Author Topic: Changes next week for the Demons game?  (Read 6531 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Changes next week for the Demons game?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »
Edwards was okay, wont get dropped

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »
Out: Post,

In: Polak - we need a big body fixe din the goal square to straighten us up

Post was awful last night. He wont chase, attack contests and actually almosts looks disinterested. His work off the ball is non existent.

I said it last week and I will say it again - having watched him closely last night and last week it's pretty clear to me why he didn't play all the praccy games in the seniors.

And just on tambling - I thought he had his best game last night for 2010. His gut running and defensive work off the ball was very good indeed

I was not at the game last night and only watched it on tv but if that was Blings best game this year no wonder we are pathetic. He is a fumbling, terrible kick, soft tackling dud! End of story. (at games i remark everytime he fumbles to my mates and by the end of the game i am sick of my own voice)
Could not give a fying (you know what) what he does off the ball, he is a number 4 pick and needs to get the footy and lots of it and most importantly use it. If i was never to see him again in a Tigers jumper i would be happy. Had enough of him and peoples excuses for him. Time for this club to move on from him and ADMIT they made the mother of all F UPS!!!!

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »

Post was awful last night. He wont chase, attack contests and actually almosts looks disinterested. His work off the ball is non existent.

I said it last week and I will say it again - having watched him closely last night and last week it's pretty clear to me why he didn't play all the praccy games in the seniors.

And just on tambling - I thought he had his best game last night for 2010. His gut running and defensive work off the ball was very good indeed

I was not at the game last night and only watched it on tv but if that was Blings best game this year no wonder we are pathetic. He is a fumbling, terrible kick, soft tackling dud! End of story. (at games i remark everytime he fumbles to my mates and by the end of the game i am sick of my own voice)
Could not give a fying (you know what) what he does off the ball, he is a number 4 pick and needs to get the footy and lots of it and most importantly use it. If i was never to see him again in a Tigers jumper i would be happy. Had enough of him and peoples excuses for him. Time for this club to move on from him and ADMIT they made the mother of all F UPS!!!!

You may get your wish at the end of the year if rumours are correct  ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »

C'mon Jack, watch the replay, I thought that recently I had been a bit hard on Edwards so I made sure that I payed particular attention to his game last night. Gee he didn't let me down, other that one goal he kicked his turnovers are amazing. Really this guy is not up to it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 10:41:03 AM »

You may get your wish at the end of the year if rumours are correct  ;)

Ah ok then so what are rumors??

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »
that one club in particular thinks they can make him the player everyone thought he could be and that they want him. in time we will see if this is true.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »
that one club in particular thinks they can make him the player everyone thought he could be and that they want him. in time we will see if this is true.

Swans, Pies or Hawks then?

"Rucks:

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »

C'mon Jack, watch the replay, I thought that recently I had been a bit hard on Edwards so I made sure that I payed particular attention to his game last night. Gee he didn't let me down, other that one goal he kicked his turnovers are amazing. Really this guy is not up to it.
I agree WAT. I was at the game and watched Edwards closely and whilst you can't fault his work rate, his decision making and disposal skills were Unemployable!!!
He directly cost us 3 goals and another 3-4 in momentum with poor tackling and dreadful turnovers. The SCG being a small ground is one place where turnovers kill you in a flash.
So Jack, when you say he wasn't that bad, are you referring to his work rate?? Because that was the only positive I could see in his game last night.

Post was also dreadful. He was very slow in the forward line and has poor hands when the ball hits the ground. the only good point was his second effort which led to a Riewoldt goal.

You definitely see more things live, both good and bad than you do on TV. Cotch look a bit slow last night and was huffing and puffing. He was well down on last weeks effort. Does anyone know if he has a virus or something? or is it just in interrupted preseason??

Therefore
Out: Post, Edwards
In: Astbury, Polak

On the bright side, how good was Martin!! Sure he was a bit inaccurate in front of goal but this kid can seriously kick. It was my first time seeing him live and I was super impressed. He also has really good upper body strength as I saw him shrug off tackles on many occasions.
I was also impressed with Vickery's game. My first time seeing him live too and He has very quick hands for a big lad.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 11:12:40 AM »
Post Out?

