Author Topic: Tigers in dire need of extra help from AFL (Age)  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers in dire need of extra help from AFL (Age)
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
Melbourne played the system like maestros and timed their finish to coincide with the new teams coming in to perfection.  They will be strong and weather the draft concession storm at our expense.

For us as a club and most of our supporters it was about developing winning cultures HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
We are so stupid as a club we didnt even know how to tank properly.
Ramps, it's a double edged sword! Win and boost our membership/attendances to solve our immediate liqudity problem or lose and get a get higher draft pick that will develop down the track and not solve our immediate financial issues! Melbourme have stuff all members and low attendances anyway so for them it was a moot point!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »
Melbourne played the system like maestros and timed their finish to coincide with the new teams coming in to perfection.  They will be strong and weather the draft concession storm at our expense.

For us as a club and most of our supporters it was about developing winning cultures HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
We are so stupid as a club we didnt even know how to tank properly.
Ramps, it's a double edged sword! Win and boost our membership/attendances to solve our immediate liqudity problem or lose and get a get higher draft pick that will develop down the track and not solve our immediate financial issues! Melbourme have stuff all members and low attendances anyway so for them it was a moot point!

Fair point

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 07:16:30 PM »
Has any club been successful from deliberately losing games? ?

Ever see Sydney, Geelong, Brisbane, Collingwood throw a game?

None of them have spent anywhere near the time we have at the bottom of the ladder.

It's about recruiting smart and developing players properly.

This has been the failure of the club, not the fact that we haven't sent teams out on to the ground with the sole intention of losing?

Oh, Richmond, we're so poo  because we don't play to lose? (not on purpose anyway ;D)

:lol

Maybe we could incorporate that into the club song?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2010, 08:03:50 PM »
Collingwood definitely tanked in 2005 to get both Pendelbury and Thomas in the top 5 of the draft. They put all their senior players in cotton wool and sent them off to get surgery so they were right to go for the preseason.

Hawthorn went the youth path in 2005-6. They tanked a game against us late in 2005. We came from 7 goals down with Pettifer kicking the winning goal. I still remember a Hawk fan near me cheering they had kept their priority pick.

Saints, Dogs, Carlton and now Melbourne have gone down the "tank" path. It hasn't hurt them. Will one of the first two win the flag this year?

Voss and Roos have topped up with mature recruits. Will their respective clubs win a flag with their lists though?

If there are priority picks this year as claimed in the media then serious questions should be asked of Craig Cameron and the match committee last year for winning/drawing meaningless games in the second half of last year. Most of that match committee are now gone elsewhere to other clubs so thanks guys for looking after our future  :scream. Not only did this rubbish about "winning culture" cost us another top 20 pick in last year's draft but it will cost us the chance of getting both picks 4 and 6 in the November draft this year. Why should the AFL help us with a freebie early priority pick when we as a club foregoed that very opportunity ourselves through a very own stupidity and lack of foresight and planning.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2010, 09:15:29 PM »
We almost did the right thing against the Roos only to let our hard work slip and draw the game
then McMahon decided to hit a target from 50 metres in the one and only time in his career.

It's our own fault we could have won the spoon last year as I was suggesting with the way the draw was in July.Especially as Melbourne Fremantle North Us and West Coast were all playing each other in the last 6 -8  weeks of the season. We had our chance.  We shot ourselves in the foot leaving the incumbent staff with the arduous task of rebuilding whilst a compromised draft is in place. :banghead