavours and hardness but we are going nowhere when he has the ball in his hands

Ramps

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
our turnover merchants should be told to kick it to the opposition, told to aim there kicks at the opposition, that will inevitably mean that one of our blokes will end up with the footy  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2010, 11:43:18 AM »
Sorry, you have to count tackles as a key indicator.
ALL TEAMS DO
Read my post again Jack. I Said that can't JUST count tackles meaning that tackles alone are not a true indicator of intensity! Connors diving head first to tap the ball on would not appear on the tackle count nor would the fact that after he broke his ribs he went in for a second effort! Stats don't count for everything only when you trying to prove a falsehood!

If Nahas kicked the ball properly, Connors would never ever been in that situation ::)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2010, 12:04:11 PM »
our turnover merchants should be told to kick it to the opposition, told to aim there kicks at the opposition, that will inevitably mean that one of our blokes will end up with the footy  ;D

Interesting theory Ramps, I like it!   :lol

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
:rollin ;D :clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »
Thats why when McMahon had a shot for the points against Melbourne & it went through the goals :lol they were not sure what to do at first  ;D
Melbourne were so happy  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »

I heard that theory being told to John Manton by a frustrated fan many years ago out at Waverley when we were playing Fitzroy.

Manton was advised to aim for a Fitzroy player and he's hit a Richmond player on the chest after he'd turn over the ball countless times that day. :lol :rollin :lol

Ramps

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2010, 07:11:15 PM »

I heard that theory being told to John Manton by a frustrated fan many years ago out at Waverley when we were playing Fitzroy.

Manton was advised to aim for a Fitzroy player and he's hit a Richmond player on the chest after he'd turn over the ball countless times that day. :lol :rollin :lol

that was probably me  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »
You heard it.
Jackstar tipping the tiges in a boil over :thumbsup.

So effing typical.
You place unrealistic expectations on a young team against a serious contender and then proceed to rip them to shreds throughout this thread when the result makes you look like a fool.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »
You heard it.
Jackstar tipping the tiges in a boil over :thumbsup.

So effing typical.
You place unrealistic expectations on the team and then proceed to rip them to shreds when the result makes you look like a fool.

Tongue it cheek.
Mate, will be lucky to win a "'quarter "" if we keep dishing up that rubbish ::)