Unbelievable. about 14 days ago everyone was whinging how small we were and how we needed a tall up forward. Post has had 2 games lol and you want him head chopped. Mind baffling.

I like Roberts alot but just seems a fish out of water, unfortunately looks to be a player that would be amazingly dangerous in a good side that has high possession count. He'd cause so many headaches at a Brisbane, Sydney and Collingwood. I think he prob needs to have a few steller games at Coburg. Just seems a fish out of water at the moment.

No point changing the side its amount game time and experience regardless how much you tinker with the side and makeup our best 100% fit line up wont beat any side this year. I've got no problem with that just wanna see our future on the park, backing themselves and having a crack. Our wins this year will be winning as many qtrs as we possibly can.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »

I agree WAT. I was at the game and watched Edwards closely and whilst you can't fault his work rate, his decision making and disposal skills were Unemployable!!!
He directly cost us 3 goals and another 3-4 in momentum with poor tackling and dreadful turnovers. The SCG being a small ground is one place where turnovers kill you in a flash.
So Jack, when you say he wasn't that bad, are you referring to his work rate?? Because that was the only positive I could see in his game last night.

Post was also dreadful. He was very slow in the forward line and has poor hands when the ball hits the ground. the only good point was his second effort which led to a Riewoldt goal.

You definitely see more things live, both good and bad than you do on TV. Cotch look a bit slow last night and was huffing and puffing. He was well down on last weeks effort. Does anyone know if he has a virus or something? or is it just in interrupted preseason??

Therefore
Out: Post, Edwards
In: Astbury, Polak

On the bright side, how good was Martin!! Sure he was a bit inaccurate in front of goal but this kid can seriously kick. It was my first time seeing him live and I was super impressed. He also has really good upper body strength as I saw him shrug off tackles on many occasions.
I was also impressed with Vickery's game. My first time seeing him live too and He has very quick hands for a big lad.

Totally agree.. :clapping

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 11:19:19 AM »
Tiga, how did you see Robert's work rate live the ground? I'm a bit at odds with Ramps on this as watching on telly, often he seemed to be the only forward chasing the ball carrier or runner outside the 50?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
Post Out?

Unbelievable. about 14 days ago everyone was whinging how small we were and how we needed a tall up forward. Post has had 2 games lol and you want him head chopped. Mind baffling.

:lol, I was waiting for someone to bring that up, while I called for him to be dropped for next week I totally agree with you. I didn't harp on about him coming in like many others did but I have called for him to be dropped because he doesn't look like he works very hard and he has become slower IMO.

But isn't it funny because many said that he should be in the foward line and in the side, well thats what has happened, he has done little and now the same people wan't him out.

Leave him in and see if he can grow.

"Rucks:

Ramps

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 11:22:29 AM »
Post Out?

:lol, I was waiting for someone to bring that up, while I called for him to be dropped for next week I totally agree with you. I didn't harp on about him coming in like many others did but I have called for him to be dropped because he doesn't look like he works very hard and he has become slower IMO.

But isn't it funny because many said that he should be in the foward line and in the side, well thats what has happened, he has done little and now the same people wan't him out.

Leave him in and see if he can grow.

Grow like what - a tree?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
Tiga, how did you see Robert's work rate live the ground? I'm a bit at odds with Ramps on this as watching on telly, often he seemed to be the only forward chasing the ball carrier or runner outside the 50?

Al I found Relton to be a bit inconsistent. Bursts out of the blocks like a Ferrari but once the Nitro expires he turns into a Lada Samara with a sugared tank of petrol. He was out of position on a few occasions and really had troubles with zoning. Around contests he was also inconsistent. Should have been front and centre at a few of jack and Postiess dropped contested marks but he was nowhere to be seen. Not sure if it was a coincidence but our forward defensive pressure really lifted after he was taken off.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
cheers tiga
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI